Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

After spending a couple of weeks with this speakers, I think I have found a serious problem:

I find myself disappearing from my family and having extended listening sessions until 1am or later most nights.

Long term, this may not be sustainable for my professional or family life.

In all seriousness, to me these AG’s don’t really impart any character whatsoever to the music. What they do is allow me a window into the true emotional content and the real energy of the recording. Live music sounds like live music. There is no audio equipment holding back that energy any more. It’s just there. For me.

I ended my long session last night, after rocking out to some live jammy stuff, by a full listen to James Taylor Sweet Baby James album. That album, with the lights out, the scotch empty, bedtime approaching... I was floored.

Truly mesmerized by how thrilling and alive and “right” these speakers are to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight, here we go again. Buckle up.

Rediscovering certain music again... I feel like it’s my senior summer in high school, going for long car rides with friends, music packed, a discovery awaiting.

This is fun.

Listening to Johnny Cash at midnight. Tell you what - these AG speakers just continue to impress. Rock, jazz, acoustic, vocals. I don’t listen to classical much, but everything else I think AG does superbly.

I have had more fun in the last month with this rig than I had in the previous 3+ years. Such life to these babies.

Joe

I wonder how these would sound with your ZOTL and Triode's or maybe even the ZOTL on it's own?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Well, I am playing them to great heights with the Triode 300B monos. Same ones Mike has.

These seldom get past 1 Watt with me.

Joe's got the 45/211 model so more than enough juice there but the ZOTL maxes out at about 1 watt.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Super Moderator

I think Mike knows a few guys in FL running LTA on AG speakers. They love the combo. I suspect 300B type amps to be awesome on AGs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

I wonder how these would sound with your ZOTL and Triode's or maybe even the ZOTL on it's own?
    Last edited by joeinid; December 15, 2017 at 01:13 AM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Super Moderator

I think you have the perfect combo Justin. I am so happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Well, I am playing them to great heights with the Triode 300B monos. Same ones Mike has.

These seldom get past 1 Watt with me.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks, Joe. Very nice of you to say.

Joe

Just thought I'd give you another option to go with Harbeth. In my systems the amps would be overkill except the little Music Reference or maybe the Mystere. Maybe when we go to Spring Training in March I can get by and hear Mike's Duo's. Hopefully I won't be smitten like Justin.

Jack - if you’re ever in Boston, give a shout. You’re welcome to hear my setup.

Super Moderator

Oh my, I know the AGs would be the ultimate choice (look how happy Justin is now), but something keeps bringing me back to Harbeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

Just thought I'd give you another option to go with Harbeth. In my systems the amps would be overkill except the little Music Reference or maybe the Mystere. Maybe when we go to Spring Training in March I can get by and hear Mike's Duo's. Hopefully I won't be smitten like Justin.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Justin

Could happen at some point as our son works for Summit Partners in Boston. He is on "sabbatical" from them at the moment while he finishes his MBA at HBS. He lives a couple of blocks from Fenway.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Oh my, I know the AGs would be the ultimate choice (look how happy Justin is now), but something keeps bringing me back to Harbeth.
    Everyone knows if Joe cant lift them in and out it's a a no go ....

A few months in and the fun hasn’t stopped. At all. Having so much more fun than I’ver ever had in this hobby. Not really thinking about audiophile stuff, just finding it hard to stop listening after an hour... sessions have a tendency to run late. Always.

With AG at the core, the music just invites me to stay. With big open arms, a bear hug each evening. “Hey you, sit down please and hang out with me tonight. Please. We’ll have fun, you know we will. Just do it. Just one song.”

Super Moderator

Justin, it’s so cool to see you so happy. Love these updates. That’s exactly why we do this, for the unbridled joy we get from listening to our systems. Congratulations!!!!

NAD C 658 streamer.

And you can relate to how good those Triode amps can be too... no small part of the equation here.

Super Moderator

Absolutely, but you definitely made the right choice for your system. Excellent!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Justin, I'm sooooo jealous

Paul

Thumbs up for American Sound. Jody Hickson is awesome for setup of these beauties

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboytp View Post
    Thumbs up for American Sound. Jody Hickson is awesome for setup of these beauties
    Huh? I set them up.

Jody is a great guy up in Canada. Ironically, American Sound of Canada! Ha!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Justin,

bump for an update.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Justin,

bump for an update.
    No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to hear the update lalalallalalallalala LOL.
    Paul

Ha. Happily. Off to dinner now, but at approximately 1am tonight, after an extended listening session, I will update.

Super Moderator

Enjoy!

NAD C 658 streamer.

And ???
    Avantgarde Zero 1 XD
    Aurender N100H
    Oppo BDP - 105D
    Sony A8F 65“ Drop dead gorgeous picture.

Inquiring minds want to know...
    Avantgarde Zero 1 XD
    Aurender N100H
    Oppo BDP - 105D
    Sony A8F 65“ Drop dead gorgeous picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomey View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know...

I think Paul has him gagged in the back of a closet somewhere!!

OK, a few rambling thoughts.

I continue to love the AG's. Clearest sign for me is just how hard it is to power down whenever I listen. A session beginning at 9pm just inevitably runs until midnight at the earliest. Music is as fun as ever for me. I crawl into bed at 1am far too often these days. Life is short! I can't shortchange a listening session! I promise this will be the last tune.

I have done lots of tinkering with some final touches in the past couple months. First I upgraded ICs and SCs to Kubala-Sosna Emotion or higher up the chain. Then I really wanted to upgrade all my power cords. I listened to the new AQ Hurricane and Dragon, the new Shunyata Sigma, and KS Realization. It's funny how we each hear differently, I guess. And of course much is system dependent, so I shouldn't make generalizations. But to my ears -- just as with the other cabling in my system -- the Realization was the very easy winner here. Some may describe KS as warm. I actually don't hear it that way at all. When comparing to others, I find KS to be the most real, the most representative of the live event. I love them. So I am going all Realization throughout the system. I accept that many will think I am on another planet for preferring these power cords to some other big power names. But for me it was such an easy decision. The Realization is a BIG step up, in my opinion, from Elation in terms of Power Cords. I think they are amazing. I find myself wondering if they are seriously underrated in the world of power cords.

I've played around with 300B tubes. There is certainly some real magic in the midrange with these 1997 Western Electric ones I have. But in many ways I have actually preferred the stock Psvane WE 300B replicas. they are just fuller sounding, sound more powerful, and are more linear throughout the spectrum. I think they are really great and with some of the more dynamic, snappy music I think they are a great fit.

I just had delivered a new pair of Elrog 300B. I am eager to try these.

I love my Triode 300B amps, but could see myself some day wanting to at least hear what a great Class A solid state amp would sound like with AG. What would be the dream match for the most musical, magical Class A with AG? Pass? Accuphase? Luxman? I have no idea. But some day I will want to hear. The Triodes are phenomenal though.

It is possible that the Duos are my dream speaker for my space. I don't find myself lacking anything... but if I could have just a little more of all this goodness? hmmm. A story for another day. Wife would kick me out of the house if I made that change soon.

The biggest compliment I can give the AG's is that, through all this tinkering and playing around, all of the music, all the variations... they are all tremendously pleasing. This isn't to say that you can throw any amp or cabling on AG and sound great. But of all the stuff I have played around with, I am enjoying myself endlessly with it all. I'm totally happy with my setup.

Basically, I feel I have found the right speaker for me. And for that I am very, very grateful.

Super Moderator

Congratulations Justin. We are so happy for you. I am sure the AGs are special.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

Justin, I know exactly what you mean and I feel the same way after almost 4 years with my Avantgarde’s. They’ve caused many a late night!

The new Pass XA25 is a great Class A amp for the AG’s. The best SS I’ve tried on them and ironically, the least expensive. To be honest, I haven’t found anything as good as tubes on the AG’s, except the XA25 shows promise. I wish it had convenience XLR inputs though.

Almost by accident I recently tried the VAC 200iQ Stereo amp with some 1960 GoldLion KT88’s, Stock Tung-Sol 6SN7’s and fell in love with that pairing, especially combined with the VAC preamp. But a large part of the sound is those special KT88 tubes. New GoldLion KT88’s don’t hold the same magic and the KT150’s were noisy.

The thing about the Avantgarde’s is that they are so incredibly revealing and I always say, if you want to know what something truly sounds like, the AG’s will let you know!

Enjoy in good health my friend.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Almost by accident I recently tried the VAC 200iQ Stereo amp with some 1960 GoldLion KT88’s, Stock Tung-Sol 6SN7’s and fell in love with that pairing, especially combined with the VAC preamp. But a large part of the sound is those special KT88 tubes. New GoldLion KT88’s don’t hold the same magic and the KT150’s were noisy.
    Mike - did you hear noise with the GS150?
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Mike - did you hear noise with the GS150?
    Nope, it was DEAD quiet.

Thanks - great to know. I continue to think Uno XDs through the Ref75SE is going to be my ultimate setup.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

The Elrogs are glowing... the Oban is flowing...

Justin,

from my multiple auditions at home I may recommend 3 SS A class designs which worked perfectly with my Duo Omega or Duo Mezzo XD, all integrated:
    a/ ASR Emitter II
    b/ AG XA integrated ( power + pre XA are even better but only xlr connectors)
    c/ probably the best of all - Vitus SIA 025

Unfortunately I did not try any Pass amps.
    Enjoy your Uno XD
    Aurender W20->Lampizator Pacific SE/Audio Aero La Fontaine->Ayon Crossfire III or Circle Labs A100-> Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26, 4x REL Carbon Special Subwoofers
    Analog : Fat Bob S with SME 5, Shelter Harmony, Tom Evans Groove+ SRX mk2, Muarah PSC with InteliClamp
    cabling: Duelund DCA 16GA, Acrolink, Vovox, Siltech, Transparent, Audio Phase , NxLT The Flame, FTA Callisto and Sinope usb, Fadel Art , Argentum , REL Bassline Blue

HT : Sony HW 50 ES, Oppo 93 EU, Darbee DVP-5000 ,Yamaha Aventage RX-A 3010 , B&W 9.1, screen 120 inches matt white

And just like that, all the audio joy in my life sucked out for the time being.

Seems a new Elrog 300b tube just went, and took one of my new Triode amps in the process.

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Very sorry to hear. Dang.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Oh man

Sorry
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

And just like that, all the audio joy in my life sucked out for the time being.

Seems a new Elrog 300b tube just went, and took one of my new Triode amps in the process.

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

So very sorry to hear! I admittedly cringed when you mentioned you were going with the Elrog 300B. I had 8 of these... I think 6 failed... conversely no issue whatsoever with the Elrog 845’s - totally awesome... take a lickin and keep on tickin

Well...on the bright side of things... still have some of that Oban left to enjoy?! ;-)

I will chalk this one up as a learning experience. Hopefully it’s just a fuse.

I just want to get the music back as soon as possible!

It was a blown fuse. I’m back in business!

Phew. I realize how attached I am to the greatest toys I have ever owned when I am forced to consider being without them for an extended period.

Super Moderator

Phew! Dodged a bullet right there.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Phew. I realize how attached I am to the greatest toys I have ever owned when I am forced to consider being without them for an extended period.

That was our hunch. Glad it worked out. But if not, I had the boys at Triode on alert!

Stick to the tubes that don’t blow up. Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

That is really good news! So happy you are up and running again.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

I have effectively been out of business for the past month+. Had a perfectly working system until those Elrog 300B's entered the mix. They did something to my amp. I thought it was as simple as a blown fuse. Nope. Keeps blowing a fuse. I had a wonderful system and I guess I got greedy. Stinks. Amp being shipped off for service today.

I will simply warn others so they don't go through what I have: be very careful with these Elrog 300Bs. I asked the distributor in no uncertain terms if there was any risk to damage from amps from them. Was repeatedly told no.

Well, all it took was a handful of hours of use and they did something to my wonderful amps. New amps (less than 9 months old that had worked perfectly). So yeah, I am frustrated.

It will get fixed. I hope. But I've learned my lesson. Never touching a tube company again with any history of issues like this. I blame myself. I got greedy.

Was in FL this week and saw Mike. Wanted to love the little Pass XA25 amp as a SS alternative for when I'm down. But after enjoying tube amps with these AG I got so much less joy listening to the Pass. for me it was night and day. all the emotion gone. flat.

I will say, the ARC REF 160s (I believe that's what they were) sounded absolutely stunning on the Uno XDs. Amazing sound. Completely captivating. Massive soundstage, amazing control and grip, but such harmonic richness and texture. Yeah, I liked those. A lot.

I have effectively been out of business for the past month+. Had a perfectly working system until those Elrog 300B's entered the mix. They did something to my amp. I thought it was as simple as a blown fuse. Nope. Keeps blowing a fuse. I had a wonderful system and I guess I got greedy. Stinks. Amp being shipped off for service today.

I will simply warn others so they don't go through what I have: be very careful with these Elrog 300Bs. I asked the distributor in no uncertain terms if there was any risk to damage from amps from them. Was repeatedly told no.

Well, all it took was a handful of hours of use and they did something to my wonderful amps. New amps (less than 9 months old that had worked perfectly). So yeah, I am frustrated.

It will get fixed. I hope. But I've learned my lesson. Never touching a tube company again with any history of issues like this. I blame myself. I got greedy.

Was in FL this week and saw Mike. Wanted to love the little Pass XA25 amp as a SS alternative for when I'm down. But after enjoying tube amps with these AG I got so much less joy listening to the Pass. for me it was night and day. all the emotion gone. flat.

I will say, the ARC REF 160s (I believe that's what they were) sounded absolutely stunning on the Uno XDs. Amazing sound. Completely captivating. Massive soundstage, amazing control and grip, but such harmonic richness and texture. Yeah, I liked those. A lot.
    Very sorry to hear about your amp problem Justin. Hopefully you can get it repaired soon and back in action.
    I too listened to the Pass XA-25 on the AG Uno's and I agree that it does sound very good, but lacks the magic that tubes bring out of the speakers!

The VAC Signature 200IQ sounded great, but the ARC 160's are so beautiful, so I am very happy to hear that you loved the sound.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Thought I’d post an update. While I listen to C’est La Vie, new album by Phosphorescent. Lush, layered 3D sound pours out.

These speakers changed my enjoyment of music at home. I freakin’ love them. I stopped following and reading about every little bit of audio gear in the last year. To me, AG sound is supreme.

I have had so many late nights of music in the last year. Every session is engaging.

I think about AG Duos but... my concern is they would keep my wife awake. My biggest challenge in my audio room in basement is occasionally stretching volume a bit and not waking her up! Afraid Duos would just be a bigger sound that would hurt in that area. But that is the one change that tempts me.

i spent the last year dialing in these speakers to my liking. And I had some tube related technical difficulties... but I am in a glorious place now.

i love my Triode 300b amps. I think they are perfect with these speakers. I also lovvved the ARC Ref 75 (is the right model Mike?) on these. A very powerful sound that is memorable. But I am so happy with the Triodes. Fantastic match. Quite magical.

i love the new Takatsuki 300B tubes I have in them. My favorite 300b so far. Better for me than the WE 1997 reissue that I tried. Balanced, sweet, dynamic... just right. I think about replacing my stock 274 rectifier tubes with Tak.

My preference for cabling and power cords ended up being Kubala Sosna. I dramatically preferred the Realization power cords to anything else I heard. And I heard many of the big boys. To my ears, so much more REAL than some of the others. Captured the real sound of this live music I know and love. Transparent but not harsh. A clearer glimpse into the music.

i am in audio heaven. All the speed and dynamics of horns, all the magic of tubes. I couldn’t find another outcome that allowed me to have both.

I cant stop listening. My limitations these days are based on my space, my room... I just love the sound. And AG’s are at the heart of it.

i can’t put a number on how much more I love AG’s and this system than my past stuff. I turn the lights down and I get lost. And I think they are great with all types of music.

to each their own. But if you’ve heard AG’s and been captured by something in the sound... just do it.

Super Moderator

Justin,

That is an awesome summation of what you are experiencing. Thank you for posting. We are so happy for you.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!