Avantgarde Uno XD - wow! - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yup, pretty much. And how much 3D do you want. Want more? Pull them out from the front wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard Mikes system and it sure didn't sound Meh, its was more like wow, PS the bass was wow and very accurate.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE ,Bryston BCD-1, Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e22. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. HT: GE Triton 2's, Denon4311, OPPO205, OPPO105.,

2. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    I got confused reading the comments regarding setup. If the speakers are directional, what is the setup challenge? Why is setup not a piece of cake? Just a matter of putting in the right spot to get the bass to integrate?
    My Speculation ...

I'm suspecting based on Mordante comments there were Bass resonance issues in the room and in order to tame they may have had to turn the bass amp down and out. Mikes comments are mostly regarding the Horns, not the bass modules which are more affected by the room and location.

In situations like this good sound may only be available from one location , if any .......

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    My Speculation ...

In situations like this good sound may only be available from one location , if any .......

Regards
    Almost certainly.
    MBP (2), stripped down for music only; Curious USB; PS Audio LanRover; Audioquest Diamond ethernet; REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Audioquest Diamond AES; Schiit Yggdrasil; Ayre QB-9 DSD; Ayre Codex; ASR Emitter II Exclusive; all electronics on Grand Prix Audio stands; mass-loaded Tannoy Canterburys on custom stands; Outboard Duelund xover bypassing internal Tannoy xover & Tannoy EQ; bi-wired with Duelund DCA16GA speaker cables; mass-loaded REL 212 SEs; Duelund DCA20GA ICs; Stealth Dream PCs; dedicated custom room; various room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Post Thanks / Like

My Speculation ...

I'm suspecting based on Mordante comments there were Bass resonance issues in the room and in order to tame they may have had to turn the bass amp down and out. Mikes comments are mostly regarding the Horns, not the bass modules which are more affected by the room and location.

Regards
    Could very well be. It also could be my taste. The horns gave me the idea that I was listening to multiple speakers instead of one system.
    Integrated amp: Symphonic Line La Music Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Phono amp: RCM Sensor Prelude Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 Interlinks Ansuz X Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, Anuzus Mains A, NBS dragon fly, Zu Bok Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

Avantgarde Uno XD - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Could very well be. It also could be my taste. The horns gave me the idea that I was listening to multiple speakers instead of one system.
    A friend of mine has an AV Trio set up and when I first heard it I thought he had a center channel. He actually had a bass trap right between the speakers and I thought that the sound was coming from the bass trap! So I definitely question the set up where you heard them.

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the question on my listening song list and my preferences...

Listening now to Kurt Vile - Wakin' on a Pretty Day. One of my favorite albums of last several years. Love Kurt Vile.

I listen to lots and lots of old Grateful Dead shows and Phish shows. Listened late last night to the 3/29/90 released Dead show with Branford Marsalis.

The listening with friend that I referenced was to an 8/4/17 Phish concert we both were at in NYC.

Love some old Allman Brothers - Live at Fillmore East.

Listen to lots of jazz, especially Miles Davis. Stuff like In a Silent Way, Jack Johnson recordings etc. right up my alley. Love Keith Jarrett. Grant Green. Freddie Hubbard. Stuff with some groove.

Have blown away by how good a couple unplugged MTV albums sound on this. 10,000 maniacs, Clapton, REM.

Was just listening to some Bob Marley with morning coffee. Sounds great.

The most exciting part is that I haven't even remotely started optimizing things. Mike is coming in 10 days to help dial me in. I haven't touched bass setting. I haven't played much with speaker placement. I haven't rolled tubes. I haven't replaced the stock jumper cable or power cords for the subs. I haven't optimized cabling choices around new speakers. Amps aren't broken in. Etc etc etc.

So, quite exciting to me that there's so much room for growth from here.

8. Likes Jim Smith liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Justin, try this album. Their rendition of Billie Jean is just awesome.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Will do - thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike do you know if that song is available on LP ...? I did listened to it off U-Boob before....

Regards

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike do you know if that song is available on LP ...? I did listened to it off U-Boob before....

Regards
    Yes, the whole album is available on vinyl.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5