Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lumin D2

Lumin D2

Hello

Exciting news, is it wourt for uss whit D1 to trade upp ?

Re: Lumin D2

Quote Originally Posted by srt View Post
    Hello

Exciting news, is it wourt for uss whit D1 to trade upp ?

I've been watching their Facebook page and never seen or heard of a new D2. You have a link ?
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Super Moderator

If the D2 is the model without the ability to use an external power supply, I’d get a D1 while you can. The D1 is superb.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

lhttp://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-d2.html

Her is a link.

Joe, i agree, feel more comfortable whit the psu (sbooster) on outside.

Unless there are things the D2 can do that the D1 can't, it may make the D1 retain a nice resale value. I have not heard the D1 (have a U1) and briefly considered selling my second system DAC (which I can probably sell for a little bit more than the D1 plus a power supply) and buying a D1 (more for the fact that I have a Windows based music server) but the amount of time I use the system is not that much and it sounds superb so I left it alone.
    Main System - Lumin U2, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, VTV Purifi 1ET-7040SA with tube buffer, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel S/812 subs
    Back-up 1 - Premium Audio mini Gan Amp, Oppo 103D, 2 Richard Gray cond, Selah SA-2s, Sumiko S5 sub, Teac UD-503 DAC, Carver (modded) C-9
    Back-up 2 - Onkyo TX-NR797, Panasonic DP-UB820, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, PowerSoundAudio S1500 sub

Quote Originally Posted by srt View Post
    lhttp://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-d2.html

Her is a link.

Joe, i agree, feel more comfortable whit the psu (sbooster) on outside.
    Well that's cool. I wonder how it will compare sound wise to my D1 with a external PSU.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Does anyone have insights as to whether this is the start of upgrades across the full line of Lumin products?

Lumin D2 uses an internal switching power supply that is better than the external power supply supplied with D1. Combined with improved digital circuitry and the proven analog design, the imaging and dynamics are improved. D2 also comes in black and silver versions.

For those users who are interesting in using an external LPS such as Sbooster, we have reserved a limited number of D1 units.

This website (in Chinese) shows more photos of D2:
    http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/201711/lumin-d2/
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

This begs the question: Which sounds the best? A D1 with external power supply or D2 with new internal power supply?

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by randhat View Post
    This begs the question: Which sounds the best? A D1 with external power supply or D2 with new internal power supply?
    Peter would know best based on user feedback, but I'd expect it to depend upon the quality of the external supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuz1 View Post
    Does anyone have insights as to whether this is the start of upgrades across the full line of Lumin products?
    Great question. I will be buying a DAC and Streamer/Player in December or January and would love to know what Lumin’s upgrade plans are.

Quote Originally Posted by randhat View Post
    With D2 compared to the D1 with original power supply, D2 sounds better.

If you're asking for a comparison with the D1 with Sbooster, we won't be able to answer this question as we don't even have a Sbooster. Please consult your dealer.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Great question. I will be buying a DAC and Streamer/Player in December or January and would love to know what Lumin’s upgrade plans are.
    Same here. I like that D2 has internal power supply. But I'm mainly looking for a streamer/player and D2 DAC section maybe redundant for me. Wondering if Lumin has any plan for a D2 version of U1.

I found the following in the public domain comparing the D1 and D2 in the event anyone is interested:

Differences we found on line for Lumin D2 and Lumin D1
    - new generation CPU in D2, slightly faster processing speed
    - D2 includes an internal 100/240 volt "switch mode" power supply in place of the D1 wall wart (Maybe from the Lumin M1 integrated amp/streamer)?
    - The D1 allows for an optional Sbooster, external linear mode AC to DC power supply upgrade, the D2 cannot accept this option. D2 is AC powered.
    - Logic and listening tests suggest better sound quality in D2, when compared to a D1, if and only if the D1 uses the included wall wart for it's power supply. However, the D1 with the external Sbooster Power Supply upgrade does sound significantly better because it is a linear mode toroidal AC to DC power supply. Many people have stated the D1 with the Sbooster upgrade, is very close in sound quality to the Lumin T1 which has a MSRP of $4000.
    - It is well known that DC power is cleaner and quieter when compared to AC, especially if compared to a "switch mode" AC power supply as in the D2.
    - Full size (D2) vs. mid-size/compact size (D1). Enlarged cabinet/board casing on D2.
    - D2 supports DSD128 5.6MHz audio format and playback of all music file types (from the change in CPU).
    - D1 supports DSD64 2.8MHz audio format and playback of all music file types
    - Outputs and other connections on the rear panel are the same for the D1 and D2
    - both Silver and Black color available in D2 to match consumer preference, D1 is shipped in a silver finish only
    - IEC power cord socket used for the internal "switch mode" power supply found in the D2. Power cord included is for internal/external AC use only.
    - The Lumin Application and streaming services support, are exactly the same for D1 and D2.
    - D1 and D2 use the same DACs (Wolfson WM8741).
    - MSRP D1 with wall wart: $2000, with Sbooster external linear mode toroidal power supply upgrade: $2375
    - MSRP D2 with internal "100/240 switching mode" (consumer grade) AC power supply: $2300

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    - D2 includes an internal 100/240 volt "switch mode" power supply in place of the D1 wall wart (Maybe from the Lumin M1 integrated amp/streamer)?
    The D2 internal power supply is different from the one inside the M1, because the latter needs a lot more power for the amplifier.

Note that we only have a few units of D1 remaining for purchase.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I have had the new D2 for a couple of weeks and really love it. I have XLR's running to my Pass XP-30 and the Power Cable is plugged into a PurePower 2000 which I would never want to be without.
    This week I will be getting a BNC to RCA digital cable to plug into my K-01X and be able to see if that makes an even bigger improvement using Tidal through the Lumin. I will still have to play the MQA's through the XLR's but I am hoping the other CD quality will sound even better through the Esoteric. - ALL FUN
    HK
    HK
    Magico S5 MK II's, McIntosh MC 1.25KW's, McIntosh C12000 Solid and Tube Pre , MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N20, Moon 260D CD Transport, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, MIT Magnum M1.3 Speaker Cable, Silenzio Music Server, Shunyata Everest, Shunyata Power Cords

Den System: Sonus Faber Maxima Amator, Luxman 509X Integrated Amp, MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N10, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Audio Lab CD transport, Silenzio Music Server, , PurePower 1500.

Theater System: Dynaudio Elite for L&R, Dyn Contour for Center, SCX, Paradigm in-ceiling(2), SVS Subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Marantz AV8801 Processor, Parasound A31 Amp, Marantz Amp, LG 65""

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by hkval View Post
    I have had the new D2 for a couple of weeks and really love it. I have XLR's running to my Pass XP-30 and the Power Cable is plugged into a PurePower 2000 which I would never want to be without.
    This week I will be getting a BNC to RCA digital cable to plug into my K-01X and be able to see if that makes an even bigger improvement using Tidal through the Lumin. I will still have to play the MQA's through the XLR's but I am hoping the other CD quality will sound even better through the Esoteric. - ALL FUN
    HK
    Congrats HK. It’s a terrific piece. Have you played any MQA files?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congrats HK. It’s a terrific piece. Have you played any MQA files?
    MQA is a step up in quality and I was surprised to see so much available. Lumin is easy to set up based on the fact that I could do it and it worked on the first attempt. It also looks great in the rack. There is a Masters' List and also the album is marked MQA with a symbol when you look a CD up by artist. Very nice setup
    HK
    Magico S5 MK II's, McIntosh MC 1.25KW's, McIntosh C12000 Solid and Tube Pre , MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N20, Moon 260D CD Transport, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, MIT Magnum M1.3 Speaker Cable, Silenzio Music Server, Shunyata Everest, Shunyata Power Cords

Den System: Sonus Faber Maxima Amator, Luxman 509X Integrated Amp, MSB Discrete Dac, Aurender N10, SVS subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Audio Lab CD transport, Silenzio Music Server, , PurePower 1500.

Theater System: Dynaudio Elite for L&R, Dyn Contour for Center, SCX, Paradigm in-ceiling(2), SVS Subs(2) SB 1000 Pros, Marantz AV8801 Processor, Parasound A31 Amp, Marantz Amp, LG 65""

Congrats on the D2. Still waiting for the comparison between D1 with Sbooster PS and D2.

Quote Originally Posted by hkval View Post
    This week I will be getting a BNC to RCA digital cable to plug into my K-01X and be able to see if that makes an even bigger improvement using Tidal through the Lumin. I will still have to play the MQA's through the XLR's
    If you use the Lumin D2 digital output, you can set the MQA mode to Digital Output. This will do the MQA Core decoding (first unfold) to 88.2kHz or 96kHz to BNC-SPDIF. (Note that analog outputs will be muted when playing MQA this way.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    If you use the Lumin D2 digital output, you can set the MQA mode to Digital Output. This will do the MQA Core decoding (first unfold) to 88.2kHz or 96kHz to BNC-SPDIF. (Note that analog outputs will be muted when playing MQA this way.)
    That is fantastic advice. I had no idea. My cable comes in this week so I am excited.
    Thank You,
    HK
    HK

Another Lumin D2 user posted his impressions over at Roon forum, comparing it with the DAC inside his integrated amplifier:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lum...567/24?u=wklie
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Someone in Hong Kong auditioned Lumin D2, CXN V2 and Oppo Sonica and bought D2:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

the D2 is certainly an elegant, one-box solution for computer audio... has me very interested.

anyone have any thoughts on how it (or the D1 predecessor) sounds versus the ps audio DS junior and/or the auralic altair -- two other similar dac/streamers in the mix for me?

thanks!

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by aKnyght View Post
    the D2 is certainly an elegant, one-box solution for computer audio... has me very interested.

anyone have any thoughts on how it (or the D1 predecessor) sounds versus the ps audio DS junior and/or the auralic altair -- two other similar dac/streamers in the mix for me?

thanks!
    The D2 is a nice step up from the D1. I sold one to HK, hopefully he will chime in with his thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Two users of Lumin D2 reported XLR output sounds better (which is expected because of Lumin true balanced design) - that is even true with one of them using an integrated amp that does not use a true balanced design, but internally converts balanced to single ended.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

[QUOTE=Mike;231610]The D2 is a nice step up from the D1. I sold one to HK, hopefully he will chime in with his thoughts.

I have both the Lumin and the PS Audio Junior. I have the Lumin cabled with XLR to the Pass XP 30 Preamp and also Digital Cable to the Esoteric K-01-X and it sounds great either way.
    The PS Audio Junior, in my den system, was far superior to the DAC in my integrated McIntosh and each free upgrade has moved it to an even higher level.
    The Junior is a substantial piece of equipment and the Lumin is adorable. Either choice is a good one.
    HK
    HK

Anyone experiencing this problem? After loading playlist on tidal When press play my lumin just keep skipping tracks and not able to play at all At the moment i can only get lumin to play with Spotify Any help will be much appreciated

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Dancool, welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dancool View Post
    Anyone experiencing this problem? After loading playlist on tidal When press play my lumin just keep skipping tracks and not able to play at all At the moment i can only get lumin to play with Spotify Any help will be much appreciated
    experienced this exact thing a few months ago. it turned out to be nothing related to hardware or any associated playback software... for some reason after an operating system update i was logged out of a streaming service. after logging back in all was good again... so, might give that a check for tidal at the place where you log-in -- lumin app, roon, etc.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | air tight atc-5 + atm-300r | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + kanjiroba diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dancool View Post
    Please logout your Tidal account from all devices (if any) that is not Lumin, and computer.

Then use Lumin app to logout from Tidal, then re-login.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

What is the D2's sound character like? Does it come off fairly neutral or more warm or polite? I'd like to find a one box solution to get started with, is the D2 easy enough to set up and use?

If memory serves when I was comparing the D2 and Altair, the D2 doesn't stream wireless in the way the Altair does. If so, is there a work around like an extender and Ethernet attachment, I forget what it's called?
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

For sound character (warm) and ease of use I'll leave that to other users to comment on, or you may check out the various D1 reviews - there are D2 reviews but they are not in English.

For WiFi to Ethernet conversion, you may use a WiFi to Ethernet adapter, or known as wireless bridge. Some (not all) WiFi routers can be configured to operate in WiFi Client mode that performs a similar function (but with usually better hardware).

You need an iPad to use Lumin.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi Guys

Anyone had chance compare d2 vs d1+sbooster or other power linear supply?
    This should be very hot compare

Cheers

Hi Guys

Anyone compared D1+ lps vs d2?
    I'm very interested about results
    Must be someone who did this

Cheers

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    What is the D2's sound character like? Does it come off fairly neutral or more warm or polite? I'd like to find a one box solution to get started with, is the D2 easy enough to set up and use?
    While waiting for others to chime in, I google translated a D2 review from https://www.hifi.nl/artikel/26454/Re...nde-klank.html , it says this:
    The Lumin D2 also has a neutral sound with a very light touch of warmth. Dynamics and spaciousness are in good hands with the Lumin D2.
    For the setup, the main thing is to get MinimServer running on a computer or NAS - with some NAS it can be installed without too much difficulty and is actually easier than what the lengthy description seems to imply, and set your music library path correctly:
    http://minimserver.com/installing.html

With the iPad connected to the WiFi router of your network, the Lumin app should see the MinimServer and let you choose albums and add them to playlist.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Stecko View Post
    Hi Guys

Anyone compared D1+ lps vs d2?
    I'm very interested about results
    Must be someone who did this

Cheers
    Anyone?
    Can't believe nobody compare those two

I don't suspect anyone but a dealer would have made the comparison and I doubt they are going to say anything that isn't positive of either combo. If you own and are happy with the D1+Sbooster why would you have a reason to just spend the money to try the other option.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

https://www.sbooster.com/MKII-sneak-peak/

Lumin cannot endorse any internal component change.

Any unit shipped back for repair must contain the original components with no hardware modification (including the drive in L1).
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I got a D2 the other day from Mike and I'm really impressed with everything from the packaging to the build quality to the ease of use to the sound. I didn't expect it to be this good. I figured it would primarily be a streamer with the DAC as an afterthought, not at all!

I powered on my Lumin D2 this morning and there is only a Circle icon on the display. No other information and the Lumin app no longer sees the D2, but can see my U1. Anybody have a clue about how to regain access to the D2?
    MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp, SST Son of Ampzilla II Amp, PS Audio Directstream DAC w/Bridge II, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, ELAC 3070 Sub, Roon Nucleus w/8TB SSD storage

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - HiFi Rose RS250, KEF LS50W Nocturne Speakers

Please power down your Lumin units, iPad, and all network switches/AP. Power cycle the WiFi router, then the switches/AP. Wait for 5 minutes, then power up both Lumin and the iPad.

When there is no playlist, only a circle appears on the front panel.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter. It working again!
    MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp, SST Son of Ampzilla II Amp, PS Audio Directstream DAC w/Bridge II, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, ELAC 3070 Sub, Roon Nucleus w/8TB SSD storage

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - HiFi Rose RS250, KEF LS50W Nocturne Speakers

Roon forum member posted his impressions of Lumin D2 in https://community.roonlabs.com/t/dsd...568/16?u=wklie
    I genuinely cried during the first track I listened to…for me it really was that good at conveying the music. Vocals and instruments all seem to just sound more present, 3 dimensional and organic, drums and guitar in particular sound as I believe they should. The background against which they appear also seems somehow darker and more silent. The rest of my system, which lusts longingly for a future upgrade to Amphion speakers and a Hegel amp, has no business sounding this good. My headphones, connected via the balanced outputs to an Arcam rHead, also sound completely upgraded. I’ll make a decision over the weekend after some more hard-headed comparison but at this point I’d be very surprised if I don’t choose to keep it.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I just received my Lumin D2 today. I know it must be "pilot error", but I have been unable to get it to play any tracks. I have a subscription to TIDAL and I can bring up all my music there, but when I click on the "play" button in the Lumin IPad app, nothing happens. Same thing for playing the music that showed up in the Lumin App when I first connected to the D2. I can see the music in the app, I can switch from one song to another on the app, but the play button is not functional. Also, if I airplay Tidal from my Ipad, it will not play. It shows it is connected to the Lumin, but no sound. In all cases, I see the song listed on the front window of the Lumin, and a circle, but it never shows it playing. It's got to be in my settings, but I cannot figure it out. My Lumin is connected directly to my McIntosh MA252 and to the my home network. Everything seems to work fine except the "play" button is non functioning. I would appreciate any help that could be provided.
    McIntosh MA252, Lumin D2, Emotiva XPA 2 Gen 3, Polk Audio LSiM 705, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Oppo UDP 203, Polk Audio Signature S20

Try turning the Lumin and the iPad completely off wait a couple of minutes then turn them back on Lumin first. If that doesn't work try logging out of Tidal and back in inside the Lumin app.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Try turning the Lumin and the iPad completely off wait a couple of minutes then turn them back on Lumin first. If that doesn't work try logging out of Tidal and back in inside the Lumin app.
    Thanks so much. That seemed to fix it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin D2