Sony 65" OLED
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sony 65" OLED

Post Thanks / Like

Sony 65" OLED

Stopped in Best Buy today to buy a Terk antenna. Took a peek at the Sony 65" OLED. Stunning! Put me on the list for the 2018 model....
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Magico S3s.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sony 65" OLED

Just an FYI for those whom may care. LG makes the display panels for the Sony OLED TVs. Some people prefer Sony's software and other features but they are generally more expensive than an LG.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just software and features which differentiates the Sony OLED sets from LG's which use the same panels, but Sony's video processing expertise which results in what many find to deliver superior picture quality. There's much more to a video display than the panel alone, just as with DACs the use of a particular chip does not entirely determine its ultimate sound quality.

4. Thanks blownsi thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, Mike Lavigne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I own the 65" Sony A1E OLED (since May) and another thing I really like is that it's screen is the speakers, yet the sound quality is pretty good including the bass. so it's simple and elegant and no hanging sound bar or stuff to deal with. love the picture. been flawless. not the cheapest. but highly recommended.

my previous 1080p 60" Panasonic (top-of-line 4-5 years ago) had a sound bar I added, and the sound failed. I could not diagnose it so gave it away. never liked that sound bar hanging down. I only use this TV for sports mostly football and the occasional 4k video.

I have a separate dedicated 2 channel room, and a separate 7.1 FP4K HT room in the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is right on, the screen speakers are damn good and the woofer box/stand works. No sound bar to deal with.....when the 77" comes down to a reasonable price, I'm in.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm contemplating a TV upgrade and the Sony A1 OLED is on my shortlist. In my case I use a Lumagen Radiance Pro video processor, so I assume that somewhat levels the playing field between the Sony and LG: no need to pay for the better software in the Sony, right? Is there a setting in these displays that bypass internal video processing, because the Lumagen will be doing all that.

Post Thanks / Like

The 2018 models have been announced. The AF8 series. No more easel stand. A traditional stand, which makes wall mounting far easier. A lot of additional upgrades also.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Magico S3s.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Drool...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Drool...

Me to, drool city for a 65" but these 2018's out of the gate are going to be $$$, but its something you will use everyday. last year's models launched at $5,000 and $6,500, (55" & 65")
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE ,Bryston BCD-1, Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e22. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. Timbernation Rack

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Me to, drool city for a 65" but these 2018's out of the gate are going to be $$$, but its something you will use everyday. last year's models launched at $5,000 and $6,500, (55" & 65")
    I’ll wait for the 75 inch to drop in price.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast