Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

App version 6.0.12

App version is what I meant. Why can’t titles be edited?

This updated today, and the only change I see is that now loading, changing, and naming playlists requires buttons to be pushed. Personally, I had no issue with how it was before. Simplicity succeeds, complexity fails. (My work motto for writing software)

Now I would like to see Lumin add the option to reindex a direct attached USB drive. I am really sick and tired of adding new CDs and downloads to my drive, and Lumin does not show them. It is a royal PITA to get the OS to realize there are new folders (directories) on the drive. I guess it is because I am at 500 GB on a 1 TB drive. I doubt if they test at that limit.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Re: Firmware 6.0.12

Let me add to this. This upgrade sucks. Now if you delete a song from a playlist you just can’t save the current playing playlist. You have to re-enter its name. Very sloppy software here.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

There appears to be a new bug introduced here. I haven’t had this in the three years since I bought the S1, and now it has happened twice tonight. Playing songs on a playlist with random shuffle now has a new song stuttering and popping when it starts. Restart it, and it plays okay.

This is dangerous as the popping can destroy speakers, and I don’t need that.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Re: App version 6.0.12

Being the QA engineer I am, I just had the stuttering and popping again. This time the app crashed, and restarting it skipped.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Hi, if your using Tidal it can occur that Tidal itself has some problems and occasional makes that kind of stuttering, its been really good for a while now.

This latest upgrade may not be Lumin's best effort. I too am finding the app more unstable and crashing more frequently.

When I try to modify the current playlist the name of that list is no longer shown as in previous versions.

One nice feature from a previous upgrade is that you can now tell which of your tracks are from TIDAL and which ones are from your local storage.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    When I try to modify the current playlist the name of that list is no longer shown as in previous versions.
    Yes, that is a big oversight. If you add to or delete from a playlist you need to renter the name just to save it. I haven’t tried Tidal yet so can’t blame any issues on Tidal.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Let me add to this. This upgrade sucks. Now if you delete a song from a playlist you just can’t save the current playing playlist. You have to re-enter its name. Very sloppy software here.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure this limitation is read by appropriate personnel. The playlist UI redesign was meant to make things clearer for first time users, and significantly reduce the chance of accidentally deleting saved playlists.

For the other stuttering problems related to the use of USB HDD, please check that you have disabled the USB HDD idle power sleep or park (via wdidle3 / hdparm, etc.) I'll also try to see if there is anything that can be done.

As always we recommend users to use MinimServer or L1 instead of USB HDD. A lot of browsing flexibility is not available when using USB storage.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter, thanks. Having to enter the name of the current playlist in order to save it is very irritating.

Not sure what you are talking about with USB idle power sleep. I have been using this for about three years, and the stuttering and popping just started.

I like direct attached USB as it eliminates any network issue.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Peter, thanks. Having to enter the name of the current playlist in order to save it is very irritating.
    If you want to replace an existing playlist, simply tap it and its name will be copied to the playlist name entry box. There is no need to reenter it.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Got it. Thanks. So used to the previous version where the name of the current playlist was already entered. I think that is the only place the playlist name was displayed. Now if you forget what playlist is playing then there is no way to find out.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Not sure what you are talking about with USB idle power sleep. I have been using this for about three years, and the stuttering and popping just started.

I like direct attached USB as it eliminates any network issue.
    Since no else reported this issue, I believe this is caused by latency with USB HDD access. In the next firmware I hope a change will make it better. However, if the USB HDD did sleep (just physically touch it and feel whether it is spinning or not after it's been idle for some time, and before the next session of music playback), then this is a more difficult problem.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Actually, other than after first upgrading the app, I haven't had this issue again. Thanks.

It would be nice if the name of the current playlist was displayed somewhere in a future app upgrade.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Playing internet radio for a couple of days make the d1 nonresposive (have to power cycle)

Quote Originally Posted by Sober View Post
    Playing internet radio for a couple of days make the d1 nonresposive (have to power cycle)
    Continuously from the same radio station? Or switched among several?
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Continuosly from same station.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

App version 6.0.12