Power Cords - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power Cords

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Actually, it is a very good word. Shunyata understands power as few others companies do. Their power products, cords and conditioners, are excellent.

+1
    [Primary] Audio Research REF6 | Dan D'Agostino Momentum S250 | Wilson Audio Alexia + Mezzo | PS Audio Directstream DAC + Transport + P10 | Bryston SP3 + 9BSST2 | Velodyne DD15 | JVC X7900 | Panasonic UB900 |Cables TBA

[Office] Troels Gravesen Illuminator Monitors | TBA | JL Audio F110

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    speed, you didn't like the word 'synonymous' so you replaced it with 'Belden' ??
    Belden makes so many different kinds of good cable, they are not a synonym for power cords. In fact power cords would be way down the list. At the top would be Cat cables.(IMHO)

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Belden makes so many different kinds of good cable, they are not a synonym for power cords. In fact power cords would be way down the list. At the top would be Cat cables.(IMHO)
    FWIW - I had the new Belden audiophile cables in the store called Iconoclast. They were returned. Piss poor build quality. Sonics not even approaching mediocre competitors. On the same level as StraightWire, for 20 x the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you had flash cards with brand names on them, when you showed Shunyata, I'd be willing to bet most anyone who recognized the name would say power cord, or, one of their other power produccts. Synonomous, may not have been the best, like Kleenex is to tissue, nonetheless, power is what Shunyata is recognized for.

I have to agree on the Econoclast, I think Belden was ready to ride on a bandwagon found there was more to it. Maybe they thought the square shape would persuade. My friend brought in a set of the speaker cables right around the time they launched. He brought them over for me to try, I thought perhaps good for the top end if biwiring, I wasn't getting much bass response to speak of, the overall sound just struck me as odd. So much so I thought there must have been some kind of mismatch with them and my system electronically somehow.

I think of Belden as a bulk supplier, they never enter my mind as someone to actually buy any type of pre-made audio product from. I know Bluejeans proudly shows their cables are Belden, good stuff up to about the point where highe quality cables have their entry products. Maybe even better than some entry, they do top out about there though..
    Mark Levinson #512 & 532h, Pass Labs XP10, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003/BD7003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30, SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering

Post Thanks / Like

BJC's Canare based products are far superior sound wise to the Belden based products.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, Aqua La Voce S2 or Musical Paradise MP-D2, PS Audio BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Blue Circle PLC FX-2 with BC-62 PC, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Oppo Sonica, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, surprised to hear that about the Beldens - I have not heard them, and my own interconnect experience tops out at mid-level Shunyatas and AQ Colorados.. but there are some folks in the PS Audio forum that have praised the iconoclasts. You'd think they (I mean Belden, not people in the PS Audio fora ) Would know something about how to design a high-end cable...maybe I'll get to hear them someday, though I am not planning to go out of my way!
    Main system: PS Audio P5, CAPS server w/HDPlex power supply, Hegel H160, AQ Colorado and Rocket 44, Vandersteen Treos, PS Audio DS DAC. NAD M4 tuner, Mcintosh MR74. Analog: Bryston BLP1, Ortofon Quintet Black, customized Tavish Adagio phono pre. AudioSensibility Statement interconnects. Rythmik Audio 15-inch sub. Other stuff: Sequerra Met 7's (original) Met 7 MK. II, REL Q108, Berning ea-230's, Micro Seiki BL51 with Grace and Rega arms. Too much else to list, I am gonna leave a heck of a pile of stuff when I die.

Post Thanks / Like

Put the Gobel PC into my system last week on my MSB DAC. Another spectacular product from Gobel. As I reported on another thread I am burning these in for my friend who has become the distributor for Gobel in the USA. Still waiting for a 20 amp PC for my GS150 and XLR from DAC to amp but these are some serious cables and power cords. Right now out of my price range although I will probably try to get at least a 20 amp for my amp by selling lots of stuff. These cables and power cords are truly excellent. Craftsmanship second to none. Oliver recommends 100 hours to get full burn in. Have that on the speaker and USB cables and about 25 hours on the power cord. I have tried many power cords (not the newest Shunyata) and these are the best I have ever tried. Different class than Valhalla2 which is what this replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2