ROON using a NUC - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ROON using a NUC

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Borrow the Rossini clock from ur dealer....
    Once I get very familiar with the unit and get it updated with the final MQA release I will borrow a clock. My dealer says he has one with my name on it.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum Mono amps & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Rossini & Clock
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects, PC - Transparent Reference Powerlink MM2x
    Power: Shunyata Denali

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I will be selling the Roon Nucleus. That's what I would get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Mike,
    Do you know how does one rip cd to a Nucleus? My macs don’t have cd drives!
    thabks
    paul

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jussy1254 View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Do you know how does one rip cd to a Nucleus? My macs don’t have cd drives!
    thabks
    paul
    If it has internal storage, you could use a USB CD drive. $20-50 at BestBuy/Amazon.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If it has internal storage, you could use a USB CD drive. $20-50 at BestBuy/Amazon.

thank you for your mega quick reply. That’s what I was fearing. It’s the reason I end up disliking digital/computer files and stick to cd and vinyl. Too much hardware and not a clean clear minimal,solution...
    at my business I have a Weiss Man301 server that rips cds in flac direct;y to my NAS. At home I have a Laufer ‘the memory player’ (latest version) that has done away with the cd rom drive. It’s a pain.
    i was thinking perhaps that buying a Sonictransporter 8tb and connecting via Ethernet to my Soulution 560 DAC would be the way to go. The soulution accepts DLNA
    the 8TB has an onboard cd reader and 8TB of space plus carries roon ..

I’m lost as I would like a SIMPLE one box easy to use solution
    yourcadvice and help are great;y needed

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you , always appear to be about the newest software/dac/cables of the month and last month setup is crap circular discussions .

Post Thanks / Like

ROON using a NUC

thank you for your mega quick reply. That’s what I was fearing. It’s the reason I end up disliking digital/computer files and stick to cd and vinyl. Too much hardware and not a clean clear minimal,solution...
    at my business I have a Weiss Man301 server that rips cds in flac direct;y to my NAS. At home I have a Laufer ‘the memory player’ (latest version) that has done away with the cd rom drive. It’s a pain.
    i was thinking perhaps that buying a Sonictransporter 8tb and connecting via Ethernet to my Soulution 560 DAC would be the way to go. The soulution accepts DLNA

There is an all-in-one unit from a brand called SilenZio.

I have not seen or heard it but have read lots of good things about it, including customer service.

Power Conditioning and Filters: Nordost QRT Power Products, PS Audio P10 & PS Audio Noise Harvesters
    Cables, Isolation, Reflection and Absorbtion: Nordost Reference Power & Interconnects, HRS M3X Platforms, HRS Damping Plates, Stillpoint’s Isolators and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source: Aurender N10, PS Audio Direct Stream and Memory Player

Post Thanks / Like

Sonictransporter does offer a one box solution called the AP8 withe a 8TB drive and built in cd drive for loading your files. I have no idea how good it is.

When I need to burn a disc to one of my servers I just plug in my USB drive to my MacBook Pro and move it over from there. It was Very simple.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum Mono amps & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Rossini & Clock
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects, PC - Transparent Reference Powerlink MM2x
    Power: Shunyata Denali

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4