Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Audioshark

Say hello to the new Lampizator Pacific DAC

As a reminder, the brand new Lampizator Pacific DAC will be launching at Suncoast Audio on Saturday October 14th from 12pm - 4pm. Lukasz will be on hand for Q&A and to discuss all matters related to his new masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Say hello to the new Lampizator Pacific DAC

love it

Looks a bit like Dalby stuff ... which not a bad thing. I've heard it weights 30kg ?

Fingerprints will love it
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Purdy!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Looking good!

I just think the bolts holding the top cover could maybe have been solved in a better way? To not have any I mean...
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

+1 on the bolts. I've told that to Łukasz yesterday.

It can be done and it is not a rocket science - just examine how dCS gear is put together:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Adam

Wouldn't that increase cost and price?

for the price asked, I think it should be possible to make it look premium all the way... I think most gear actually does not have visible bolts, costing much less.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Ask and you shall receive !

I've just spoken to Łukasz on the phone and he told me that the bolts you see are just on this preproduction unit used for the pics. The production units will have all the bolts concealed, like on the dCS DAC.
    Adam

Oh great

Am hoping there are alternative finishes available.....

Looked a little like the Pathos Classic One with the Allen bolts
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Chrome finish would make it a bit Burmester like looking ... but I don't hold my breath. GG was only available with copper chassis.

BTW - the golden color you see is not gold plating - this is the natural color of polished brass.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Chrome finish would make it a bit Burmester like looking ... but I don't hold my breath. GG was only available with copper chassis.

BTW - the golden color you see is not gold plating - this is the natural color of polished brass.

It really looks nice ,I must admit. But a lot of people I am talking too are actually missing LampizatOr iconic EYE and this rough, a bit industrial look. On the other hand this new design doesn't match any other product in the portfolio , so who knows? Maybe Lukasz will consider a " classic " chassis option available for hard core die hard fans of LampizatOr brand

I listened to the Pacific DAC twice at RMAF. Despite the speakers limiting the sound quality somewhat, I could still hear the excellence of this DAC. It delivered detail and nuance, an expansive soundstage with realistic image size and precise placement, natural midrange warmth and body without tube coloration, and excellent dynamics from black backgrounds. I think Lampizator has a real winner with the Pacific DAC.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I listened to the Pacific DAC twice at RMAF. Despite the speakers limiting the sound quality somewhat, I could still hear the excellence of this DAC. It delivered detail and nuance, an expansive soundstage with realistic image size and precise placement, natural midrange warmth and body without tube coloration, and excellent dynamics from black backgrounds. I think Lampizator has a real winner with the Pacific DAC.

Ken
    This reads like something you copied and pasted from the latest rag review.

Quote Originally Posted by MPWRZME View Post
    I was going to bite my tongue but my better judgement lost. So here goes:

Nice...

Ken was simply trying to be helpful. He’s a knowledgeable audiophile who kindly takes the time to contribute and share his knowledge and experience with us on this forum. Many of us appreciate his contributions and respectful approach. It would do you wonders to follow his example.

Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Ok, let me simplify it. The Pacific DAC provided greater detail, was more linear, more dynamic and had a lower noise floor than the other Lampizator DACs I've heard. Yet it retains the body, texture and dimension that Lampizator is famous for. I think it is a significant improvement over the Golden Gate.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
    I was going to bite my tongue but my better judgement lost. So here goes:

Nice...

Ken was simply trying to be helpful. He’s a knowledgeable audiophile who kindly takes the time to contribute and share his knowledge and experience with us on this forum. Many of us appreciate his contributions and respectful approach. It would do you wonders to follow his example.

Well said. No good deed goes unpunished.

Almost like someone who wasn't at the show giving me sh!t for not staying all day on Sunday.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Almost like someone who wasn't at the show giving me sh!t for not staying all day on Sunday.

Mike,

Thanks for hanging with me at the show. I hope your trip home was a smooth one.

Best,
    Ken

At least this has some value

Ken is a valuable member here. Other people who already heard the Pacific seem to agree with Ken.
    Adam

Audioshark

Mike,

Thanks for hanging with me at the show. I hope your trip home was a smooth one.

Best,
    Ken
    Thank you. It was great to hang out with you. All went smooth on the way home. You too I hope.

Oh NO you didn't stay all day Sunday , glad you made it home safe to hot and humid Floridah .
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Ken is a valuable member here. Other people who already heard the Pacific seem to agree with Ken.
    exactly , what we want is a report from those who experienced that in person and have sth to share

Ken would be in a better position than me to compare the SQ of the Pacific to the GG. I'm grateful for the report.

Now, one big difference here is the luxury fit and finish, which is literally glaring. I figure this is a good move by Lukasz since we increasingly see Lampi GG's featured at shows with some of the most expensively assembled systems. In the presence of some of that gear, our beloved Lampi can seem a bit utilitarian, not to say homely. If Von Schweikert wants to use a Lampi front end to help its $250k speakers sound superlative, then the least Lukasz can do is to dress the part.

For my listening room, the steam-punk industrial chic of my A+ is a good look. As for SQ, somebody can pry it from my proverbial "cold, dead fingers."
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Oh NO you didn't stay all day Sunday , glad you made it home safe to hot and humid Floridah .
    Thanks Chris. My 9 year old son was very happy I was home. He didn't want me to stay another day either.

Audioshark

Ken's report is spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ken's report is spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nothing against the Lampizator in the least. In fact I heard it too and think it's pretty darn good as well, but the comments Ken made just sounded so much like the same canned hype you hear in every friggin review. Sorry, but it reminded me of those Morrow Audio cable ads you see posted on the US Audio Mart, or even something Simon Cowell would say about the performance of the next American Idol.

Nothing against the Lampizator in the least. In fact I heard it too and think it's pretty darn good as well, but the comments Ken made just sounded so much like the same canned hype you hear in every friggin review. Sorry, but it reminded me of those Morrow Audio cable ads you see posted on the US Audio Mart, or even something Simon Cowell would say about the performance of the next American Idol.
    You certainly have a way with words. I wrote my second post just for you.

The Pacific DAC provided greater detail, was more linear, more dynamic and had a lower noise floor than the other Lampizator DACs I've heard. Yet it retains the body, texture and dimension that Lampizator is famous for. I think it is a significant improvement over the Golden Gate.

Ken

Yawn. You seem more interested in criticising someone’s thoughtful comments than adding anything useful yourself.

Um, what did you expect Ken to say? He did his best to sum up what he heard in a few words. This was a snapshot impression from RMAF and not a review. You sound like someone with an axe to grind.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Thanks Chris. My 9 year old son was very happy I was home. He didn't want me to stay another day either.

It hard to leave the little ones are home. Just think Mike before long you will be bringing him to these shows and getting him started in the hobby the right way. That should be fun. But of course as he ages, there is school, sports more school and then girls, driving a car ( that was my scariest time as a parent) yep should be a blast as he will have a proficient audiophile teacher.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Too much mob mentality here now to get into it any more than simply stating that there is no way that Ken (or anyone) can make any meaningful comps or comparisons that one piece of equipment (in a system and room that he has never heard before) can or cannot do within the context of that system. There is just no way to extrapolate...too many variables. He even said himself that the speakers were holding the Lampi back. In what way? It's one thing to say the system sounded great, or sounded better than system x in room xyz, but to me it just sounds like he is either trying to impress the fora with his magical 'golden ears', or maybe just trying to get some brownie pts. from the Lampi team (or both).

Audioshark

The Pacific DAC will be in my store on Saturday, where I also have the Big 7 and Golden Atlantic. It will be on the $85,000 Magico M3's which I know inside and out. For comparison (should anyone wish), we will have a selection of no less than 10 other DAC's, such as Berk REF2 MQA, Chord DAVE, Ayre QX5 Twenty, Bryston BDA3, Lumin A1, Big 7, Golden Atlantic, Esoteric Grandioso K1, Esoteric K-01x, T+A DAC8 DSD, etc.

This environment should give me a really good idea of its capabilities.

I actually think that his post is a disservice to the excellent Lampi lineup. The company and product hardly needs any hyperbole and this just puts them in the same light as most of the other names out there. Anyone that has heard their amps and especially DAC's know they are different... in a special way.

Audioshark

I don't agree. Ken has excellent ears, has owned and heard dozens of systems and can certainly respond to a question about sonics when asked. Lampi fans were very curious about the sound and Ken spent a lot of time in that room in order to formulate the best OPINION he could.

I certainly trust his ears much more than some of the crap I've read from the show. The B&O room was good? Yes - for an ear bleed.

Too much mob mentality here now to get into it any more than simply stating that there is no way that Ken (or anyone) can make any meaningful comps or comparisons that one piece of equipment (in a system and room that he has never heard before) can or cannot do within the context of that system. There is just no way to extrapolate...too many variables. He even said himself that the speakers were holding the Lampi back. In what way? It's one thing to say the system sounded great, or sounded better than system x in room xyz, but to me it just sounds like he is either trying to impress the fora with his magical 'golden ears', or maybe just trying to get some brownie pts. from the Lampi team (or both).
    If you're interested in doing a direct comparison of the Pacific DAC with the Golden Atlantic and Big 7, you should stop in Mike's store for a listen. However, I highly doubt that you will because I believe your main motivation is to stir things up and take a few cheap shots at me. If that's the best you have, go back to your sandbox, because you are a rank amateur my friend.

Ken

I actually think that his post is a disservice to the excellent Lampi lineup. The company and product hardly needs any hyperbole and this just puts them in the same light as most of the other names out there. Anyone that has heard their amps and especially DAC's know they are different... in a special way.
    No hyperbole. I listened to the Pacific DAC twice over the weekend and it sounded terrific, as most anyone at RMAF that was actually in the room can attest. Hyperbole is not needed, the Pacific DAC sounded outstanding on its own merits. I do not own Lampizator, nor do I have any interest in impressing anyone. I just reported what I heard. End of story.

Ken

If you're interested in doing a direct comparison of the Pacific DAC with the Golden Atlantic and Big 7, you should stop in Mike's store for a listen. However, I highly doubt that you will because I believe your main motivation is to stir things up and take a few cheap shots at me. If that's the best you have, go back to your sandbox, because you are a rank amateur my friend.

Ken
    I don't need to hear the Pacific (again) to know it's better. Why would any reputable company put out to market a new product that has so much technical and innovative merits that sounds like crap? Too much to lose I think. I have no doubts that it sounds better. But by referring to me as a rank amatuer (not even sure what you're referring to) you've only cemented my theory regarding the reason(s) for your post to begin with. "Hi...my name is Ken.....I climb mountains, and I am the reason you all are here". My friend, there was nothing personal intended but if you insist I go back to my sandbox, what else am I to do but stir things up.

No hyperbole. I listened to the Pacific DAC twice over the weekend and it sounded terrific, as most anyone at RMAF that was actually in the room can attest. Hyperbole is not needed, the Pacific DAC sounded outstanding on its own merits. I do not own Lampizator, nor do I have any interest in impressing anyone. I just reported what I heard. End of story.

Ken
    Deleted by admin

Any dude that has an Avatar of presumably himself, climbing the Alps that says he has no interest in impressing anyone is delusional.
    I've been a mountaineer for twenty years and lucky enough to climb on three continents. What's wrong with having an Avatar of myself doing something that I love? Incidentally, the climb is Arete des Cosmiques on Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix, France.

Ken

MPWRZME,

This isn't the Audioshark way. The folks on here are knowledgeable and helpful. Ken is one of those by a wide margin. Spend some time here and get to know folks a little better.

Mike, it would be a good idea to clean up the last few posts to keep the discussion on topic.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

agreed

Audioshark

Done. If there are any others in particular, let me know.

Incidentally, the climb is Arete des Cosmiques on Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix, France.
    Ken
    Amazing place! Just love it! If you are around or planning to do some Swiss alps in Valais give me a note. At least we can do a coffee :-)
    Sorry for off topic!
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Klimt "The Music"
    PowerAmp: Nagra VPA
    PreAmp: Tobian Soundsystems SC12
    DAC: LampizatOr Horizon
    Server: LDMS Maximus Music Server
    CDT: CH Precison D1
    Switch: Edison Creation Silent OCXO Extreme, FiberBox
    Power: LampizatOr Kraftwerk 10
    Cabling: Signal Projects loom

Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post
    Amazing place! Just love it! If you are around or planning to do some Swiss alps in Valais give me a note. At least we can do a coffee :-)
    Sorry for off topic!
    Hi Golum,

I love Valais, so beautiful there! The climbing is terrific too. The next time I'm over in your part of the Swiss Alps, I'll make sure to send you a note!

All the best,
    Ken

Audioshark

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...orida-saturday

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I don't need to hear the Pacific (again) to know it's better. Why would any reputable company put out to market a new product that has so much technical and innovative merits that sounds like crap? Too much to lose I think. I have no doubts that it sounds better. But by referring to me as a rank amatuer (not even sure what you're referring to) you've only cemented my theory regarding the reason(s) for your post to begin with. "Hi...my name is Ken.....I climb mountains, and I am the reason you all are here". My friend, there was nothing personal intended but if you insist I go back to my sandbox, what else am I to do but stir things up.
    If you persist with your attacks and crappy attitude , you will be going bye bye!

Understand?
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Based on the pictures, I can only describe the aesthetics of the new Lampizator Pacific to be drop dead gorgeous...wow!! Does anyone know what or if pricing has been released yet? If not, I'm curious to know the approximate ball park price range for this DAC?

Quote Originally Posted by Audioguru1 View Post
    Based on the pictures, I can only describe the aesthetics of the new Lampizator Pacific to be drop dead gorgeous...wow!! Does anyone know what or if pricing has been released yet? If not, I'm curious to know the approximate ball park price range for this DAC?
    I believe Fred told me at RMAF that MSRP would be 22,000 - 29,000 Euros, depending on the options. I'm sure he will be able to provide more details.

Best,
    Ken

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team