Boenicke W5 SE - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Boenicke W5 SE

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boenicke W5 SE

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass Labs XA25, Audio Research Ref 10 preamp, D'Agostino Momentum M400 monos, McIntosh MCLK12, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier, Bricasti M1SE dac.

2. Likes Joćo Miguel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a good number of folks i know have the w8 version and seem to love them
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs msb s200 . Marantz sa8005, , bel canto fm1 tuner . tannoy eaton legacy 2] velleman 8020 pre , firebottle hybrid monoblocks ,bel canto 3.5 vbs , onkyo sacd, reference fidelity impulse Ta`us horns

Post Thanks / Like

Bet they do! This was totally unexpected, felt in love right at the moment the audition started!
    Pathos Classic One MKIII, Boenicke W5, AURALIC Vega DAC, Synology NAS, SBT for Tidal, Rega RP6/Goldring Elite MC, Clearaudio Basic +, SPK cable Inakustik LS1108, rca, Coax, USB, QED Performance

5. Likes puroagave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Miguel View Post
    Hi Kuopis, did you get the Boenicke W5 speakers...? Boenicke owner here...
    Hi Joao Miguel, I really liked them the first time I heard them, but don’t seem to get myself to replace the Harbeths. I’m still undecided.

But I hope you enjoy your Boenickes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 with Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon with AQ Vodka RJ45/ Brinkmann Nyquist/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC + speaker + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

7. Likes puroagave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    So Rob, what did you end up with instead?

I dumped the Reference 3a last Fall for the Falcon LS3/5a (my 4th pair of /5as!). much better, like an old pair of shoes - in the best sense!
    Rob

9. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    I dumped the Reference 3a last Fall for the Falcon LS3/5a (my 4th pair of /5as!). much better, like an old pair of shoes - in the best sense!
    brilliant , i regularly chat with the designer of those falcons

https://www.facebook.com/FalconLoudspeakers/
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs msb s200 . Marantz sa8005, , bel canto fm1 tuner . tannoy eaton legacy 2] velleman 8020 pre , firebottle hybrid monoblocks ,bel canto 3.5 vbs , onkyo sacd, reference fidelity impulse Ta`us horns

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Hi Joao Miguel, I really liked them the first time I heard them, but don’t seem to get myself to replace the Harbeths. I’m still undecided.

But I hope you enjoy your Boenickes.

I know the felling, had Dynaudio for the last 15 years, Special 25, X12, Focus 160. Recently demo the Special 40 and the New Contour 20, and believe me, it wasn’t easy to turn by back on Dynaudio for the first time ever.... That shows how impressed I was with this puppies when I listen to them for the first time... Like Sven Boenicke say: “Swiss Happiness in a Box”
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pathos Classic One MKIII, Boenicke W5, AURALIC Vega DAC, Synology NAS, SBT for Tidal, Rega RP6/Goldring Elite MC, Clearaudio Basic +, SPK cable Inakustik LS1108, rca, Coax, USB, QED Performance

12. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard the W5’s at AXPONA and was very impressed. They give the Trenner & Friedl Art’s a run for their money. Check out this shootout between the two:
    http://hifiknights.com/reviews/speak...nerfriedl-art/

14. Likes Kuoppis, Joćo Miguel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Heard the W5’s at AXPONA and was very impressed. They give the Trenner & Friedl Art’s a run for their money. Check out this shootout between the two:
    http://hifiknights.com/reviews/speak...nerfriedl-art/
    I must concur with that statement. The Arts sound a bit lean in comparison.

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 with Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon with AQ Vodka RJ45/ Brinkmann Nyquist/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC + speaker + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    I already have read the W5 review but didn’t see this one. Nice reading, thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast