Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Audioshark

Re: New integrated amplifier to drive Magico S3 mk2

Welcome ilkeresmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

By the way , friends asking about int 250 ; i did a demo in our dealers store with S3 mk2's, my thought is : int 250 much likes wilson speakers not for magico , but one think is i also tried 30.8 a class power with my audible illusions pre and can you think that it was better than int 250, more airy and very very refine bass!! i think i can order a 30.8 after ML431, 30.8 is stereo and as you know cheaper model of pass but it doubles 60 watts of pure high quality amperes

Heyy thank you Mike!!!!

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by ilkeresmer View Post
    Heyy thank you Mike!!!!
    Although I don't concur with your findings, I'm glad you're here. I had the XA30.5 and it was woefully underpowered for Magico. A 30 watt amp on a sealed cabinet speaker is a bad idea. As for Pass and Wilson? Guess that's ok. I like the Diablo 300 a lot. I find it's terrific at any volume. It could be a speaker setup/placement/room issue which caused what you heard.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://youtu.be/TkGdo0obzO0 here is my Constellation demo

I also listen 30.5 it doubles in 4 ohms as you know, maybe it s about my room as you told

Audioshark

New integrated amplifier to drive Magico S3 mk2

I also listen 30.5 it doubles in 4 ohms as you know, maybe it s about my room as you told
    I would love to hear what Jim Smith thinks of your room and possible ideas for improvements. You seem to have a lot of absorptive materials, which probably leads to a need for some volume increase. And the coffee table....ugh. But, it is what it is! We have to live with the other half. Just a thought. But overall, very very nice!

I found this pic of the Magico S3 mk2 this past weekend. Nice Constellation rig!

my pre amp has really hign out put db, maybe because of this i loved 30.8

wooooow , seems very very good , i think they drived with Taurus stereo amp which is around inspiration and centuar

Audioshark

my pre amp has really hign out put db, maybe because of this i loved 30.8
    That definitely helps.

A.Wayne will fall over when he reads 30 watts on Magico's. He loves POWER!

By the way , friends asking about int 250 ; i did a demo in our dealers store with S3 mk2's, my thought is : int 250 much likes wilson speakers not for magico , but one think is i also tried 30.8 a class power with my audible illusions pre and can you think that it was better than int 250, more airy and very very refine bass!! i think i can order a 30.8 after ML431, 30.8 is stereo and as you know cheaper model of pass but it doubles 60 watts of pure high quality amperes
    I am using an X250.8 with an Ayre pre with the S3 mk2 and quite like it. But it might be I prefer a slightly different sound characteristic.

I was using the INT-60 with S3 mk1 for a while and it sounded great, but lacked a bit of headroom. So I would concur with Mike the you likely won’t be a happy camper with the XA30.8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

here is the picture when i was testing 30.5 and hovland radia )
    Attached Images Attached Images

and afterlistening an amp like ML431 killer ) i think you re right, at that point i really get lost and i find that form thank you so much for your all considerations ,

That is my friends setup, he bought the amp and pre new, those are pss xs 150 and xs line st. with magico M5's , the sound is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I am using an X250.8 with an Ayre pre with the S3 mk2 and quite like it. But it might be I prefer a slightly different sound characteristic.

I was using the INT-60 with S3 mk1 for a while and it sounded great, but lacked a bit of headroom. So I would concur with Mike the you likely won’t be a happy camper with the XA30.8.

as i know int-60 is also using A class bias for 30watts , but int 250 is all AB am i wrong ?

as i know int-60 is also using A class bias for 30watts , but int 250 is all AB am i wrong ?
    That’s correct about the INT-60, but the INT-250 is Class A until 15W I believe.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

here is the picture when i was testing 30.5 and hovland radia )
    Nice, I see you also have EMM Labs/ Meitner New integrated amplifier to drive Magico S3 mk2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Nice, I see you also have EMM Labs/ Meitner New integrated amplifier to drive Magico S3 mk2.

Yes you re right , xsd1 v2 after listening lector cdp7 emm also comes me an analog sounding reference cd player , ofcourse its not a 4 stuck vivaldi ))

By the way we are all talking about an integrated amp price range, because of that i am talking that range ofcourse Argo is really expensive for an integrated amp as $27K , but Magico is a speaker that responds very good part you added to the system, if you have money you can buy magnum opus cables or Ansuz DTC cables, constellation Altair with Hercules..... Endless speaker , for my ears i am looking for listening laid back big soundstage dynamic sound and airy sound , for now Mark Levinson gives that to me but i know ofcourse thats not the end of the road, you know what , sometimes i am thinking to buy mono new audio frontiers 211se amps but i counldnt dare it ,
    For the price and performance , i think you all right Diablo 300 makes everything, even airy sound with good soundstage!!

But you all must try some pure A class on the magico , really blows!!!!

I also used XA30.8 with S3 mk1 and didn't feel any lack of power. XA30.8 is more powerful than people give it credit for. XA30.5 is another story. It's definitely not as strong as XA30.8 and has softer presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I also used XA30.8 with S3 mk1 and didn't feel any lack of power. XA30.8 is more powerful than people give it credit for. XA30.5 is another story. It's definitely not as strong as XA30.8 and has softer presentation.
    How was the low frequencies ? for example bass response ? for you

How was the low frequencies ? for example bass response ? for you
    Good. But Diablo 300 is better. More dynamic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Kuoppis,

I read your comments in a separate thread on the Boulder integrated. How do you think it performed compared to the Pass INT-60? Probably not a fair comparison as the Boulder has more power. Have you listened to the Pass INT-250 and if so how does the Boulder compare? Should I add it to my shortlist?

Andrew
    Did you try int 250 ?

Did you try int 250 ?
    At this point, I did not. I was using the INT-60 in my system for a while and also partly used it together with my Ayre preamp. As I liked that combination I auditioned and bought an X250.8.

I'm reading on here a lot about Pass Labs INT-60. I had this amp for 2 years, and recently sold it. The reason I did it was following - not enough micro detail, grainy compare to my replacement, soundstage and speaker separation wasn't there(sounded almost mono), dynamics not there. I tried everything for 2 years and never happy.
    I then replaced the Pass Labs INT-60, with Vitus SIA025 MKII. The differences are incredible. The blacks way blacker, resolution, dynamics, audible speaker separation, total non fatiguing. The Vitus SIA-025 MKII is best sounding integrated I've heard. INCREDIBE. Many people use the Vitus SIA-025 MKII to drive there Magico S5 MKII speakers, and are very happy. Therefore, they drive Magico S3 MKII, to more than loud enough volumes. No Problem. Vitus SIA-025 MKII go much louder than there listed numbers. There Class A incredible, and backup, 150 Class A/B doesn't hurt. PASS LABS INT-60 good, but Vitus is WORLD CLASS.
    THANKS. SILTECH

Quote Originally Posted by Siltech View Post
    I'm reading on here a lot about Pass Labs INT-60. I had this amp for 2 years, and recently sold it. The reason I did it was following - not enough micro detail, grainy compare to my replacement, soundstage and speaker separation wasn't there(sounded almost mono), dynamics not there. I tried everything for 2 years and never happy.
    I then replaced the Pass Labs INT-60, with Vitus SIA025 MKII. The differences are incredible. The blacks way blacker, resolution, dynamics, audible speaker separation, total non fatiguing. The Vitus SIA-025 MKII is best sounding integrated I've heard. INCREDIBE. Many people use the Vitus SIA-025 MKII to drive there Magico S5 MKII speakers, and are very happy. Therefore, they drive Magico S3 MKII, to more than loud enough volumes. No Problem. Vitus SIA-025 MKII go much louder than there listed numbers. There Class A incredible, and backup, 150 Class A/B doesn't hurt. PASS LABS INT-60 good, but Vitus is WORLD CLASS.
    THANKS. SILTECH
    Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

NO PLOBLEM

Nicely Said

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Siltech View Post
    Beautiful!

Hi Mike
    Your the Best. Take Care

Looking good. People on the forum also like the Diablo 300 with the S3 mk2s.

Problem with the Pass INT-60 and SIA-025 is that they do not have enough headroom for transients with the Magicos.

I no people on this forum like Gryphon Diablo 300. I own both, Vitus SIA-025 MKII and Gryphon Diablo 300. I disagree, the Vitus sound pretty damn good. I'm not biased, I own both amps. Thanks

You disagree with other people liking the Gryphon?

No Read. I answered your post. I love Gryhon and Vitus. I'll say it Gryhon Diablo 300 is a Class A/B biased amp. All power amps by Gryphon are Class A, except there integrated amp.
    Why, cheaper to make, sell, don't sound good as Class A, and Class A/B Crossover Distortion.
    Enjoy and BYE.

No argument about the benefits of Class A here New integrated amplifier to drive Magico S3 mk2.

The first 15 watts or so from the Diablo 300 will be Class A before it begins to cross over. As to whether or not the Vitus is a good/better choice, much will depend on the room, the type(s) of music and listening levels.

Both great amps.

Wouldn't the Diablo 300 be more suited for S5 MKII, because of Diablo high output power?
    Diablo great for loudness.

I have not heard the Vitus (no dealer within hundreds of miles), but from all reports it's a terrific piece.

Both the Vitus SIA-25 and SS-101 integrateds are a teriffic match with the Magicos.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

An update: I home auditioned the Diablo 300 today. I did a track by track comparison with my Devialet and by the third track only I had made up mind. I then blind tested both amps with 5 tracks and the difference was clear: I had a 100% success rate picking the two amplifiers. Gryphon won hands-down. Warmer, richer, fuller, more musical, and a bigger and deeper soundstage. And that was straight out of the box! Still struggle with the aesthetic (it is no D’Agostino Momentum Integrated), but I can live with that and even take some perverse pleasure out of it!

Just need to buy a DAC/streamer now. Have decided to go for a temporary solution and wait until I build up a new war chest in 12 months time and then buy something worthy. Will also upgrade cables and power then.

And maybe an S-sub at some point But for now and the immediate future, am VERY happy!

An update: I home auditioned the Diablo 300 today. I did a track by track comparison with my Devialet and by the third track only I had made up mind. I then blind tested both amps with 5 tracks and the difference was clear: I had a 100% success rate picking the two amplifiers. Gryphon won hands-down. Warmer, richer, fuller, more musical, and a bigger and deeper soundstage. And that was straight out of the box! Still struggle with the aesthetic (it is no D’Agostino Momentum Integrated), but I can live with that and even take some perverse pleasure out of it!

Just need to buy a DAC/streamer now. Have decided to go for a temporary solution and wait until I build up a new war chest in 12 months time and then buy something worthy. Will also upgrade cables and power then.
    Congrats Andrew. Looks like I will need to make a trip to our dealer for the home loan with my Vivid Giyas

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Congrats Andrew. Looks like I will need to make a trip to our dealer for the home loan with my Vivid Giyas
    Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. With those speakers, I am confident you will have perpetual ‘holy s#*+’ moments!

Andrew, congrats on a Diablo 300. I got one several weeks ago and I love it. Mine is still below 100 hours and opening up nicely. Mike from Sun coast (he helped me a lot to get Diablo 300) saying it needs at least 150 hours to sound to its full potential. I'm also planning to find a better frond end (currently own esoteric k-05x).
    leaning towards esoteric K-01x, also may consider Vitus SCD-025.
    What cables (speaker, power, ICs) are you using with Diablo 300? I currently have full loom (with exception of ICs) of Shunyata Sigma cables.
    Thanks.

Hi. Thanks! I am currently using very cheap speaker cables and no power solution. So it can only get better

My friend just bought a Diablo and is using an Esoteric K-05x. He is thinking about a new DAC and streamer solution. Is it possible to use a streamer (eg an Aurender N100) with the K-05x?

You got to upgrade cables when it will be possible to get the best out of diablo. Yes its very possible to use Aurender 100H via esoteric digital input.

Congrats Andrew! The Gryphon is a superb choice, great amp. I’m sure the synergy with the Magicos will be great.

Not surprised about the clarity of outcome comparing the Gryphon vs. Devialet.

I wish you a lots of pleasure with your new setup.

The internal DAC in the Diablo is quite good and a great value. I was very skeptical and didn't order it at first but went ahead and got it after the great things that Mike said about it. I'm really glad I did. It's great!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team