Behold the Klipsch Forte III speakers - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Behold the Klipsch Forte III speakers

Rob,

That's awesome. I enjoyed a pair of Cornwall III's and I'm sure the Forte III are wonderful. I'm looking forward to your decision and more comparisons.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

3. Thanks CGabriel thanked for this post
    Likes tube-vds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What Kevvy doesn't do is actually play them in his vid, i think the finish is what architectural people refer to as 'pickled' oak. Whoever is in charge of Klipsch nowadays 'gets it' they managed to strike a chord with the retro crowd yet they brought their speaker range up to date and are 'modern sounding' for lack of a better descriptor. I def like what I heard/saw.
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Behold the Klipsch Forte III speakers

https://youtu.be/1JkoGteWDm8

Iíve started to get very interested in these.

6. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Add a sweet solid state or good tube amp and I’m sure it’s going to be awesome.
    Joe

8. Likes kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Add a sweet solid state or good tube amp and Iím sure itís going to be awesome.
    Wondering if theyíd also work well with Gryphon Diablo 300.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t heard the Diablo but think it could be great as well.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would give a bit of an update. Almost a year in and Iím still enamored with these speakers. Iíve had several quite different amplifiers on them and they have each given an unfailingly musical result. Iím playing with 7Ē stands for them now which is fun. There is definitely some improvement in the mids with them raised and a bit of a trade off in the bass at the moment, but again they are just fun and engaging to listen to regardless. Their shortcomings just donít seem to hinder my enjoyment of them. Just thought Iíd share! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Coda CSiB > Klipsch Forte III/JL Audio E110(x2)

12. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nile49 View Post
    Just thought I would give a bit of an update. Almost a year in and I’m still enamored with these speakers. I’ve had several quite different amplifiers on them and they have each given an unfailingly musical result. I’m playing with 7” stands for them now which is fun. There is definitely some improvement in the mids with them raised and a bit of a trade off in the bass at the moment, but again they are just fun and engaging to listen to regardless. Their shortcomings just don’t seem to hinder my enjoyment of them. Just thought I’d share! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the price, what shortcomings? you're being modest These are great speakers anywhere near 5K+ for anyone that doubts that, schlepp your amp and LPs/USB stick to a Klipsch dealer for a listen. I'm thinking of reasons NOT to buy them. For the person with a Shindo amp or if you're looking at Harbeth and own a punny <30 WPC tube amp, you should hear Forte IIIs. Even if your amp is SS and makes 500 WPC you should still hear them.
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Rob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast