Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

looking at pass labs.

I first posted in "amps" and then decided to come to this Pass forum.

in brief: after I find better speakers, I am considering Pass Labs. currently, room is just 13 by 13 feet with 10 foot ceiling. bowers and wilkins CM6 S2 speakers, lovely Triode tube integrated amp, 50 watts/channel of class A power. great amp! oppo 105 CD player, two REL subs. I first am struggling to find speakers that sound BETTER, not LOUDER than my B&W. I cannot afford $20,000 speakers!!!! speakers are 88dB sensitive, PLENTY loud enough. they sound pretty bright, too much treble to me. the subs helped a LOT. mostly listening to full orchestra classical music, not deafening loud. they do have lots of detail.

I am just learning about Nelson Pass, interesting character! a true original thinker- not too many of those around.

so, basic dumb question, without breaking the bank, can you Pass experts suggest some integrated or preamp and power amp Pass Labs for me to consider.

I THINK the int 60 would really fit my needs, and budget. would it sound different than my tube amp???????????????

what about first watt? any of you have that product? what efficiency speaker might I need for those?

I would appreciate any and all advice, I will not be offended.

I think Pass Labs is very interesting!!

thanks and have a great day! bob
    stereo: integrated amp: Triode TRX 88pp with KT 88 tubes. oppo 105 CD player, Schiit yggdrasil DAC, Harbeth 30.2 speakers., two REL T/5 subwoofers.

Audioshark

Re: looking at pass labs.

The Pass INT-60 is a great way to go. In your room, it should drive most speakers. An INT-60 with a pair of ELAC 61's would be a great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I think you should select your speakers first - before shopping for a best fit amp. Advertised speaker specs don't always tell the whole story depending on how measured, your room, your music, and how loud you like to listen.

Pass amps are excellent, and the Int-60 may turn out to be a great fit for you, but first things first. Based on your too bright comment, I'd suggest you take a listen to Aerial 7Ts (or maybe 6Ts) if you can find a dealer.

I agree with the speakers first suggestion. A friend on mine was between b&w and KEF and selected kef over bowers. We had both speakers in the same room connected to the same electronics.

kef was a much higher resolution speaker over the similar priced bowers. Kef makes a wide variety of ranges in various price points but the reference series is truly special.

thanks guys! I absolutely will get speakers first!
    stereo: integrated amp: Triode TRX 88pp with KT 88 tubes. oppo 105 CD player, Schiit yggdrasil DAC, Harbeth 30.2 speakers., two REL T/5 subwoofers.

Be very careful Bob, the rabbit hole is "deep"!

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    I agree with the speakers first suggestion. A friend on mine was between b&w and KEF and selected kef over bowers. We had both speakers in the same room connected to the same electronics.

kef was a much higher resolution speaker over the similar priced bowers. Kef makes a wide variety of ranges in various price points but the reference series is truly special.
    I found the same thing when I was looking at B&W vs Kef. Bowers have a little more bottom end, but lack the clarity in the upper range. B&W was more warm/smooth sounding in the upper range. Kef is crisp and clean. I ended up with Kef Reference 5s powered my Bryston 28b3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

looking at pass labs.