Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier/Headphone Amplifier ... - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier/Headphone Amplifier ...

I have the Linear tube audio MicroZOTL2 preamp at home now. I bought it with the linear power supply option. This is an absolutely phenomenal thing. It replaced a $16k Audio Note M6 preamp. I have absolutely no regrets I sold the AN. This LTA preamp is better than the AN in many areas already. The AN might have a little more tonal saturation and holographic quality but after listening to LTA preamp I find the AN to be colored and voiced in many ways. I have also tried it as an integrated amp with my 93db Tannoys. While one should not expect a lot from 1 watt, it actually drove the Tannoys without clipping. Just that it did not have the dynamics and power of music that a good 20 watt amp would have with my speakers. But then it's speed, timing, tonal purity and overall neutrality is something that I have seldom heard. That's why when it plays as an amp the music is very enjoyable and one would be totally drawn into the music than analyzing it. I don't think I will need another preamp for a long long time regardless of the power amp used. Unless of course if Berning/LTA comes with an even better preamp later. Here is a review of this masterpiece where it is compared with a $30k Wavac EC-300B and Pass xa30.8.

http://theaudiobeatnik.com/index.php...erence-system/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @joeinid for promoting it so well

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that you love it. Mine is outstanding in my system. It was recommended to me by someone that I trust very much and he was 100% correct. It was easy to recommend. Thank you for posting your thoughts above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pani View Post
    Thanks @joeinid for promoting it so well
    Joe

McIntosh MCLK12, McIntosh MC303, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way I also had the Lamm LL2, Shindo Masseto and Auriges at home and none of them is in anyway clearly better than the LTA preamp.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pani View Post
    By the way I also had the Lamm LL2, Shindo Masseto and Auriges at home and none of them is in anyway clearly better than the LTA preamp.
    Joe

McIntosh MCLK12, McIntosh MC303, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8