Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier/Headphone Amplifier ... - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier/Headphone Amplifier ...

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    LTA will build you one with two outputs if you're happy to lose the speaker outputs.
    Now that is an idea. If funds become available (Audio Research amp sells) I might just do that. I hooked up the ARC last night... nice amp, especially with the Gold Lion tubes, but I think I like the convenience of the Goldmund for my use a little better.... plus, I totally blame Joe, but I got to keep trying different stuff ....

The new sub has some speaker wire plug thing (I have not seen it yet so unclear how it works), but it looks rather hooky. I looks like an after thought. I think their subs are really meant to be line level inputs.
    Audio Research LS17 SE | Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2v2 SE | PS Audio S300 | KEF R700
    KEF R400b | MrSpeakers Ether | Bryston BHA-1 | Oppo BDP-105 | McIntosh MR85

Post Thanks / Like

Randy

The speaker level inputs work no different than the line level ones. If the method was a "hooky afterthought" companies like REL and Vandersteen would not have been doing it for decades. It doesn't need or require the level of cables you use on your Main speakers. The cable many companies ship for that use is nothing more than basic Monster cable used by HT installers. I have just used whatever spares I had around.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

I am referring to what is shown in the KEF manual, not speaker level in general. I know companies like REL prefer speaker level .... I have not seen the setup with the KEF yet (the sub has not arrived yet and I am waiting but do not know when it is coming ). All I was referring to is the speaker level connection shown in the KEF manual looks very hooky...

Post Thanks / Like

Randy

I agree with you about the KEF issue as from looking at the photo's and their less than helpful manual it is hard to tell if those are pin connectors or just flush mount banana jacks. Either is doable though.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, great speakers but kind of useless manuals....

I think the best choice is if they will build one with two outputs... that would make it into a true pre-amp and really solve my issue (accept coming up with the funds )

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10