Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Vandersteen 5a and devialet

Dear all, is any of you familiar with coupling devialet and vandersteen 5a? I accidently purchased a pair of 5a and my current integrated does not have high pass in it. I have looked at devialet and the high pass can be programmed in it. Have any of you experienced this combo? Any ideas?

kind regards
    alex

Audioshark

Re: Vandersteen 5a and devialet

Why not just purchase the high pass filters from Vandersteen?

P.S. How did you "accidentally" purchase Vandersteen speakers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike we are in russia things are not as logic here i just got it from a friend for an excelent price. The thing is i have the high pass that came along with the speakers. The problem is my integrated t+a pa3000hv does not have a loop between pre and the amp where it should be put in. Richard says the high pass should be between pre and amp. I have no chance of using my integrated with the 5a. Now devialet has possibility to program -3 at 100 as required by Richard. Also from november they put in a streamer board in devialet, so i can really have 1 box solution and sell my lumin as well.

As Mike said, it is best to buy the Vandersteen high pass filter to get the proper crossover slope. The Aesthetix Atlas stereo amplifier also has the high pass filter built in. A separate preamp is the best way to go.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I agree with Alpinist, but one other option to consider is the following if you have (or can get) the M5-HP filters. Try the following: Source>Vandersteen HP>Integrated Amp>Vandersteen Speakers. This may work as a short-term fix. I did this for a couple weeks after I bought Vandersteen speakers because my power amplifier was out being repaired. The local Vandersteen dealer let me borrow a good integrated amp.

Thus if you have M5-HP and set the correct impedance, you may be able to use your integrated. Ask a Russian Vandersteen dealer and/or try contacting Vandersteen in the USA (on California time).

Best,
    Duke

If the Devialet will in fact let you HP it's amp at 100 hz it will certainly work though I doubt you are going to find anyone that has tried that combo. It is the same thing ctsooner is doing with the Ayre integrated when he had them put the bypass caps in the integrated per Vandersteen's instructions. You could do the same thing with your current integrated if Vandersteen will tell you the appropriate parts required and you can find a tech to do the work.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Thank you guys,
    Duke i have h5-hp and as you propose i used it from the streamer to the integrated. It is not clear for me if this is ok, according to Richard he (answered me in his chat on the website) it must be placed between pre and amp or one can damage the woofers. If i place h5ph befere the pre of the integrated, then my risk of damage is gone?
    why devialet is so appealing , they developed the expert pro series and soon will add even a streamer. I have looked at SAM vandies are not there yet, however one can program the amp for high pass of any specifications. I have heard devialet with Viena acustics and i like it. I dont know if it can be a match to vandies. I still did not set them up properly, as we do not have qualified dealers or people in here who knows how to set up vandis. Vandies are a rear thing in this country, so i hoped maybe someone tried devialet and 5a globaly. But thank you all for the input

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Vandersteen 5a and devialet