Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

New Magico color selector

A nice addition to the Magico website. Will be great once they have it for all the speakers.

http://magico.net/product/s3mkii.php
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: New Magico color selector

Is this just a coincidence that I'm trying to decide on a S3 Mk2 color Mike or just the extra mile Magico goes to send subliminal messages?
    Larry
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

They have the color selector for all of the Mk II S models - a nice touch. But IMO the blue and bronze M Cast colors are not accurate - too saturated. Also, on the S3 Mk II M Cast models they show a black base/outrigger plate where it should be the color selected.

That is a great addition. Trying to find the colors before was a PITA. Not sure if I like having the baffle the same color as the rest of the speaker. I like the contrast of the black baffle with the rest of the speaker on the S5. Now if they would put the SPODs on the web I would appreciate that. I hate talking about them, but can't provide a link.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Is this just a coincidence that I'm trying to decide on a S3 Mk2 color Mike or just the extra mile Magico goes to send subliminal messages?
    Larry
    FYI, the bronze looks better in real life than in the tool. It's darker.

And if you are willing to fork out 3K more for a paint job I think Mike's M Coat color (Titanium) looks very nice.

You'll love the mk2s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Agree with Kuoppis. I only know the bronze and the actual colour is nothing what the website shows. Not even close. Hopefully Magico fix it as it is very misleading.

I agree that some of the colors on the website are not very accurate. I am at home choosing the M-CAST color for a pair of S5 MKII to be delivered next year. I have narrowed my choices down to black, pewter or bronze. It is difficult to imagine what the speaker will look like in a given color from a 3x3 sample. This exercise is like choosing paint color from a swatch, but much more difficult to change after the choice is made.

My Mcast Pewter is really like almost black....depending on the room light. I borrowed sample chips from a certain dealer and all the Mcast colors are extremely dark with the exception of the silver. I like black for speakers and the Pewter just gives the drivers just enough contrast with the speaker cab. I had Mcast black before with my S1mk2. The Mcoat choices are much lighter and colors are more intense and saturated. That being said my favorite is the Titanium Mcoat but the extra dollars and the wooden crates they come in were deciding factors for Mcast. The wood crate breaks down for storage but condo space constraints ruled them out.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Hi John, here’s a picture of my S3 mk2s in bronze, I hope it helps.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks. I am leaning towards black since it will pretty much disappear into the room decor (off white walls, white marble fireplace, oak flooring).

Thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by john1970 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks. I am leaning towards black since it will pretty much disappear into the room decor (off white walls, white marble fireplace, oak flooring).

Thanks,

John
    So I went with the MCast Bronze. Really is a beautiful, especially when the light hits the speaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great choice, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Great choice, I like it.

It really is stunning.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Marck1973 View Post
    So I went with the MCast Bronze. Really is a beautiful, especially when the light hits the speaker

Beautiful color!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Beautiful color!
    What can’t be seen that well in the photo is how the colour sparkles when the sun shines on the speaker. It is kind of glittery. Really stands out.

Also love the M-Cast Bronze. Was a very close shoot-out for me between that and the M-Cast Pewter. Decision was made easy as I bought the demo which was in M-Cast Bronze. I found the black a little too ordinary for my taste.

Not very original but I am going with black. On the black cabinet I like how the sides and top match the finish on the front of the speaker.

Just realized you are buying the S5 mk2s which do not seem to come in a single colour unlike the S3 mk2s. If I had bought the S5 mk2s I would probably also have gone with all black. Hard to go wrong with black in almost all cases!

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    Just realized you are buying the S5 mk2s which do not seem to come in a single colour unlike the S3 mk2s. If I had bought the S5 mk2s I would probably also have gone with all black. Hard to go wrong with black in almost all cases!
    Definitely going all black. I listened to both S3 MKII and S5 MKII. Initially I thought the S3 MKII were the deal because of the all graphene drivers. However, just for the heck of it I had the dealer bring in the pair of S5 MKII for comparison. With my ears, the S5MKII had much improved bass response and the pitch and definition of the bass was significantly better than the S3 MKII. The treble and midrange was identical on both speakers. Needless to say, since this is a long-term purchase I went with the S5 MKIIs given the incremental cost. S7s were out of the question due to size.

John

This the best representation of the actual color of Mcast Pewter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Definitely going all black. I listened to both S3 MKII and S5 MKII. Initially I thought the S3 MKII were the deal because of the all graphene drivers. However, just for the heck of it I had the dealer bring in the pair of S5 MKII for comparison. With my ears, the S5MKII had much improved bass response and the pitch and definition of the bass was significantly better than the S3 MKII. The treble and midrange was identical on both speakers. Needless to say, since this is a long-term purchase I went with the S5 MKIIs given the incremental cost. S7s were out of the question due to size.

John
    John - how big is your listening room? Awesome speakers.

Stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    This the best representation of the actual color of Mcast Pewter
    Love ‘em great choice!

John
    Congrats on your decision, the S5 mk2 are great speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    John - how big is your listening room? Awesome speakers.
    The room is 25' x 12' x 8'. The S7 definitely would have been too much and they were out of my price range. My current speakers are B&W 802Ds. I've had the B&W for many years, but found their bass a bit heavy and treble a bit too bright. Comparison of the anechonic response from Stereophile show the S5 MKII with about 3-4 dB less bass gain around 50-60 Hz than my current speakers. Aso the Magico is flat at 10 Hz while the B&W is +3 dB at this particular frequency. Enough with measurements, during auditions I found the acoustic suspension bass from the Magico's extremely well defined and don't expect it to load a room like a reflex speaker. The treble and midrange had very good definition without being bright. Overall, I consider the Magico S5 MKII speaker a long-term (15-20 year) purchase.

Overall, I consider the Magico S5 MKII speaker a long-term (15-20 year) purchase.
    I hope they last that long. One thing in the back of my mind was driver longevity. These are all new drivers and material with no long term history. I guess we will all find out.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I hope they last that long. One thing in the back of my mind was driver longevity. These are all new drivers and material with no long term history. I guess we will all find out.
    I suspect they will last at least a decade (and hopefully two). I don't drive my speakers loud; normal listening is 85-90 dB. Be tweeters, carbon fiber -based midranges, and Al woofers have been around a while.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team