KEF Blade 2 - color help! - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: KEF Blade 2 - color help!

So Mike, do tell... what do you think?
    Electronics: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, DAC-2v2SE, Recovery, Remedy Amplifier Rotation: Quicksilver Silver 88 Mono's | ARC VT50 | First Watt F6
    Speakers/Headphones: KEF R700, Kube,
    M500 | Sennheiser HD800S | Woo Audio WA6
    Sources: Roon Headless Server & Roon Tablet Controller | Marantz SA8005
    | McIntosh MR85 w/Magnum Dynalab ST-2
    Cables: Richard Gray | Wireworld | Audioquest | Tributaries | Kimber Kable | Wyred 4 Sound
    Power: Furman Elite 15i | iFi iPower | PS Audio Noise Harvesters

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    So Mike, do tell... what do you think?
    They are absolutely wonderful speakers. I set them up with ARC and loved the KEF + ARC synergy (but you already know this!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Crystal Cable, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Tellurium Q Cables, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

3. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome... Yea, they work well with the ARC. I sent the one Quicksilver off to Mike yesterday. Can't wait to get that back. Talk about synergy... I think KEF just love tubes ...
    Electronics: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, DAC-2v2SE, Recovery, Remedy Amplifier Rotation: Quicksilver Silver 88 Mono's | ARC VT50 | First Watt F6
    Cables: Richard Gray | Wireworld | Audioquest | Tributaries | Kimber Kable | Wyred 4 Sound

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the KEF's love the Quicksilver now that I have both working good!

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I tried the Ayre VX-5 Twenty amp with the ARC LS28 on the Blade 2's. What a great combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Crystal Cable, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Tellurium Q Cables, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good tube preamp and good SS amp, hard to go wrong with that combination with components of that level. Mike are you going to try a pair of Ref 5's?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, Aqua La Voce S2 or Musical Paradise MP-D2, PS Audio BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Blue Circle PLC FX-2 with BC-62 PC, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo 83SE, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Oppo Sonica, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) ACI Force XL's, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

KEF Blade 2 - color help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Good tube preamp and good SS amp, hard to go wrong with that combination with components of that level. Mike are you going to try a pair of Ref 5's?
    At this time, I don't think so. The LS50 Wireless and the Blade 2's are really the products I wanted to bring in because they are not only excellent, but different and unique. But who knows? I need to give the REF5's another listen for sure.

I replaced Focal with KEF in the store.

www.suncoastaudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Ref 5's would be too big for my room... but the Ref 3's .... would love to get the Blade 2's in there... now that would be sweet...congratz again Mike... hope they drive lots of KEF sales for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful looking and Beautiful sounding
    Main System:Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,Kef Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mcintosh MT 5 TT, Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
    ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, SolidTech "Rack of Silence"Reference 4 Audio Stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The LS50 Wireless and the Blade 2's are really the products I wanted to bring in because they are not only excellent, but different and unique.
    Mike how would you rate LS50 Wireless for second system and just for easy listening. Some sub needed or not?

Thanks in advance!
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt;
    PowerAmp + Preamp: ARC Ref75; ARC REF6;
    Source: DAC - Acoustic Invader; Streamer - Auralic Aries; CD player - Copland CDP289
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), Kimber LS, WireWorld, Siltech
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast