DACs with texture - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DACs with texture

The difference between Atlantic and GG is big. GG has much more resolution, separation, dynamics than the Atlantic. And the better tubes had even more texture and more of everything. There is a reason Atlantic is half the price, which is fine if one is listening to simple music.

Lampi will launch something that will make GG look like a pint sized dwarf soon. Mike has the launch event.

Quote Originally Posted by pweg View Post
    thx Caelin and Nikhil.

i had an Atlantic (?) dac in my system for a demo. The texture was great but overall not quite as resolving as i am used to u. Soundstage was deeper and more layered too. I assume it would step up with the Golden Gate?

also, which Total Dac? I just checked their website. There sure are a lot of models, covering a wide price point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pweg View Post
    thx Caelin and Nikhil.

i had an Atlantic (?) dac in my system for a demo. The texture was great but overall not quite as resolving as i am used to u. Soundstage was deeper and more layered too. I assume it would step up with the Golden Gate?

also, which Total Dac? I just checked their website. There sure are a lot of models, covering a wide price point.
    http://www.audioshark.org/manufactur...dio-12580.html
    NORMAN
    M-Mini/ i7PC/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG Dac> Rowen Swiss Power NAD c375BEE /vintage McIntosh 2225/Lampi Silk power cond.+ Phase flipper> Energy 8" sub> Heil AMT KITHARA bi-wire. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. Unpowered USB cable, Uptone Regen. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    The difference between Atlantic and GG is big. GG has much more resolution, separation, dynamics than the Atlantic. And the better tubes had even more texture and more of everything. There is a reason Atlantic is half the price, which is fine if one is listening to simple music.

Lampi will launch something that will make GG look like a pint sized dwarf soon. Mike has the launch event.
    MSB has already done that.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    MSB has already done that.
    Could be, but at at least 4 times the proposed price of Pacific!

My buddy AL has a MSB Platinum and B& upgraded to GG standard. He heard and loved the Select 2. He recently changed his DHT tubes to EML mesh 2a3. Before he thought the GG was better than the Platinum, now they are in different zip codes. Moral is, there is more juice to extract from the GG...much more. Its the gift that keeps on giving.
    NORMAN
    M-Mini/ i7PC/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG Dac> Rowen Swiss Power NAD c375BEE /vintage McIntosh 2225/Lampi Silk power cond.+ Phase flipper> Energy 8" sub> Heil AMT KITHARA bi-wire. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. Unpowered USB cable, Uptone Regen. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an MSB dac in my system once. Didn't like it.

it was too detailed, too fast and just not musical - in my system. So no interest from me on a 4 box MSB stack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post

My buddy AL has a MSB Platinum and B& upgraded to GG standard. He heard and loved the Select 2. He recently changed his DHT tubes to EML mesh 2a3. Before he thought the GG was better than the Platinum, now they are in different zip codes. Moral is, there is more juice to extract from the GG...much more. Its the gift that keeps on giving.

I would ignore jap. He got banned from wbf because he always posted to foment trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Do you mean physically size wise, or sound wise?

Can't wait to hear more abut the Pacific.... although, I'm starting to get a little bit tired about the visible and exposed tubes and is almost considering other options...
    Software: Roon & HQPlayer, Streamer: Sonore microRendu, UpTone ISO Regen, DAC: LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, Preamp: Music First Baby Classic v2, Amp: Job 250 Monoblocks Speakers: PMC Fact.8, Cables & Power: Ansuz D-TC, Diamond & Ceramic + Mainz 8D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    Do you mean physically size wise, or sound wise?

Can't wait to hear more abut the Pacific.... although, I'm starting to get a little bit tired about the visible and exposed tubes and is almost considering other options...
    Both. It it will look like a class A mono block. Not liking an exposed tube is a personal thing, can't comment

9. Thanks VoicesInMyHead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post

If that's a dac IV, not exactly apples and oranges.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ 47 Labs MC Bee cart, MSB Analog DAC --> Music First Baby Reference v2 --> Audio Research Ref 75SE --> DeVore Fidelity Gibbon X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    If that's a dac IV, not exactly apples and oranges.
    He was talking about the Select 2.
    NORMAN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast