Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Audioshark

Pass X350.8 In The House!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    I totally disagree, I have the X260.8's driving my Revel Studio II's and if anything they are less 'sterile' than the 350.8 IMO.

Remember this, the 260.8 amps are biased into Class A operation further than any of the other Pass A/B amps with the exception of the big '600'
    This was coming from Pass. Every time I ask them about the 260.8's, they refer me to the 350.8 instead.

The 260.8's are superb I'm sure and my next Pass amps will be monos - 260.8 or 600.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

Re: Pass X350.8 In The House!

I was wondering about those amps. Wow! Glad you love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    I totally disagree, I have the X260.8's driving my Revel Studio II's and if anything they are less 'sterile' than the 350.8 IMO.

Remember this, the 260.8 amps are biased into Class A operation further than any of the other Pass A/B amps with the exception of the big '600'
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    I've recently acquired this amazing amp from Mike.

Damn him!!!

He shipped it to me to demo and compare to my incredible Hegel H30.

While both are amazing amps and each one has it's strengths, the Pass has better synergy in my system.

I will get into more detail when I get back from vacation.

But I will say that this is the first amp I've preferred to the H30, which is world class!
    Congratulations Mark. So very happy for you and am glad you're enjoying it so! Enjoy your vacation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just listened to the X350.8 with the Audio Research Ref 6 pre amp and Sonus Faber Il Cremonese Wow, wow, wow. Amazingly sweet and musical but still detailed and fully controlled sound. I went in hoping to audition the INT-250 but they had just sold their demo. Has now got me thinking that I should try the X350.8 (or even X250.8) and Ref 6 combo with my Magico S3 mk2s. And then compare that to the Gryphon Diablo 300. A big price difference between the two systems and maybe I don’t need all the power that the X350.8 provides, and my general preference is an integrated. Will still be a very interesting comparison. Will let everyone know how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    I just listened to the X350.8 with the Audio Research Ref 6 pre amp and Sonus Faber Il Cremonese Wow, wow, wow. Amazingly sweet and musical but still detailed and fully controlled sound. I went in hoping to audition the INT-250 but they had just sold their demo. Has now got me thinking that I should try the X350.8 (or even X250.8) and Ref 6 combo with my Magico S3 mk2s. And then compare that to the Gryphon Diablo 300. A big price difference between the two systems and maybe I don’t need all the power that the X350.8 provides, and my general preference is an integrated. Will still be a very interesting comparison. Will let everyone know how I get on.
    Great setup. I bet it was nice.

I also had the opportunity to audition the X250.8 yesterday. I understand it is a little sweeter compared to the X350.8, not giving much away in that respect to the XA60.8 monos.

I would be interested in your impressions if you have a chance to audition either one with the S3 mk2s. My demo was yesterday with older S5 mk1s and it is just amazing how huge the difference to the S3 mk2 is: I just heard tweeters, midrange and woofers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Travis - I will be very interested to see how it compares to the Gryphon too. I should have my Gryphon gear in September. The only new Gryphon gear in the U.S. is with the distributor as he needed to get things in and breaking in for RMAF.

Mike - pulling up an earlier question. Would love to hear your take given how much you love the Diablo 300.

Cost differential in Singapore is a little less than double (ie the X350.8 plus the Ref 6 costs almost double the Diablo 300). So the former would have to be WAY better than the latter to justify.

I'm using the 350.8 with the Magico S3mk2 and I have to say some recent changes in my system as well as the speakers starting to break in (@ 500+hrs) that my respect for this speaker/amp combo has grown immensely. Like certain gear out there that evinces almost unlimited capability to get better and better the more you improve your system and care and feeding setup this combo is virtually unlimited in its capacity to amaze. I do feed them direct from a Bricasti M1SE DAC and just don't feel the need to have any preamp in the mix getting in the way with this combo - and I'm a huge tube guy. It's stunningly resolving across all the major audiophile superlatives. Adding dedicated lines, PC's and source upgrades are all clearly audible and obvious but always musical. I hear a huge, detailed, deep tight powerful soundstage in my room (although I do have to play around with REW some more to optimize the Magico's placement for a flatter FR in room). I did hear a friend's Pass Integrated with Magico S's and felt that was underpowered. He upgraded to the 350.8 and his S1s entered into a completely different league. When I upgraded to the 350.8 I thought the amp was a little slow and dark at first but it was actually my front end computer audio setup and PCs. After a front end improvement it's quite apparent that the PASS 350.8 is a chameleon and a great match for the S3Mk2 that can give the eerie sense of musicians in the room creating music right in front of you, not some high-end sound reproduction system. This is rare and I've only heard this a couple of times in 40 years of this hobby and it's quite strange when you do hear it for the first time, but then you simply CANNOT get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by owldiscourse View Post
    I'm using the 350.8 with the Magico S3mk2 and I have to say some recent changes in my system as well as the speakers starting to break in (@ 500+hrs) that my respect for this speaker/amp combo has grown immensely. Like certain gear out there that evinces almost unlimited capability to get better and better the more you improve your system and care and feeding setup this combo is virtually unlimited in its capacity to amaze. I do feed them direct from a Bricasti M1SE DAC and just don't feel the need to have any preamp in the mix getting in the way with this combo - and I'm a huge tube guy. It's stunningly resolving across all the major audiophile superlatives. Adding dedicated lines, PC's and source upgrades are all clearly audible and obvious but always musical. I hear a huge, detailed, deep tight powerful soundstage in my room (although I do have to play around with REW some more to optimize the Magico's placement for a flatter FR in room). I did hear a friend's Pass Integrated with Magico S's and felt that was underpowered. He upgraded to the 350.8 and his S1s entered into a completely different league. When I upgraded to the 350.8 I thought the amp was a little slow and dark at first but it was actually my front end computer audio setup and PCs. After a front end improvement it's quite apparent that the PASS 350.8 is a chameleon and a great match for the S3Mk2 that can give the eerie sense of musicians in the room creating music right in front of you, not some high-end sound reproduction system. This is rare and I've only heard this a couple of times in 40 years of this hobby and it's quite strange when you do hear it for the first time, but then you simply CANNOT get enough!
    Awesome post.

It did occur to me that I could reduce the all-in cost by ditching the pre-amp and instead buy a single box DAC+streamer+pre-amp (I am an all-digital guy).

My Pass Labs dealer has Aurender but (under cross examination!) recommended an outboard DAC + Aurender N10 as he thought the DAC in the A10 is merely “ok”.

At the moment, my first choice is Gryphon Diablo 300 + Diablo DAC + Lumin U1 or Aurender N10. If I could find a single box DAC+streamer+pre-amp for about US$12k, then the X350.8 becomes viable for me as that system would be price competitive with a Diablo 300 + Diablo 300 DAC + Lumin/Aurender streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by owldiscourse View Post
    I did hear a friend's Pass Integrated with Magico S's and felt that was underpowered. He upgraded to the 350.8 and his S1s entered into a completely different league.
    What was the integrated that was underpowered? 60 or 250?

Awesome post.

It did occur to me that I could reduce the all-in cost by ditching the pre-amp and instead buy a single box DAC+streamer+pre-amp (I am an all-digital guy).

My Pass Labs dealer has Aurender but (under cross examination!) recommended an outboard DAC + Aurender N10 as he thought the DAC in the A10 is merely “ok”.

At the moment, my first choice is Gryphon Diablo 300 + Diablo DAC + Lumin U1 or Aurender N10. If I could find a single box DAC+streamer+pre-amp for about US$12k, then the X350.8 becomes viable for me as that system would be price competitive with a Diablo 300 + Diablo 300 DAC + Lumin/Aurender streamer.
    If I had that budget I'd consider the Bricasti M12 streaming DAC/ 1 analog input Pre for its native DSD and superlative analog and digital volume control. I'd upgrade from the M1SE if I had the budget myself but have blown my wad, LOL. If you don't need the analog input then the M1SE is killer for the money especially with the Ethernet streamer card option. That being said I've been out of audio for some time focusing on high end HT so I have not heard all the latest SOTA digital like (which is rare to see in the U.S.) but know of some that prefer the M1SE to the Berkely Alpha DAC and put it up there with just about anything including the big DCS stacks.The M12 is a step up from M1. When you consider the price to me it is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    I've recently acquired this amazing amp from Mike.

Damn him!!!

He shipped it to me to demo and compare to my incredible Hegel H30.

While both are amazing amps and each one has it's strengths, the Pass has better synergy in my system.

I will get into more detail when I get back from vacation.

But I will say that this is the first amp I've preferred to the H30, which is world class!
    I looked for info about the X260.8 and X350.8 for my Revel Salon 2s and jumped to this very old thread. Glad to hear that besides the X260.8, X350.8 is superb for Revel. Gotta be a tough decision between these 2 in the next few days. I think Im gonna make an order on the X350.8 too!

Super Moderator

X350.8 is a superb choice, I know you will love it.

A couple of friends had one, sounds great.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I listened to a friend’s Salon 2s with the Pass 350.8. This is a terrific match. Very musical with plenty of detail, nice stage and good lower end. A very nice match indeed.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Hi Everyone, Been lurking on this forum for a while. I think this is my 6th post. Anyone here have Pass X350.8 with Von Schweikert Loudspeakers? I have VR5 Anniversary MK 2.5s. Currently use BHK Signature Preamp and NuPrime Evolution One Monos. Listen to most every type of music but a large majority is Rock Music. Appreciate any guidance.

Lou

Super Moderator

Happy to see you Lou.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Pass X350.8 In The House!