AudioQuest Niagra 1000 - What the hell are you waiting for? - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

AudioQuest Niagra 1000 - What the hell are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Actually that is quite impressive to even be worthy of comparing. The Denali is five times the price ($5k vs $1k)... I wonder how the Niagara 5000 would compare since it is closer to the level of the Denali, only $1000 less then the 6000T.
    Actually I wasnít really comparing or hoping to replace Denali with Niagra. I had Denali for a few months when I bought the Niagra because I needed a few extra outlets. Just for fun, I plugged in my integrated and DAC for a few hours after I logged some break-in hours on the Niagra.

Iím also not really looking to see if Denali is 5x better because itís 5x more expensive. In this hobby, it just doesnít work that way.

But for the money, the Niagra is well worth it. But it wonít compete with next level well designed conditioners.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AudioQuest Niagra 1000 - What the hell are you waiting for?

Fair enough. I doubt in my system I could appreciate the next level of conditioner. I do believe that the Niagara is giving me a very nice boost in a range that I can afford.

I am continually amazed at just how resolving the system is though. I do not feel that my loft library (the only place that my system truly fits in our house) is large enough to house a larger system anyway ....
    Audio Research LS17 SE, T+A DAC 8 DSD, T+A AMP 8, W4S Recovery, KEF R700, KEF R400b, KEF M500, Ayre Pono
    Oppo BDP-105, Technics ST-9030, MrSpeakers Ether, Richard Gray High Tension Power, Kimber Kable 12TC bi-wired
    AudioQuest Niagara 1000, AudioQuest Earth XLR, AudioQuest Anaconda XLR, AudioQuest Coffee USB x2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AudioQuest Niagra 1000 - What the hell are you waiting for?

I'm using the 1000 also. I'm going to upgrade to the 5000 once I get a new amp I think. I've heard the difference and it's a fair amount. I have had it up against my old SR Galeleo power cell 10 with their top cord as well as a few others. I do like the Niagara best for tonality and realistic soundstage. I really love Garth's gear so far. His next products will blow us away in the same way his cords are.

There are lot's of nice conditioners on the market right now. I've found that often times it depends on your own listening room and the quality of your electrical.

4. Likes johndoe21ro liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4