Esoteric N-01 - Page 18
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Esoteric N-01

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esoteric N-01

I just worked out I can stream Spotify to my N-01 without needing a premium subscription. Airplay from iPad Spotify iOS App works great! And it sounds great too! I can't Airplay from a MacBook Air to N-01, but the MacBook can control the iPad running the Spotify App...

Post Thanks / Like

On your MacBook Air, move the cursor/mouse up to the volume icon at the top of the screen (overall computer volume) and click on it and see if the N-01 is in the list of devices that appear underneath.
    At some point in the past, Apple allowed you to send audio to some outside devices. Other devices show up when I click on the volume setting on my 2013 MacBook Pro.
    You may yet be able to do it from your MacBook Air.
    Christian

stuff: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Esoteric K-01X, Oppo BDP-105D, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Shunyata Triton V3 w/ Typhon, Furutech Nanoflux/Nanoflux NCF power cables, WW Platinum Eclipse 7 IC's/Speaker Cables, An Audioquest WEL IC or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the N-01 does appear as an audio output device on the MacBook Air. But when I select N-01 from the drop-down list the input source on the N-01 changes to network.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I can't Airplay from a MacBook Air to N-01
    I tested Mac OS High Sierra system sound routed to AirPlay to N-05 - it's working as expected.

Post Thanks / Like

It works on the MacBook differently to how it works on the iPad. I can have Spotify running on iPad and Airplay it directly to N-01. On the MacBook the Airplay icon at the top of the screen does not route to the N-01. Instead you need to open SystemPreferences>Sound and choose N-01 as the output device.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a new firmware download 11.1b available for N-01.

Something got broken somewhere because I can't play Tidal to the N-01 from the Soundstream App. I can play non-Tidal stuff via Soundstream, so the App is connecting to the device.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18