New: Herron Audio VTSP-360 Vacuum Tube Stereo Preamplifier - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New: Herron Audio VTSP-360 Vacuum Tube Stereo Preamplifier

Where are you located?

Sometimes you can find some gear with the holiday price still in effect or a dealer with a gently demoed piece as good as new.
    Last edited by joeinid; January 12, 2018 at 11:43 AM.
    Joe

McIntosh MC1.25KW monos, McIntosh MCLK12, McIntosh MC303, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The new MZ2 units have optional remote control and better external power supplies available. They are simply outstanding. RCA only but the performance is beyond reproach. Frankly, I’d buy the MZ2 and save up for a killer amp, possibly tubes if you are inclined.

In fact I know someone using the MZ with a CJ ARTsa and is blown away with the combo. That would be world class performance on your speakers.
    Joe

McIntosh MC1.25KW monos, McIntosh MCLK12, McIntosh MC303, Luxman C900u, Job INTegrated, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from someone who owns the luxman, I guess the MZ2 is a great buy. I am located in california, so maybe there are some ps audio dealers near, I have to check. But from what you describe, the MZ2 can compete with the best preamps out there right now. I heard great things about it a few years ago, now I will definitely try it. If it matches well with my classe monos then great. If not, I will be shopping for a really good solid state amp that can really make my Guarneri evos sing. Thanks for the advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    The new MZ2 units have optional remote control and better external power supplies available. They are simply outstanding. RCA only but the performance is beyond reproach. Frankly, I’d buy the MZ2 and save up for a killer amp, possibly tubes if you are inclined.

In fact I know someone using the MZ with a CJ ARTsa and is blown away with the combo. That would be world class performance on your speakers.
    sonus faber guarneri evolution and raidho c1.2, berkeley alpha dac 2, bmc transport, classe cp700 preamp, classe cam 400 mono amps,, audio note lexus speaker cables, audioquest water interconnects

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

There’s nothing to lose. At least a few weeks trial period and I know that me and two others specifically that kept the LTA MZ2. You can tube roll the 12AT7/12AU7 to suit your needs. I don’t think the other tubes affect the sound of the preamp section.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

by the way, anybody have any experience or know about the new audible illusions L3a preamp? any thoughts? my guess is the zotl is better. but anyone hear the L3a?
    sonus faber guarneri evolution and raidho c1.2, berkeley alpha dac 2, bmc transport, classe cp700 preamp, classe cam 400 mono amps,, audio note lexus speaker cables, audioquest water interconnects

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely high gain and also picky and very hard on tubes.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Blue Circle PLC FX-2 with BC-62 PC, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Any recs on which stock tubes? The 6sn7 or 12sn7?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about the LTA then I would touch base with them and verify whether or not the 6SN7's have any effect on the preamp functions or are just the drive tubes for the headphone amps. If the latter then just get the cheapest unless you are going to use the headphone amp.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp and 250 amp, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Cables- Triode Wire Labs, Blue Circle PLC FX-2 with BC-62 PC, PI Audio Uberbuss

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Cullen Cable PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack is correct. I ordered the NOS 12sn7 thinking it would affect the preamp section, I later found out they only benefit the headphone section. Oh well.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

What was the discount on the ps audio bhk preamp during the holiday sale? Around 3500$ for a new unit?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast