Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Re: Job 250 monos amps: absolutely wonderful ...

Can he tune in Radio Free Europe?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Are you using SE or Balanced IC's between the Music First and the Job mono's? If the former try swapping to XLR cables and see if it goes away.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Must have built your home at the wrong spot Job 250 monos amps: absolutely wonderful ...

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.
    Synology DS112 - microRendu + LPS-1 - Job INTegrated - Penaudio Cenya

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Are you using SE or Balanced IC's between the Music First and the Job mono's? If the former try swapping to XLR cables and see if it goes away.
    Actually, I was using XLR cables but have come to the conclusion that it needs to be RCA. I bought a XLR-RCA adapter and the noise went away, I've double-checked today, if I remove the RCA adapter noise comes back. Unfortunately I had my Baby Classic built in a minimal way to only have XLR in- and outputs. I need to check with Jonathan if he can modify it for me without it costing a fortune...

I suspect that my "microphonic" Lampi is the source of the problem though.... would be interesting to try with a solid state DAC, but I don't have any spare on the shelf....
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Hmmm... from my understanding XLR should be less susceptible than RCA interconnects to hum and noise, not more. Please correct me if I am wrong on this one.

The only reason I use RCA is if the equipment does not have XLR (such as my First Watt amplifier).
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I don't know anything anymore, I've started hearing things from outer space or a parallel universe so I'm probably not to be trusted when it comes to tings like this.

What I can think though is that my Lampi DAC is truly balanced and the Job's are not, and this combination causes the problem somehow... but I'm not sure. For now I'm just glad the noise went away, and particular happy that the static buzz went away. I'm really enjoying listening to music right now....

When it comes to cables I actually have no problem in trusting RCA cables and I don't see much value of using XLR's unless the components are truly balanced, double everything, dual mono configurations, and far from all gear that has XLR connections are built that way as I understand it...
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I don't know anything anymore, I've started hearing things from outer space or a parallel universe so I'm probably not to be trusted when it comes to tings like this.

What I can think though is that my Lampi DAC is truly balanced and the Job's are not, and this combination causes the problem somehow... but I'm not sure. For now I'm just glad the noise went away, and particular happy that the static buzz went away. I'm really enjoying listening to music right now....

When it comes to cables I actually have no problem in trusting RCA cables and I don't see much value of using XLR's unless the components are truly balanced, double everything, dual mono configurations, and far from all gear that has XLR connections are built that way as I understand it...
    In your mind you have abilities you know....
    To transmit thought energy far across the land...
    You close your eyes...you concentrate...
    Together that's the way...
    Upon the recitation we're about to sing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    In your mind you have abilities you know....
    To transmit thought energy far across the land...
    You close your eyes...you concentrate...
    Together that's the way...
    Upon the recitation we're about to sing...
    Calling occupants of Interplanetary, most extraordinary...CRAFT.
    LoL
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

I probably don't have near enough hours on my 250's yet, but damn... these little babies are soooo addictive! the sound is very organic, vivid, airy and 3-dimensional, it has punch with a very special touch or flavour or how to describe it. they are incredible fun to listen at and they keep dragging me into the music and especially if I turn up the volume a bit they're freaking awesome! I think they're a wonderful match with my DAC, preamp and speakers.... it might be difficult to tell exactly how much is thanks to what or how much of the others is shining through etc, but the combination of them all just feels absolutely wonderful to me. I can definitely relate to the feeling when Joe says they're here to stay, and I could not agree more, these will be with me for a long time. Also I want all of my gear now to be as tiny as they are.... hehe...

I probably don't have near enough hours on my 250's yet, but damn... these little babies are soooo addictive! the sound is very organic, vivid, airy and 3-dimensional, it has punch with a very special touch or flavour or how to describe it. they are incredible fun to listen at and they keep dragging me into the music and especially if I turn up the volume a bit they're freaking awesome! I think they're a wonderful match with my DAC, preamp and speakers.... it might be difficult to tell exactly how much is thanks to what or how much of the others is shining through etc, but the combination of them all just feels absolutely wonderful to me. I can definitely relate to the feeling when Joe says they're here to stay, and I could not agree more, these will be with me for a long time. Also I want all of my gear now to be as tiny as they are.... hehe...
    LoL

Told yah! Recall my month demo was with a Lampi B7 and an LDR Aum Acoustics premp (only Joe I know has one like it). I think Joe still has his...he can confirm. This means I heard them somewhat in a similar setup to you (but with Heil speakers). I was very impressed, but did not need the extra power vs the 225.

In the end I needed my modded integrated amp for its extreme versatility, but the monos were jummy.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

haha, yeah... I think Job and Lampi should get married... they're like match made in heaven for each other.

I was almost for a while (like a nanosecond or so) considering exchanging my Lampi for a solid state DAC the other day when I found it to be a little bit too microphonic and causing some noise, but now I don't understand how I could have such dirty thoughts.... this is some seriously good stuff...

Super Moderator

I probably don't have near enough hours on my 250's yet, but damn... these little babies are soooo addictive! the sound is very organic, vivid, airy and 3-dimensional, it has punch with a very special touch or flavor or how to describe it. they are incredible fun to listen at and they keep dragging me into the music and especially if I turn up the volume a bit they're freaking awesome! I think they're a wonderful match with my DAC, preamp and speakers.... it might be difficult to tell exactly how much is thanks to what or how much of the others is shining through etc, but the combination of them all just feels absolutely wonderful to me. I can definitely relate to the feeling when Joe says they're here to stay, and I could not agree more, these will be with me for a long time. Also I want all of my gear now to be as tiny as they are.... hehe...
    I am truly happy for you. These Job 250 monos, having the DNA of Goldmund, really shine compared to other amps anywhere near or several times the price. In my book, they are stellar. I love reading about happy outcomes regarding my recommendations. I know it can be tricky because we all have different tastes but I am confident in my Job gear. No brain-er for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    LoL

Told yah! Recall my month demo was with a Lampi B7 and an LDR Aum Acoustics premp (only Joe I know has one like it). I think Joe still has his...he can confirm. This means I heard them somewhat in a similar setup to you (but with Heil speakers). I was very impressed, but did not need the extra power vs the 225.

In the end I needed my modded integrated amp for its extreme versatility, but the monos were jummy.
    I do still have mine. Wonderful passive. Richard is dedicated to his craft.

Most of my speakers were fine with the Job 225 but the Job 250 monos and even the Job INTegrated show improved performance on my speakers.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I am truly happy for you. These Job 250 monos, having the DNA of Goldmund, really shine compared to other amps anywhere near or several times the price. In my book, they are stellar. I love reading about happy outcomes regarding my recommendations. I know it can be tricky because we all have different tastes but I am confident in my Job gear. No brain-er for sure.
    These are my taste for sure, I'm VERY happy I decided to buy them. In 6 months time I've bought no less than 2 great products thanks to you and it seems one can simply not go wrong with a "recommended by joe" purchase... many thanks goes to you!

I'm carefully avoiding any new threads you are starting though.... seriously!!! I'm out!!!

Super Moderator

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can not tell you how much I appreciate it. I am honest about the gear that moves me. Glad you love it too.

These are my taste for sure, I'm VERY happy I decided to buy them. In 6 months time I've bought no less than 2 great products thanks to you and it seems one can simply not go wrong with a "recommended by joe" purchase... many thanks goes to you!

I'm carefully avoiding any new threads you are starting though.... seriously!!! I'm out!!!

NAD C 658 streamer.

I think the JOB 250 use MOSFETS as the output devices?
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

Quote Originally Posted by nc42acc View Post
    I think the JOB 250 use MOSFETS as the output devices?
    I have no idea... the 6moons review mentioned something about Exicon Mosfets though.

And for someone like me who don't have a clue about what a "mosfet" is, would it be a good or bad thing?

Super Moderator

Generally speaking, mosfets offer a sweeter sound. Whatever is in the Job 250 monos is wonderful and sounds great. I was listening last night with the Studio2 and was thinking to myself, what more do I need/want? Nothing! I love them. Absolutely great amps.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Yep, I usually don't worry too much about hardware design as someone much smarter than me (hopefully) decided what parts should go in there and what should not. I'm more of a software guy...

I'm still very very happy with my cute little Jobs, and I'm almost sad to say it but once I get my new upgraded preamp I don't really know what else to wish for... and maybe that is a good thing, allowing me to recover a bit financially as I bought way too many cables this year... it's very tempting to try some other speakers one day though, but that just has to wait.

Oh, I still have a pair of Synergistic Research Black fuses to put into the monos.... I have waited as I wanted to get to know them a bit first... I guess this is overriding the statement about trusting the hardware designer though... haha...

I have no idea... the 6moons review mentioned something about Exicon Mosfets though.

And for someone like me who don't have a clue about what a "mosfet" is, would it be a good or bad thing?
    The metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET, MOS-FET, or MOS FET) is a type of field-effect transistor (FET). It has an insulated gate, whose voltage determines the conductivity of the device.

Dr. Oskar Heil, noted physisist and inventor of the Field Effect Transistor, began his research into loudspeaker design, not with abstract theory of how a loudspeaker should work, but with a study of the peculiarities of the human listening aparatus. The result of this intensive year-long research program led to his discovery of the principle on which the Oskar Air Velocity Transformer is based. By applying this principle to the design of a loudspeaker diaphragm, he was able to achieve a revolutionary breakthrough in solving the fundamental problems of diaphragm mass, inertia and self resonance. In the following, we describe the results of Dr. Heils research and how it led to the development of the Heil Air Motion Transformer speaker.
    NORMAN

ahh, thanks... now I understand exactly what it is... or.. eh....

as long as it sounds good they can call it whatever they want... hehe...

Just to finish this episode in solid state amplification devices, the common alternative to MOSFETs in power amplifiers is a Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT). We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

Super Moderator

After demoing (if that's a word) different systems with one of my older brothers during his recent visit and previous visits. I am convinced that the Job 250 monos are among the best amps in the world. At $3400 for the pair, they are killer. My brother is getting back into audio. He's a tough customer, read cheap and is getting a pair of Job 250 monos for his newly purchased Maggie MMG speakers. He's been re-foaming and enjoying speakers I've had and some old speakers my dad owned. He's done a great job bringing them back to life. He took a chance on the Maggie MMG and he loves them. Can't wait to hear that system with the Job monos.
    Last edited by joeinid; August 27, 2017 at 08:25 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Nice... I am still intrigued with the Job Mono's... I think I want to eventually settle on two sets of amps. One set of mono tubes, and one set of SS...

The Quicksilver will probably hold down the tube realm for the foreseeable future, and I am leaning towards the Job for SS... who knows... if I decide to move the ARC and First Watt then the Job's could slide in perfectly .... we will see...
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Super Moderator

Randy,

I am convinced that the Job 250 are satisfying me beyond belief. It's difficult for me to stop my gear lust cold turkey. I am getting better, I think. I still have a soft spot for certain pieces, I know you do as well, wink, wink. So I am trying to balance what I want with what I have (knowing what I have is better) and trying to stay put for the long haul.

NAD C 658 streamer.

After demoing (if that's a word) different systems with one of my older brothers during his recent visit and previous visits. I am convinced that the Job 250 monos are among the best amps in the world. At $3400 for the pair, they are killer. My brother is getting back into audio. He's a tough customer, read cheap and is getting a pair of Job 250 monos for his newly purchased Maggie MMG speakers. He's been re-foaming and enjoying speakers I've had and some old speakers my dad owned. He's done a great job bringing them back to life. He took a chance on the Maggie MMG and he loves them. Can't wait to hear that system with the Job monos.
    The Telos amps are better but waaay more expensive.
    Rowen amps with negative output impedance are also in the same league.
    NORMAN

Do you prefer them over Nords ?
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Edit: Forgot that I had already posted the pics...

I would not hesitate to buy these beautiful little thingies again. They are surprisingly small, but sounding very very nice indeed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

To me the 250's are quite different to the Nords.. which was an excellent amp as well, maybe more "correct" and "truthful" in a way, but the Jobs are more organic, vivid and lifeful to me.... they're a true joy listening to, and I simply couldn't be happier. For the money they cost I don't know what could replace them.

they've also made me more curious about Swiss manufactures... going to check out the Stenheim monitor later this week, which probably would be a bit overkill driving with the monos, but still....

Super Moderator

I do. I have to be honest. I posted a small comparison a little ways back. I'll try and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Do you prefer them over Nords ?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

+1

Excellent description.

To me the 250's are quite different to the Nords.. which was an excellent amp as well, maybe more "correct" and "truthful" in a way, but the Jobs are more organic, vivid and lifeful to me.... they're a true joy listening to, and I simply couldn't be happier. For the money they cost I don't know what could replace them.

they've also made me more curious about Swiss manufactures... going to check out the Stenheim monitor later this week, which probably would be a bit overkill driving with the monos, but still....

NAD C 658 streamer.

I do. I have to be honest.
    We wouldn't have it any other way

There is no way the bottom end could be better than the Nords.
    Tidal/Roon>exaSound Playpoint>exaSound e22>Marchand XM44>Nord OneUp NC500 x2>Magneplaner 3.6r: Wireworld digital, Audio Zen Silver reference II XLR, Audio Zen Satori speaker cables, Transparent Plus & Audio Sensibility Statement XLR's, Transparent Plus speaker cables, Audio Sensibility Testament power cords, Solid Tech reference rack, Feet of silence, Mye Stands, Plixir BDC linear power supply, RCPC Pro 400, Audio Magic Stealth power conditioner, Hubbell outlets & dedicated lines, DIY RPG and N11 Quadratic diffusors and Primacoustic absorption panels

Audioshark

I do. I have to be honest.
    So did I and I "only" had the JOB225.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

I'm willing to give up a little on the bottom to get great mids. The Nords do some great things but the Job 250 monos are more my style.

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    We wouldn't have it any other way

There is no way the bottom end could be better than the Nords.
    Last edited by joeinid; August 27, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I think the Nord was an amazing amp as well, and to an even lower price. I don't regret buying it at all, it was very interesting to see and hear how far Class D has come, and there's many things to like about it and especially the low power usage which is awesome of course.

I've never really had a bad amp I think. They've all been different though, different flavour, different tastes. Music is always good though...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Sorry to interject output devices into the thread. My experience has been that amplifiers with MOSFET output devices tend to have a more natural, at ease sound to them. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Just to finish this episode in solid state amplification devices, the common alternative to MOSFETs in power amplifiers is a Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT). We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

I'm willing to give up a little on the bottom to get great mids. The Nords do some great things but the Job 250 monos are more my style.
    Mids?
    Last edited by joeinid; August 27, 2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Tidal/Roon>exaSound Playpoint>exaSound e22>Marchand XM44>Nord OneUp NC500 x2>Magneplaner 3.6r: Wireworld digital, Audio Zen Silver reference II XLR, Audio Zen Satori speaker cables, Transparent Plus & Audio Sensibility Statement XLR's, Transparent Plus speaker cables, Audio Sensibility Testament power cords, Solid Tech reference rack, Feet of silence, Mye Stands, Plixir BDC linear power supply, RCPC Pro 400, Audio Magic Stealth power conditioner, Hubbell outlets & dedicated lines, DIY RPG and N11 Quadratic diffusors and Primacoustic absorption panels

Super Moderator

Ha! Yes, fixed now, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    Mids?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Ha! Yes, fixed now, thank you
    Ok, I didn't think you meant this:

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Ha! Too funny. Certainly not!

NAD C 658 streamer.

I think the Nord was an amazing amp as well, and to an even lower price. I don't regret buying it at all, it was very interesting to see and hear how far Class D has come, and there's many things to like about it and especially the low power usage which is awesome of course.

I've never really had a bad amp I think. They've all been different though, different flavour, different tastes. Music is always good though...

I hope you are using Sweetcords with the 250s. They are a MUST. Thank me later.
    NORMAN

I hope you are using Sweetcords with the 250s. They are a MUST. Thank me later.
    Hehe... I know you want me to try the Sweetcords, and I'm very curious about them as well, my "problem" though is that my current powercords (Ansuz Diamond) are simply stunning, and I just can't see how they can be bettered by anything. I hope to be able to try them one day though, but I need to recap a bit financially first.

Hehe... I know you want me to try the Sweetcords, and I'm very curious about them as well, my "problem" though is that my current powercords (Ansuz Diamond) are simply stunning, and I just can't see how they can be bettered by anything. I hope to be able to try them one day though, but I need to recap a bit financially first.
    LoL

Its not about the cable quality in this case so much. The sweetcords have an AC curator circuit built into them and they are purpose designed for the job circuit which does not like power conditioners. THEY ARE MEANT to plug straight into the wall outlet via sweetcord. The AC power source is used like some kind of power reserve as well. Bad explanation for what is going on.
    NORMAN

The sweetcords definitely sounds promising, and I promise I will try them one day... I don't know the technical details about my Ansuz products, but I believe their power distributor is very different and not really to be seen as a power conditioner that impacts on dynamics with filters etc. It's quite an incredible product actually, and so are their cables and I cannot speak warmly enough about them. They have changed my view on power, decouplers and cables forever.

I actually used the stock cables that came with the Job's for a short while when I was experiencing my weird XLR issues in the beginning, but then the soundstage kind of just collapsed and things sounded quite dull and uninspiring compared to when using my Ansuz cables. So while I certainly believe the Sweetcords is a great thing and a perfect match for the Job's, I have heard the difference with my cables also doing really really good things together with the Job's.

Did anyone else try the Sweetcords btw? Joe?

Super Moderator

I've used the Sweetcord on the INTegrated, the preamp and Job 225 stereo (when each was hooked up). I bought them for the 250 monos but honestly have not installed them. I find the amps so good with my current cables, I have not even hooked up the Sweetcords. They are still in the bags. I'm too lazy to swap them in. I have 3 Sweetcords now and even like the one on my preamp.

Did anyone else try the Sweetcords btw? Joe?

NAD C 658 streamer.

I've used the Sweetcord on the INTegrated, the preamp and Job 225 stereo (when each was hooked up). I bought them for the 250 monos but honestly have not installed them. I find the amps so good with my current cables, I have not even hooked up the Sweetcords. They are still in the bags. I'm too lazy to swap them in. I have 3 Sweetcords now and even like the one on my preamp.
    Pretty please Joe,
    Do the comparo and allow is to get rid of the nervosa!
    You are uniquely qualified.
    NORMAN

Joe, did you try changing the fuse in your monos? I just put some Synergistic Research Black into mine and first impression is that it's definitely worth it, I'll now let them burn in as I remember from doing it with the Nord's it took some time, but it sounded VERY promising right away.

Super Moderator

Pretty please Joe,
    Do the comparo and allow is to get rid of the nervosa!
    You are uniquely qualified.
    Norman,

I just saw this. I'm using the sweetcords on my "regular" gear. I'll have to switch things up a little.

Joe, did you try changing the fuse in your monos? I just put some Synergistic Research Black into mine and first impression is that it's definitely worth it, I'll now let them burn in as I remember from doing it with the Nord's it took some time, but it sounded VERY promising right away.
    I have not yet. The damn things are so good as it is, I don't feel like messing with them. I should break down and order some.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Any idea if the job monos are fully balanced? Ayre gear seems to sound best through fully balanced connections. Intending to get this for my QX-5 Twenty before deciding on a preamp.

I don’t think they are, and personally I went down the balanced path and back again with no regrets.

Here’s some interesting reading from 2 manufacturs why they prefer un-balanced...

http://www.audionote.co.uk/articles/art_balanced.shtml

http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/Balancedornot.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Job 250 monos amps: absolutely wonderful ...