Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

THE Luxman 900u arrived

I was contemplating about it a lot lately
    i have a very small music room where i sit most of the day, i work 12H shifts and in my spare time listening to music (around 7-10h a day)/ evaluate for an audiophile community in Israel. (i have a large web site with forums etc).

a few years ago (around 6) i was ordered some of the best custom made Tube amps available ... it was set me back ALOT! of money on parts alone, let alone the design and work of course i paid to the Master who build them to me..
    i had Audio physic Avanti 5 at that time and the design need to be able to power them effortless and so it did... as i grew in our hobby
    i was flipping anything else but my amps (and the designated pre amp). a few month ago i ordered Magico S3mk2 and i was afraid my amps will not cut it any more... i was consulting with big mike (thanks mike!) when he told me he is power them with VACs smaller then mine but in a lot bigger room then i have. and finally with Yair Tammam and Alon wolf - )i know them personally, as i said, i'm from Israel) which they told me i will be fine as the MK2 are more convenient from the MK1...

but, as we all know - the Audiophile mind is a restless one. i was visiting a friend with a S3 mk1 which he flipped severals amps till he got the m900 also, that behemoth of an amp is truly spectacular and his system were really getting some qualities around the S3 i wasn't heard before. (he got a terrific system!)
    further my endless Love to my amps i was decided to ordered the Luxman C900\M900 also for mating with my future to come S3MK2 and so i did...
    (my tubes amps and preamp are not for sale! i love them very much and i would be checking them with the s3mk2 also in the future)
    in the meanwhile the Luxman's are here but i'm still waiting for Magico to deliver, so i fired them up flipping my tube set on my Avalon Edilon.
    the sound is superb! they will need another few hours of break in i suspect to get their full potential, but still, they are very very musical and dynamic. with a warm and slightly lush mids, i am a bit missing the Body my 4xKT120 aside making, but the definition and extension i'm getting from the 900 set from Luxman is something to die for.
    i guess every set will got his positives and downsides relativity to the others, but i am still guessing that the Magico will benefits a large and high current amp like the m900 a great deal, when pushing thru him a large orchestra music and such. (i was thinking that in the last munich show they were a bit under power in that large room with spectral, dont you?)
    Speakers: Boenicke W13SE+ ֿ/ Clarisys Audio Auditorium
    Preamp: CH Precision L1
    Amp: CH Precision M1.1
    Cables: mostly Fono Acustica, VYDA, SAEC
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2+ Streaming hd board/ RoonLab NUCLEUS/ SOtM Lan switches and clocks. / Aries Cerat Helene
    TT:TT 1- V.Y.G.E.R INDIAN SIGNATURE + TITAN (KV9vta max /SAEC 4700 - second arm rotation)
    TT 2 - CSPORT TATM2 + LINEAR ARM (SAEC 4700 second arm rotation)
    Carts':AIDAS Tibetan Yak gold LE, Top Wing Red Sparrow, Etsuro Urushi GOLD, Sumile, Kondo IO-X, DS audio W3....
    Phono: CH Precision P1+X1
    Racks: ROGUZ carbon, ASR platform Ohio XL ...
    Power treatment Ps Audio P10 ֿ/ VYDA PD1

Super Moderator

Re: THE Luxman 900u arrived

Congratulations!

I'm reading all over the place that the 900 combo is spectacular. I'm so happy for you. I'd love to demo them in my system.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

THE Luxman 900u arrived

Great stuff! So happy for you. I was always curious about the Magico/Luxman pairing and can't wait for your comments.

As for Spectral, I thought the pairing was quite good. I noticed Spectral is lean in the lower mids (in a good way). It's ever so slightly dry, but not old man gasping for a drink in the desert dry like some.

I think the Luxman will be very much like Pass and Vitus. Excellent choice!!

P.S. I've been jonesing to try that new Luxman 300b amp for my AG's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations!

I'm reading all over the place that the 900 combo is spectacular. I'm so happy for you. I'd love to demo them in my system.
    + 1 . If your budget doesn't quite extend to Vitus Signature series or Pass XS series separates, the Lux 900 amps offer good bang for the buck & should have great synergy with Magico. I also like the Audia Flight Strumento amps in that price range. Looking forward to your feedback!

@byrdparis -- Congratulations, that's quite an excellent system that you've assembled! I've owned the Luxman C-900u preamp for a few years and it is indeed a truly exceptional performer. I'm confident that along with the M-900u amp the combo will be very engaging driving your new Magico S3 Mk II speakers. I haven't heard much about the audiophile scene in Israel although I have some family there, if you'd care to share your website it could be of interest to some of us here. Enjoy your new gear and music in the best of health, l'chaim!

Congratulations on some fine gear! I am a big fan of Luxman so I hope you find the Luxman/Magico pairing truly exceptional.
    Kevin

Main: VPI Aries 3/Grado Reference3, and Aurender N200 > PS Audio DS DAC. Luxman L-509Z integrated amp. Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers. PS Audio P10 power. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.

Bar: EAT C-sharp/Hana MH, and exaSound s82 > Luxman L-595SE amp. GolderEar One.R speakers. Shunyata power, Audioquest cables.

I am a big fan of the m900u though I don't know how it sounds on Magico. if you lack power you can bridge it to monoblock. The m800u easily beat Ypsilon Aelius on Vivid G1, and the 900u easily was better than Viola Symphony on TAD. Details here http://zero-distortion.org/yg-hailey/

Dpod4 also preferred it to some stellar amps on his Maggie 20.7 and Joel of 6 moons (who owns the 800u and Ypsilon aelius) preferred it best to many amps he compared on Maggie 20.7 including Karan m2000, Ayon Orthos XS, etc. I have also compared it to Gryhon Mephisto and while Mephisto is better it is 5 times the cost and one won't miss out with the Lux

So what's the score with Luxman these days, are they designed in Japan & made in China? Or all made in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    So what's the score with Luxman these days, are they designed in Japan & made in China? Or all made in Japan?
    Luxman it's Japan made all the way. The 900 series is another level altogether and build seperetley several time a year with a special team on the payroll.
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2+ Streaming hd board/ RoonLab NUCLEUS/ SOtM Lan switches and clocks. / Aries Cerat Helene
    TT:TT 1- V.Y.G.E.R INDIAN SIGNATURE + TITAN (KV9vta max /SAEC 4700 - second arm rotation)
    Carts':AIDAS Tibetan Yak gold LE, Top Wing Red Sparrow, Etsuro Urushi GOLD, Sumile, Kondo IO-X, DS audio W3....

http://zero-distortion.org/yg-hailey/

thanks for that write up bonzo , must take time to hear that speaker with some luxman
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    Luxman it's Japan made all the way. The 900 series is another level altogether and build seperetley several time a year with a special team on the payroll.
    Just for fun i'd love to do an a-b comparison of the Lux 900 series amps and Vitus SS-103/SL-103. The Vitus amps should be better, but I'm sure the Lux amps would hold their own. They punch above their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    Just for fun i'd love to do an a-b comparison of the Lux 900 series amps and Vitus SS-103/SL-103. The Vitus amps should be better, but I'm sure the Lux amps would hold their own. They punch above their weight.
    Yeah...me too...

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    @byrdparis -- Congratulations, that's quite an excellent system that you've assembled! I've owned the Luxman C-900u preamp for a few years and it is indeed a truly exceptional performer. I'm confident that along with the M-900u amp the combo will be very engaging driving your new Magico S3 Mk II speakers. I haven't heard much about the audiophile scene in Israel although I have some family there, if you'd care to share your website it could be of interest to some of us here. Enjoy your new gear and music in the best of health, l'chaim!
    Thanks Bill.
    we are relativity small community, maybe a few hundred (let say 1000 on base) "true" Audiophiles.
    i'm in to it for 15 years now and began to "drive" Audiophila 10 years ago in Israel. build some forums and web sites, writing hundreds of reviews, equipment and music (mostly on classical) and advices/helping fellows music\audio lovers. i'm a musician myself.
    we were attending Munich High end shows from 2008, CES a couple of times (i preferred the AVN myself though ) and last year i was at the Warsaw audio show for the first time -on my own (sadly i didn't know Adam back then, i guess it could be more fun and inviting for me if i did).

about the 900u, you right! they are exceptional and will hit a very hard punch on contest with some BIG names against them!
    i think when you realised after opening them, not to mentioned after hearing them- the work and design put in to them is off the chart.
    add to that the relativity decent price tag that are not the blood bath we use to see on some other "names", and you've got a true Giant Killer.

Aviad.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

THE Luxman 900u arrived