Fuse exchange, have you tried? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuse exchange, have you tried?

Quote Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
    I use HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses in the following gear: Mcintosh C1000C/P preamplifier, a pair of MC2301 power amplifiers, a pair of MC601 power amplifiers, a MC452 power amplifier, and a C2300 preamplifier. In all components I felt the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses improved resolution to a degree. It is more evolutionary than revolutionary, but I was able to clearly hear an improvement when comparing the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses to the stock fuses. It's been five years now and all of these components are still using these fuses to my complete satisfaction.

Hi Dan,

Is there a way I can check the fuse value of the MC452 and c2500 without opening them up?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul

l

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps:McIntosh MC452, MC207 Preamp: McIntosh c2500 Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Lyra Helikon Stereo and Mono Digital Source: Oppo BDP-83SE NuForce Edition DAC: Anedio D2 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean the specified value for that component or the actual value of an individual fuse?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    Hi Dan,

Is there a way I can check the fuse value of the MC452 and c2500 without opening them up?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul.......You do not have to open the McIntosh MC452 power amplifier. The fuse holder is accessible on the rear of the amplifier between the speaker terminals. The McIntosh C2500 preamplifier does not have an external fuse holder. The incoming power fuse is located on the Backup PS circuit board that is accessible by removing the bottom cover. The fuse is held in a snap in fuse holder labeled F1 on the circuit board.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Never Connected PSU, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Olive 04HD, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Do you mean the specified value for that component or the actual value of an individual fuse?

It would be the actual value of an individual fuse so I can purchase.

Thanks
    Paul

l

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps:McIntosh MC452, MC207 Preamp: McIntosh c2500 Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Lyra Helikon Stereo and Mono Digital Source: Oppo BDP-83SE NuForce Edition DAC: Anedio D2 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)

Post Thanks / Like

Paul.......You do not have to open the McIntosh MC452 power amplifier. The fuse holder is accessible on the rear of the amplifier between the speaker terminals. The McIntosh C2500 preamplifier does not have an external fuse holder. The incoming power fuse is located on the Backup PS circuit board that is accessible by removing the bottom cover. The fuse is held in a snap in fuse holder labeled F1 on the circuit board.

Thanks Dan!

I have also noticed quite a difference in prices for the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses. Ebay is much cheaper that the usual boutique places.
    Paul

l

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    This is true & very much the same for isolation too. Just the material that a shelf is made out of can ruin the definition from a component sometimes. Just about everything makes a difference.
    Dealer for: VCS (Vibration Control Systems) and Audiofidem (Speakers, Cables, Vibration Control Systems, and Fuses).

www.allforhifi.com
    Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/allforhifi/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    It would be the actual value of an individual fuse so I can purchase.
    Paul.......The C2500 preamp fuse is T800mAL/250V. You will need to check the fuse size, but judging from the drawing in the C2500 service manual it appears to be a 5 x 20mm. This is a slow blow fuse.

The MC452 power amplifier fuse is 15A/250V fast blow fuse. Double check the size of the fuse in your amp, but I think it is a 6.3 x 32mm size fuse.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Never Connected PSU, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Olive 04HD, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Paul.......The C2500 preamp fuse is T800mAL/250V. You will need to check the fuse size, but judging from the drawing in the C2500 service manual it appears to be a 5 x 20mm. This is a slow blow fuse.

The MC452 power amplifier fuse is 15A/250V fast blow fuse. Double check the size of the fuse in your amp, but I think it is a 6.3 x 32mm size fuse.

Thanks so much Dan!!
    Paul

l

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3