Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Best of Munich Hifi Show 2017

Good demonstration with Air Tight and the TOCARO loudspeakers...( the little... )

And one amplifier ( there are two )...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

And the second new product form Air Tight ...Sorry for the picture(!)
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    + 1. Spectral with Magico is not a good choice for synergy imho. I know shows are all about cross-pollination, but If I had absolute carte blanche to match any gear with the S3 Mk2's, I would have gone for the following setup...

- Vitus SS-103
    - Vitus SL-103
    - Vitus SCD-025 Mk2
    - Alluxity Media One server
    - Kronos Sparta w/- Graham Phantom Supreme arm + Miyajima Madake cart
    - Vitus SP-103 phono stage.
    - Critical Mass Systems QXK racks with upgraded Black Diamond shelves
    - Stillpoints Ultra feet
    - Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo conditioner
    - Jorma Prime/Statement cables
    - Acoustic Revive RCI-3H cable risers
    - Telos GNR + Entreq grounding cables
    - RW Acoustics room treatments

Tweaks would be - a negative ioniser & completely modified Chartres MK3 Schumann Resonator

The above is based on my view that potential buyers want to see gear setup with accompanying equipment they can actually afford and might buy, rather than silly priced reference gear that has little relevance. And I would be prepared to bet my above setup would have had lines going out the door the whole show.
    That setup would be well over 100k euro maybe even 200k euro. That is about 10 year incomes for most people, after taxes.

Did anyone visit the Aavik/Raidho/Scansonic/Ansuz room or the Blumenhofer/Octave room?

I like Blumenhofer their FS3mk2 is a speaker that sounds good and is almost affordable for average income people.

Was Symphonic Line present? The problem with audio shows is that many brands cannot afford to be present at a show like that.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I really liked that Kronos Zyx Goebbel stage and slam. I love the Zyx anyway. If I go the Apogee route, I can see this backward stage and slam coming this way, Kronos Pro too expensive, but as journey progresses if required Sparta is gettable. This backward depth and layering and air has been consistent across Kronos systems, I heard many last year, this year, and have heard 5 or 6 in private set ups including two Sparta where these attributes were present.

I like the sound of this loudspeaker (MARTEN ) but I'm not like their price ... 79 000 Euros (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    That setup would be well over 100k euro maybe even 200k euro. That is about 10 year incomes for most people, after taxes.
    To be fair the show is for high end ... but yes prices for top end audio is getting higher and higher

In the Marten room - the Engstrom The Eric monoblocks are Euro 150k for a pair.
    The MSB Select II DAC $96k ....

Did anyone visit the Aavik/Raidho/Scansonic/Ansuz room or the Blumenhofer/Octave room?
    Yes I did as did others. Mike has shared some videos as well.
    IMO a very well presented room - excellent choice of music.

The small Raidhos sounded absolutely huge.

Was Symphonic Line present? The problem with audio shows is that many brands cannot afford to be present at a show like that.
    Symphonic Line was in Hall 3 with a passive display.
    New for the show was the two box Preamplifier and the new Integrated.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong View Post
    I like the sound of this loudspeaker (MARTEN ) but I'm not like their price ... 79 000 Euros (!)
    I liked both Marten rooms ...

Marten Room with Coltrane Tenor 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moMP6ipo7G0

Engstrom Room with Marten Coltrane 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LM1WHzA0ao
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

For Marten...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    To be fair the show is for high end ... but yes prices for top end audio is getting higher and higher

In the Marten room - the Engstrom The Eric monoblocks are Euro 150k for a pair.
    The MSB Select II DAC $96k ....

I know, I just don´t understand. Could also be of my political opinions.

Yes I did as did others. Mike has shared some videos as well.
    IMO a very well presented room - excellent choice of music.

The small Raidhos sounded absolutely huge.

The small Raidho speakers are really great but they are not my cup of tea. But might be an ideal speaker for me.

Symphonic Line was in Hall 3 with a passive display.
    New for the show was the two box Preamplifier and the new Integrated.
    The top of the line integrated amp the Kraftwerk mk3 ref is my current unobtainable dream amp.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

The small Raidho speakers are really great but they are not my cup of tea. But might be an ideal speaker for me.
    Trust me they are only small in size. Those baby Raidhos sounded like they were ten feet tall.

The top of the line integrated amp the Kraftwerk mk3 ref is my current unobtainable dream amp.
    They are built like tanks. Wait for one to come in the second sale market.
    Fantastic amps on the whole.

The only knock on them would be Rolf Gemein himself - he's getting a little older now.
    When I visited the booth he didn't even bother to get off his chair while I was talking to him.

On the issue of prices - this being Munich High End, most exhibits from major brands in the Atrium area were all out assaults on the state of the art. The lower end models were mostly as passive displays.
    2 Channel Stereo :

I park my car here !!!!

[IMG]http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19419&stc=1
    Great gear, but honestly speaking I found the Solution/ Rockport combo too sharp in the highs. Especially when compared to the Brinkman/ Vandersteen room next door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes, Gauder RC8's. I think others should comment. It's not my cup of tea.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Mike. thanks for your comments. Since nobody is really commenting I'd like to ask a bit more. What exactly isn't your cup of tea? The overall sound of the demo set-up, the Gauder speaker sound? The Audionet sound (which is much like Soulution as most say) or the design. Although I think that the new amplifier design is way better thank the old (mine).

In the past you said you did like the pre-amp at least..... so it might be another factor.
    Hi Hans - I heard it at Blink Hi End in Boston and it was excellent. I still have other products to hear before I decide on anything. But the DNP was very good
    Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

Quote Originally Posted by Glareskin View Post
    Hi Mike. thanks for your comments. Since nobody is really commenting I'd like to ask a bit more. What exactly isn't your cup of tea? The overall sound of the demo set-up, the Gauder speaker sound? The Audionet sound (which is much like Soulution as most say) or the design. Although I think that the new amplifier design is way better thank the old (mine).

In the past you said you did like the pre-amp at least..... so it might be another factor.
    Hi Glareskin,

I listened not all.

First one is : Avant Garde but 280 000 Euros ... just the loudsepakers (including sub ).
    Second : MARTEN Coltrane
    Third : Vivid Audio with CH+

Special mention for the little TOCARA. ( 2800 Euros for the two loudspeakers)

I didn't like demontrastion of Totem, Wilson Audio(what a pity !), Eggletonwork, Gader, Cabasse and many others...like Burmester...or PMC (!)...not musical, and perhaps volume is too high...Esoteric with BW is very analytical.

The demonstration failed because I didn't recognize the voice of Elvis Presley ( musical file and not CD ) : ''Love me tender''...It's a bad demonstration !!!!

Unknow systems work good but price unknow...

Hong Kong,

I missed this room (Esoteric). Can you share your impressions on this setup?
    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Hong Kong,

I missed this room (Esoteric). Can you share your impressions on this setup?
    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Regards.

Hi Nikhil,

I can share my impressions but everybody has his opinion.
    So, I prefer begin to be careful with me because I don't like the sound of BW. (It's just my opinion).
    The sound was for me analytical, accuracy but without life.

If I can help someone, here what I like :
    - Esoteric E03
    - Mark Levinson : but before N° 326S
    - Marantz
    - Metronome Technologie
    - Octave
    - Marten
    - Jeff Rowland
    - VPI
    - Audio-Technica
    - Proceed
    - Tag Mc Laren
    - Technics ( SL-12xx )
    - Pioneer ( for video )
    - DALI
    - Arcam
    - Primare

And I don't like :
    - Wilson Audio
    - Focal
    - Cabasse
    - PMC
    - Accuphase : they are not in the Showroom ( ? ) or I do a mistake ?
    - ESOTERIC ( only CD/SACD )
    - DCS
    - Gryphon

Don't like but I can listen :
    - Mac Intosh

But it's just my opinions. And combination between products are very important...For example : Luxman + Cabasse = very good, Rotel + Cabasse = very bad ...

The best first choice is choose his loudspeaker, I think. The other products after....

Audioshark

all these pictures should have been posted in the Munich 2017 Pictures thread.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

all these pictures should have been posted in the Munich 2017 Pictures thread.

Hi Mike,

If I have time, I post them in the Munich 2017 Pictures thread...Sorry...

The Beast, Switzerland

I had mentioned this room as one of the rooms I really liked.
    But for some strange reason there is no mention of "The Beast" anywhere.
    Even the exhibitor shows the room as a McIntosh room on their website.

After a little bit of searching I found Request Audio: http://www.requestaudio.com/index.php?id=77

Apart from the Absolare 845 SET amps the Nebulas from Eventus Audio deserve mentioning.
    This room to me had exceptional sound.

It is a complete mystery as to why there is so little information on this room anywhere.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Audioshark

The Munich show started over a week ago and ended 5 days ago, yet not a single peep on Stereophile or TAS. Meanwhile, we have posted over 1000 pictures, 50+ videos, and had extensive commentary, discussion, "best of's", etc. In an age of rapid communication, I guess it just proves - forums like AS are the future.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

We know that there were quite a few people from the media present.
    Probably recovering a little bit this week as we all are!

But you are right ... lot's more coverage on here for sure.
    2 Channel Stereo :

The Munich show started over a week ago and ended 5 days ago, yet not a single peep on Stereophile or TAS. Meanwhile, we have posted over 1000 pictures, 50+ videos, and had extensive commentary, discussion, "best of's", etc. In an age of rapid communication, I guess it just proves - forums like AS are the future.
    Heck yeah, dude. Go AS go!

I will post up any photos from LAAS next week.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Heck yeah, dude. Go AS go!

I will post up any photos from LAAS next week.
    Thank you Keith! Boots on the ground.

A big +1 Mike. Your coverage along with the other sharksters far exceeds anything I've seen online. Thx!

Best of Munich Hifi Show 2017

But Mike, it's very simple: the Sharks rock!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Thank you all of you that shared!!!!

Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Audioshark

I see one site is still prattling on about Axpona. LOL.

I laugh every time I see that.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

I guess their reviewers had too much beer in Munich...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Speaker: Gauder Akustik Berlina RC7 Diamond Black Edition DV
    Power-Amp: Grandinote Demone
    Pre-Amp: Grandinote Domino
    Digital: TAD D1000 MkII; Auralic Aries G1 with modified LPS; QNAP HS 251+ (via Wifi)
    Cables: Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse
    Power: Dedicated power line and dedicated grounding; Furutech wall socket; Furman IT Ref 16 IE; HMS Energia SL/OV
    Rack: Bassocontinuo Reference Line Accordeon

Audioshark

I spent the day uploading all the videos I took from Munich - in HD. Meanwhile, those other guys still haven't posted anything!

Check them out.

Here is one:

1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Best of Munich Hifi Show 2017