Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Marten Mingus Quintet

How is the darTZeel?
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Up there with the best as we all know. A slightly darker sound to the Soulution with a more pronounced bass.... but then again I do have these in the mix now & they will crack concrete etc....
    Attached Images Attached Images

You've got some amazing stuff over there! I am so... envious!
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    You've got some amazing stuff over there! I am so... envious!

Thank-you. A thought just came to me as I'm listening the Greg Brown Slant 6 Mind & doing stuff around the house... Woofers that integrate the mid-range really make the music available to the whole house compared to with-out.

The quest continues. Full darTZeel, full Soulution, darTZeel pre & Esoteric A-03 is stunning....

Attached Images Attached Images

That speaker looks fantastic. How are you enjoying that. I am considering to buy this one.
    Fyne Audio F1-12, Octave RE 320, Aries Cerat Incito S, Aries Cerat Kassandra II ref, Aurender N20
    Townshend supertweeters, Sotm SNH 10G ethernet switch, Nordost QKORE 3 grounding
    Skogrand Tchaikovsky, Skogrand Wagner, Triangle-art Isis, hemingway Z core beta, ansuz C2, Echole omnia, Audience frontrow, SR sigma 2, Combax Hijiri million, PAD diamond, Sablon.
    Torus RM 20 power conditioner, furutech wall socket
    Vicoustics and GIK acoustics, Solid tech rack of silence, Adona zero GXT-3, Iso-acoustics Gaia1, Townshend platform, Alto extreme, Stillpoints, Symposium

Secondary system: B&W 702 S2 with Naim Uniti atom.

SHARKMOUTH....

How are you enjoying the Schiit Freya...?.( somewhat surprising to see it sitting there with all the other Exotic equipment.....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Great gear can lift mediocre. Very good average gear does not transcend the gap but gets to the 80% mark that we can live with. The Marten Mingus Quintets are an exceptional speaker that I would rate at 90%. I honestly think for most of us,... it is almost enough. That last 5%, it is so hard to achieve as we only get to 95%. The last 5% is next years inventions....

Hello,
    I am thinking of getting the Mingus Twenty limited edition for their 20th Anniversary.
    Should be similar to the Mingus Quintet!
    Is it worthwhile to pat the extra for this Limited Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by MusangKing View Post
    Hello,
    I am thinking of getting the Mingus Twenty limited edition for their 20th Anniversary.
    Should be similar to the Mingus Quintet!
    Is it worthwhile to pat the extra for this Limited Edition?
    Hey MK. Marten have never done things by halves. Would I own another pair of their speakers, in a heartbeat. If they have a "special" set of speakers, ask them for their specs & evaluate. They are normally very good with their customer relations...

Hi bzr,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The Mingus Twenty has the same cabinet and drivers as the Mingus Quintet, except for internal cables using Jorma Statement cables and the crossover components are better quality. The top of the speaker is topped with a solid Zebrano wood.

May I know which Marten model you owned?

Hi Sharkmouth,

Do you still have your Mingus Quintet? I am sure you are enjoying the music.

Have you heard the Mingus Twenty?

Quote Originally Posted by RaChiK View Post
    That speaker looks fantastic. How are you enjoying that. I am considering to buy this one.
    Hi RaChik,
    Did you buy the Mingus Quintet?
    Let me know how you like them?

No sold them. the first model.

I bought the Marten Mingus Quintet 2 and they are great speakers.

I was interested in the Mingus Quintet or the Mingus Twenty in Q3 2021, but learnt that Marten is going to introduce the Mingus Quintet MK 2 version towards end of 2021. I ordered the Mingus Quintet MK 2 Statement Edition even before they were launched. Received them in April 2022. Driving them with the Vitus SIA-030 amplifier and MSB Reference DAC & NUC Roon Server. These speakers are very dynamic and fast, yet transparent, detailed, smooth and natural sounding. Excellent highs and mid range with very focused vocals and imaging. Soundstage is very wide and deep with very fast and deep base.

20220910_111446.jpg
    20220910_111405.jpg
    20220910_111146.jpg
    20220910_111017.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Marten Mingus Quintet