Accuphase A-250 mono blocks announced! - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase A-250 mono blocks announced!

A tragic comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    My pricing comment was for comedic value. There is some truth to it though.
    Joe

JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II.

Post Thanks / Like

Pair is $59k in the US, $22.5k in Japan.

The pricing around the world makes me believe that Accuphase doesn't really want to sell much outside their domestic market.

You feel like Accuphase is making you a favour for selling its products to you, but only if you're willing to pay a substantial premium over what the Japanese are paying.

3. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post

The pricing around the world makes me believe that Accuphase doesn't really want to sell much outside their domestic market.

You feel like Accuphase is making you a favour for selling its products to you, but only if you're willing to pay a substantial premium over what the Japanese are paying.
    In the EU the price is roughy the same as in the US. IMO Accuphase gear still represents good value for money compared to other European and US hi-end offerings (most of the time surpasing them in built quality).

In Japan the value of Accuphase gear is simply extraordinary. I'm actually surprised US and European companies can sell anything in Japan, when they have to compete with Accuphase gear.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    In the EU the price is roughy the same as in the US. IMO Accuphase gear still represents good value for money compared to other European and US hi-end offerings (most of the time surpasing them in built quality).

In Japan the value of Accuphase gear is simply extraordinary. I'm actually surprised US and European companies can sell anything in Japan, when they have to compete with Accuphase gear.

So why not spoil your compatriots.
    My point is...! Is it as good as D'Ag, Soul.., Pass, Vitu.., Dart... & quite a few many more. Around the world, you will pay the piper. In their own country, as Plinius has done, you will pay a discount for fellow countrymen..

6. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    Yeah neither did I...I thought the A-200 mono's were a one off, but it appears Accuphase changed their mind after the success of that model.
    There have been A-100 monos before the A-200.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2