New Speakers Inbound - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Speakers Inbound

Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, McIntosh MC303, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

great solution, RDS, with iso-acoustics!

Post Thanks / Like

How are you getting along with the Suns, RDS? And how do they compare to your Arts? I'm curious! Thanks, Margot

Post Thanks / Like

The Sun's are terrific speakers but the Art's handily won the shootout. It's physics, really. They play fuller and lower due to their size advantage. But for their diminutive size, the Sun's really can't be beat and I'd highly recommend them to anyone in a tight space who needs mini-monitors to the extreme!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    The Sun's are terrific speakers but the Art's handily won the shootout. It's physics, really. They play fuller and lower due to their size advantage. But for their diminutive size, the Sun's really can't be beat and I'd highly recommend them to anyone in a tight space who needs mini-monitors to the extreme!

Thanks, RDS! That makes me really want to try the ARTS one day! What amplifier do you prefer with them? cheers- Margot

Post Thanks / Like

The Art's sound great with tubes or solid state. For tubes I've been using some Quicksilver KT150's putting out around 90 watts of mono tube power, which would basically drive any speaker and makes the Art's really sing. I've also used a Bel Canto SET40 845 tube amp, an Accuphase power amp and anything you throw at them with a bit of power sounds absolutely scrumptious! What are you driving your Sun's with, Mcanaday?

8. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those sound like great combinations, RDS. Right now, I've got the Suns going with an Exposure 3010s2 D amplifier--it's very nice! Next month, I'll try them with Brinkmann Audio's integrated--on the recommendation of Andreas from Trenner and Friedl. I'll let you know how that goes! cheers, Margot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3