Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Kinda bummed out.

We can make a lot of audio pals on line, but often never meet in person.

For example, though I have communicated a lot with many here offline like Mike, we have still to meet up in person. Jerry, Gopher, Joe, Hans, Oddessey, Cmarin, Mike L and quite a few others...just from this forum!

The list of those here I have actually met in real life are Bob V, Elberoth, Bonzo, AL Rainbow, La Dolce Vita, Eurodriver, Jason, Christoph, Brad, David and a few others.

Anyway, this is all a preamble to say that one online Buddy I did meet and spend the day with was MuzikMike (and his lovely wife Barbara) from AAsylum...about 5 years ago. I drove some 2.5hours each way from Philly suburbs and spent an unforgettable day with Mike and his 10K vinyl collection ( a lot out of print) and the 3 of us went out for dinner before I left. Mike used to review for StereoMojo and hosted an open BBQ every June for all forumites (general invitation to all), despite him being very ill for several years before, in and out of hospital regularly. He was 62 then

I have not called for many many months about a year ago and Barb answered saying that he finally succumbed a year before. I felt down about that as we always had great conversations and that couple was truly the salt of the earth. I told her I would call every now and again just to check in on her and keep the connection. As too often happen, life gets in the way and its been nagging me for a while to call (but the number is in a rolodex) and when I remembered it was never convenient. I finally called last night Central European time and the number was disconnected...slight uncomfortable feeling. I then sent an email to Dr Richardson, a pal in common and a fellow Audiobuddy as well.

Long story short, I got an email this morning that Barb died last fall of a sudden massive heart attack that was a total surprise. Its very sad to lose such great people and even more so that Mike (and his supportive wife) was a passionate musicophile/audiophile. He turned me on to Allen Toussaint among others. I do rue their loss and a personal takeaway is that it makes me appreciate the rest of you even more, for the time we have left in this realm.

Wonderful world, beautiful people...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Re: Kinda bummed out.

Norman, I'm so sorry to hear of their passing. It's great to make connections with people and sad when they end for whatever reason. I confess to not reaching out enough. I tend to be shy in "real" life. I definitely hope to see you in person one day.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Sorry to hear of the loss. May their souls rest in peace.
    If you are ever on this side of the globe, do drop by ...
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Norman.......A touching story of personal connections lost. It reminds me once again that life is finite. We each have so many days and then it is over for us. It is good we know not when the last day will come. Live life like each day is the last.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Sorry to hear of the loss. May their souls rest in peace.
    If you are ever on this side of the globe, do drop by ...
    Thanks, I certainly would!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Audioshark

So sorry for your loss. Touching story. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Norman, they are both probably sitting in the nicest listening chairs you can ever imagine listening to the system(s) of their dreams for eternity and they are looking down at their friend Norman and appreciating your thoughts and sentiments towards them. Nice for you to be honoring them and your friendship, I am sure they are smiling down at you!

Norman, i'm really sorry to hear of your news. It shows the importance and value of personal connections, and not missing opportunities to reach out to our loved ones and good people in our lives. I'm experiencing something similar, but closer to home as my mother is terminally ill in hospital. So I cherish each and every visit, and the tender moments I have left with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    Norman, i'm really sorry to hear of your news. It shows the importance and value of personal connections, and not missing opportunities to reach out to our loved ones and good people in our lives. I'm experiencing something similar, but closer to home as my mother is terminally ill in hospital. So I cherish each and every visit, and the tender moments I have left with her.
    I am in the same situation as you too, so I do feel your angst as only a fellow sufferer can. I still wish a miracle for both of us, so that we could have a few more joyous years with our beloved mothers. I have inlaw issues as well. It seems these things come in waves...but its life and we soldier on.

Thanks for the kind words and empathy.
    NORMAN

Winson-I am sorry for the loss of your friends. I think what you have done here is make people realize we should never take those we love for granted nor miss opportunities to let them know we care about them. It's easy to let people fall by the way side as we journey through life. My best friend who I also worked with committed suicide a little over 4 months ago and it's still devastating.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

mauidan

You're never ready to lose a good friend or family member.

Lost my golfing buddy of 30 years a couple of weeks, and now my wife is in the hospital with a fractured hip.

As they say, getting old sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    I am in the same situation as you too, so I do feel your angst as only a fellow sufferer can. I still wish a miracle for both of us, so that we could have a few more joyous years with our beloved mothers. I have inlaw issues as well. It seems these things come in waves...but its life and we soldier on.

Thanks for the kind words and empathy.
    Amen bro 🙏🏻.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Winson-I am sorry for the loss of your friends. I think what you have done here is make people realize we should never take those we love for granted nor miss opportunities to let them know we care about them. It's easy to let people fall by the way side as we journey through life. My best friend who I also worked with committed suicide a little over 4 months ago and it's still devastating.
    Sorry about your best friend.

Very sorry to hear this. Its an especially painful circumstance. Happened with a co-worker about 12 years ago...you never find the sense in it.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post

Lost my golfing buddy of 30 years a couple of weeks, and now my wife is in the hospital with a fractured hip.

So true Dan.
    NORMAN

Hi Norman, I always like your posts. This particular one is a reminder for all of us that this whole thing is temporary. We don't own spouses, children friends or family, at best borrow them. Actually it is the same with our gear. We can buy what we want, nature will allow us to enjoy it for certain time only.
    Most of us, including myself, are running the rat race in order to follow our careers, making sure our families make a good living. And in our free time we enjoy music, among other hobbies, and chat about it with our digital friends on the internet.
    It's great to know you and your personal touch is hearth warming!
    Let's keep enjoying and count our blessings. RIP Mike
    Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

What you say Dan is to the heart. I also lost a golfing buddy 9 years ago, he and his wife were over at Bike Week in Daytona and got hit by a drunken driver, He went into a coma and never came out, died. Fast forward 5 years I recently lost my best friend, he is not dead, but he at 68 went into a form of dementia called Lewy body dementia. He lives in a world of delusions and will never ever go home again, and doesn't even know who his grandchildren are. And last week we moved my mother into my sisters home since mom is also in the very early stages of dementia. So yes bummed out.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    What you say Dan is to the heart. I also lost a golfing buddy 9 years ago, he and his wife were over at Bike Week in Daytona and got hit by a drunken driver, He went into a coma and never came out, died. Fast forward 5 years I recently lost my best friend, he is not dead, but he at 68 went into a form of dementia called Lewy body dementia. He lives in a world of delusions and will never ever go home again, and doesn't even know who his grandchildren are. And last week we moved my mother into my sisters home since mom is also in the very early stages of dementia. So yes bummed out.
    I hate to know that my friends here are also carrying heavy burdens in the background...but take comfort in the fact that life is a mixed bag of fortunes, but our attitudes can make up survive and prosper, despite the inevitable challenges we constantly face.

I am just thankful for getting the chance to spend time with special souls. That makes it all worthwhile.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Glareskin View Post
    Hi Norman, I always like your posts. This particular one is a reminder for all of us that this whole thing is temporary. We don't own spouses, children friends or family, at best borrow them. Actually it is the same with our gear. We can buy what we want, nature will allow us to enjoy it for certain time only.
    Most of us, including myself, are running the rat race in order to follow our careers, making sure our families make a good living. And in our free time we enjoy music, among other hobbies, and chat about it with our digital friends on the internet.
    It's great to know you and your personal touch is hearth warming!
    Let's keep enjoying and count our blessings. RIP Mike
    Many, many thanks.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Very sorry to hear this. Its an especially painful circumstance. Happened with a co-worker about 12 years ago...you never find the sense in it.
    No, you don't. I never saw this coming and neither did any of the rest of his friends. He never reached out to anyone to let us know he was in pain. I will never forget being at work and asking why he wasn't at work and then being told by another friend of mine that was biting his lip that he was gone. It was heartbreaking. He was a EE that was super-grounded and always had his act together.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Sorry to hear about your wife Dan. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Sorry to hear about your wife Dan. I hope she makes a full recovery.
    I second this wish. Fast and painless as possible recovery...
    Keep strong Dan.
    NORMAN

I'm very sorry to hear of all the losses and heartache. Sadly, this is part and parcel of life.

Here is a poem that I love. It has the potential to put life in perspective and to offer comfort. I hope it helps at least a few of you the way it helps me during times of grief.

This Too Shall Pass

When some great sorrow, like a mighty river,
    Flows through your life with peace-destroying power
    And dearest things are swept from sight forever,
    Say to your heart each trying hour:
    "This, too, shall pass away."

When ceaseless toil has hushed your song of gladness,
    And you have grown almost too tired to pray,
    Let this truth banish from your heart its sadness,
    And ease the burdens of each day:

When fortune smiles, and, full of mirth and pleasure,
    The days are flitting by without a care,
    Lest you should rest with only earthly treasure,
    Let these few words their fullest import bear:

When earnest labor brings you fame and glory,
    And all earth's noblest ones upon you smile,
    Remember that life's longest, grandest story
    Fills but a moment in earth's little while:

-Lanta Wilson Smith

I am late to the discussion, but I conversed with Mike quite a bit at the Asylum. He was a sweet man. I say that in the nicest way. He has so many health issues and yet his attitude remained positive and not self consuming. I miss him and Bruce, another bright light would went out way too early.

just saw this thread, but certainly share Norman's and other's feelings.

I never met Mike in person, but back 10+ years ago when I was more active on AA I had many enjoyable exchanges with him and he was always the most humble, generous and positive force and really brought people together in a special way......and very helpful and patient with newbies. I regret never attending one of his famous Ribfests.

the world needs more Mike's.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Kinda bummed out.