New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers - Page 9
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Wilson Benesch Resolution Speakers

First let me say, I'm a subwoofer guy. I've had subwoofers as part of my system for a long time and used a lot of different ones. The Torus is best one I've experienced. Only two downsides to it. One is the cost, it is expensive. Second, it is more placement sensitive than some of the alternatives. But, it terms of performance in a high end music (NOT home theater system), I have yet to hear anything better.
    Earth
    Wilson Benesch Cardinal/Torus, CH Precision (Full Stack), Trinnov, Grand Prix Monaco/Triplanar & Rigid Float/Ortofon Century, Transfiguration Proteus D & Miyajima Zero, Zensati Zorro, Artesania

Earth
    Martin Logan Masterpiece Renaissance ESL15A, Technical Brain Int, Neodio Origine S2, Zensati

Mothership
    Focal Utopia Headphones, SimAudio 430ha, Kef LS50, Danacable

2. Likes sharkmouth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Annapolis Raider; just out of interest, have you heard the Resolutions and if so how do you think they compare to your Cardinals. I realise of course that you will have a natural bias . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iansr View Post
    Annapolis Raider; just out of interest, have you heard the Resolutions and if so how do you think they compare to your Cardinals. I realise of course that you will have a natural bias . . .
    Yes, I have heard the Resolutions. But, I can't really make any meaningful comparison. I'm using a pair of Torus, along with a pair of CH M1s for amps. Comparing that to, Resolutions without subs and with amps , (not CH M1s ), isn't fair.

My best guess is that they sound very similar in tone, with the Cardinals beating the Resolutions on things where size matters (Dynamic Capability, Bass weight and extension, Soundstage dimensions, etc.). By how much is an open question.....
    Earth
    Wilson Benesch Cardinal/Torus, CH Precision (Full Stack), Trinnov, Grand Prix Monaco/Triplanar & Rigid Float/Ortofon Century, Transfiguration Proteus D & Miyajima Zero, Zensati Zorro, Artesania

Earth
    Martin Logan Masterpiece Renaissance ESL15A, Technical Brain Int, Neodio Origine S2, Zensati

Mothership

Post Thanks / Like

WB have just announced that the Resolutions have just got a Golden Ear award at Absolute Sound. Awesome stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Earth

Earth

Mothership

Post Thanks / Like

Earth

Earth

Mothership

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annapolis Raider View Post
    First let me say, I'm a subwoofer guy. I've had subwoofers as part of my system for a long time and used a lot of different ones. The Torus is best one I've experienced. Only two downsides to it. One is the cost, it is expensive. Second, it is more placement sensitive than some of the alternatives. But, it terms of performance in a high end music (NOT home theater system), I have yet to hear anything better.

I did warn you... I still think fondly of my WB speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is, it is my sincere hope that EVERYONE enjoys their system as much as I do. I have been involved in this hobby for over 30 years. My current system is a quantum leap beyond anything I've previously owned (Focal Grande Utopia/Gryphon, Maggie/CJ, Avantgarde Trio/Viva, Genesis II/CJ etc.) IMHO, Roy G in the review vastly understates the prowess of the system.
    Earth

Earth

Mothership

10. Likes Kuoppis, bzr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Earth

Earth

Mothership

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9