Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Axpona 2017 Best Of

Wow Mike ... I feel like I went to the show. Thanks you for all the great photos.
    Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / New Audio Frontiers Stradivari Phono / Taiko Extreme / Aqua Acoustics Formula XHD / Townshend Allegri Reference / New Audio Frontiers Reference 845 Mono SE / Marten Coltrane Soprano / Artesania Audio Exoteryc rack / Daiza Isolation

The Vandersteen high pass crossovers for the Quatro model and up.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Vandersteen high pass crossovers for the Quatro model and up.
    Of course. I have the Vandersteen M7-HPA mono amps, so the high pass filter in built into them. I totally forgot about them. Out of sight out of mind I guess. I'm sure the high pass filters would work fine with the MSB amps, which have a high input impedance, 40K ohms balanced I believe.

Thanks,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alectiong View Post
    Thanks. I am more looking for a power strip to put on the floor. Wondering about the Niagra 1000.
    Do yourself a favor and check out the new Acoustic Revive RTP-6 Absolute power distributor. The RTP-6 Ultimate which I previously owned was good, this one is quite a bit better. A guy is selling a smaller RTP-4 Absolute strip on USA Audio Mart right now for $2k in minty cond.

Ken

If I remember correctly 40K is one of those "in between" values for the filter values that may require using the test tones and a meter to decide whether to go up a value or down. My experience is that down is better but whichever it is it would worth the test if you can arrange to try them.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA1 View Post
    Wow Mike ... I feel like I went to the show. Thanks you for all the great photos.
    + 1 .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Ken

If I remember correctly 40K is one of those "in between" values for the filter values that may require using the test tones and a meter to decide whether to go up a value or down. My experience is that down is better but whichever it is it would worth the test if you can arrange to try them.
    Thanks Jack, you could be right about the filter settings. However, I love the sound of my M7-HPA mono amps and ARC Ref 10 preamp. I'll be sticking with them for a long time.

Best,
    Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Terrific and much appreciated coverage of the show. From a Texan who doesn't attend these shows but who appreciates contributions to the various audio forums, I gotta say that Melbguy1's comments are always well received, especially when compared to some brand-specific fan bois who go on and on about one particular brand they feel should be promoted for no reason other than they own it. Melbguy1 has integrity in my book.

Axpona 2017 Best Of

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    Terrific and much appreciated coverage of the show. From a Texan who doesn't attend these shows but who appreciates contributions to the various audio forums, I gotta say that Melbguy1's comments are always well received, especially when compared to some brand-specific fan bois who go on and on about one particular brand they feel should be promoted for no reason other than they own it. Melbguy1 has integrity in my book.
    And he doesn't bash Ayre (all over the internet).

Quote Originally Posted by Melbguy1 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and check out the new Acoustic Revive RTP-6 Absolute power distributor. The RTP-6 Ultimate which I previously owned was good, this one is quite a bit better. A guy is selling a smaller RTP-4 Absolute strip on USA Audio Mart right now for $2k in minty cond.
    Are you guys running your main amplification thru these power strips ...?

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Are you guys running your main amplification thru these power strips ...?
    At the time I was running my RTP-6 Ultimate power strip I had a Boulder 1060 which is fairly power-hungry, so I ran it direct to wall & ran my front end components off the RTP-6. The new RTP-6 Absolute apparently has even lower loss, so I wouldn't have any issue running a smaller power amp directly off it.

With the above said, I currently use a Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo conditioner which has a special high current branch to connect power amps & double buffering circuit with compensation cells to improve impulse response. It is one of the few non-current limiting conditioners where you run a power amp off the conditioner.

I have always ran power hungry stuff and never had good results with main amps going thru any kind of conditioner, interesting to hear you are getting an improvement going thru yours ...

Regards ...

I have always ran power hungry stuff and never had good results with main amps going thru any kind of conditioner, interesting to hear you are getting an improvement going thru yours ...

Regards ...
    Yes definitely an improvement vs running direct to wall. I'll try to find my listening notes from my comparo & post an update when I get a chance. But in a nutshell it lowered the noise floor & made my integrated feel like a more powerful amp.

Does anyone happen to have an opinion on the Jadis amps / Vivid speakers room? I know that Jadis isn't as popular today as ARC, CAT, BAT, CJ, Lamm, VAC, etc., but I have always found their sound intoxicating.

Stereophile seems to think that room was the best of show: http://www.stereophile.com/content/j...step-closer-oz

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Mike
    You are correct, I should have attended. That way I could have avoided a traffic accident Friday evening on the way to dinner. Some person decided to be the third person thru a red light when I was making a left turn. My Cayenne is in rough shape but both my wife an I were unhurt. Will get an idea tomorrow of the damages.
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Luckily it was not severe.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Regards ...
    Where is Front row centre?
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Tuff Gong ....

Irie Ites.
    Newport West.
    NORMAN

I missed the Jadis room this year, sad. I heard Jadis in 2 rooms last year for the first time, I am a fan. I remember one room was with Jadis & Sonus Faber but don't remember what speakers for the other. Both rooms I liked though.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Mike
    You are correct, I should have attended. That way I could have avoided a traffic accident Friday evening on the way to dinner. Some person decided to be the third person thru a red light when I was making a left turn. My Cayenne is in rough shape but both my wife an I were unhurt. Will get an idea tomorrow of the damages.
    Sorry to hear, Jim. But glad you and you're wife are ok.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by arthurs View Post
    I though the Lampi/Spatial/unsure brand of amps room sounded really really good, the Modwright/Daedelus setup was super smooth and enjoyable, the AG room as noted sounded fantastic. the Voxaitv room was unlistenable to me, but may do it for others,
    Unsure brand = Linear Tube Audio. We had mono-blocked ZOTL40s and ended up using an MZ2 as a preamp.

I was stuck at the booth the whole time and had very little time to listen to anything. I know I usually like Voxativ's speakers, did anyone else have reports on that room?

I think the new JansZen headphones will be great once he gets the noise figured out. There are several hybrid electrostatic/dynamic headphones out right now, but I think he's going for the lowest crossover point yet. What I could hear was very engaging and natural.
    I work at Linear Tube Audio doing most things.

Mike

I would like to commend you for not staying within the Suncoast Audio sandbox when commenting on what you heard at this show or others in the past. It would be to easy to name some of the wonderful products you carry, instead you let us know which rooms appealed to you at that point in time. It might be something you carry or it might not. I really respect that.
    You hit the nail on the head! Axpona 2017 Best OfAxpona 2017 Best Of

Mike outdid himself at Axpona. Best coverage on any forum that I have seen.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by kkfan View Post
    You hit the nail on the head! Axpona 2017 Best OfAxpona 2017 Best Of
    Suncoast is da place with the most!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    Does anyone happen to have an opinion on the Jadis amps / Vivid speakers room? I know that Jadis isn't as popular today as ARC, CAT, BAT, CJ, Lamm, VAC, etc., but I have always found their sound intoxicating.

Stereophile seems to think that room was the best of show: http://www.stereophile.com/content/j...step-closer-oz
    The Jadis - Vivid room was ok - not great. I was in this room for about 30 minutes.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Mike
    Jim, so glad to hear you and Linda are unhurt!
    Sorry for your Porsche...
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Thanks for everyone's thoughtful comments about the accident. I wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. We are both fine and (un)fortunately the car is going to be repaired.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    In the Synergistic room they were aggressive sounding. They had no treatment for 1st reflections. Not pleasant.

I went to the CAT room twice but each time I ended up in conversations and can't say that I was able to listen critically.
    Floyd, TAS posted their write up of speakers >$20k from Axpona. Granted Valin is known to wax lyrical where others say "hum", but still interesting. Here is his take of the Synergistic room..

Also on the bottom floor, Ted Denney of Synergistic Research put on a Best of Show-contending exhibit of his UEF/Atmosphere room-treatment system using $38k Magico S5 MkII multiway floorstanders driven by Constellation Audio Revelation Series electronics (Taurus amp and Pictor linestage), all hooked up with Synergistic’s Galileo UEF wiring, ’natch. As was the case with the German Physiks room, this was the best demo of Synergistic Research’s remarkable room-tuning system I’ve heard (outside of my own home)—just wonderful reproduction of space, ambience, timbre, texture, and presence on a Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash duo and on a Walking on the Moon cut with drum, bass and sax. If you have a problem-child listening space, and you haven’t heard what Denney’s UEF/Atmosphere system is capable of, you really ought to.

Just came across this AVShowrooms video discussing various rooms at AXPONA:

https://youtu.be/UtXh-ALl5Ew

Quote Originally Posted by kkfan View Post
    Just came across this AVShowrooms video discussing various rooms at AXPONA:

https://youtu.be/UtXh-ALl5Ew
    LoL

There is a whole thread devoted to this started by Peter B.
    NORMAN

Suncoast is da place with the most!
    haha!! A seven positive emoticon post. Good people on the forums. You're one, Melbguy1.

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    In the Synergistic room they were aggressive sounding. They had no treatment for 1st reflections. Not pleasant.

I went to the CAT room twice but each time I ended up in conversations and can't say that I was able to listen critically.
    Floyd, here are Jason Serinus's Day One comments of the Synergistic/Magico room per Stereophile's Axpona wrap up. Less effusive than Valin's comments, and more balanced I think..

Ted Denney (pictured) of Synergistic Research and Scott Walker of Scott Walker Audio delivered a gorgeous midrange by pair ing Synergistic Research Galileo UEF cabling—including the new Galileo UEF interconnect ($7500) and Galileo UEF USB ($2995)—new Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 UEF SE power conditioner ($5995), and a helluva lot of Synergistic Research system and room acoustic treatment and grounding accoutrements with a Berkeley Alpha DAC Reference series 2 w/Alpha USB module ($19,500—review forthcoming), Baetis Reference 2 server ($14,620), Constellation Pictor preamp ($18,000), Constellation Centaur II power amp ($40,000), and Magico S5 Mk2 loudspeakers ($38,000/pair). The bass seemed a bit overdone and the presentation distinctly dryer and less colorful than that of the magical Jadis/Giya/Stealth combo. It was classic Constellation, which means impeccably controlled and detailed and a bit dark, but it was also very musical and neutral. The big and spacey presentation on a track by HansZimmer was especially engaging.

Floyd, here are Jason Serinus's Day One comments of the Synergistic/Magico room per Stereophile's Axpona wrap up. Less effusive than Valin's comments, and more balanced I think..
    Yup, just goes to show how different people can have different experiences. I might just be sensitive to first reflection distortions, especially at certain volumes.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Audioshark

Things that make you say hmmm.....

Yes, I know the whole story (a friend witnessed the whole thing, I was too busy at the Casino with a bunch of our guys). I've been biting my tongue for the whole week. But since Fremer brought it up...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000858823735
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

LOL
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Any videos of the main event?

The MMA raffle event? BTW , Fremer said it , Video Clown

Audioshark

Be nice. Would love to see a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Axpona 2017 Best Of

There's video of Mike and I flying off the top ropes, WWF STYLE, on Peter and Dave from Magico to get some info on the new speaker release. But I'll never post it...or the answers we got from them Axpona 2017 Best OfAxpona 2017 Best Of

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So, the interesting question is which were the 'tables in question?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Be nice. Would love to see a video.

You would need more Bandwidth if it was ever posted up ...

Audioshark

You would need more Bandwidth if it was ever posted up ...
    It would be rated "R".

I'm sorry I missed the flying Toupe'.

Wait , What ....!!!!

C'mon guys, spill the beans, since Fremer isn't forthcoming with the details

Yes, I know the whole story (a friend witnessed the whole thing, I was too busy at the Casino with a bunch of our guys). I've been biting my tongue for the whole week. But since Fremer brought it up...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000858823735
    A most unedifying performance by all reports by two reviewers who presumably should be mature by their age, and should know better. No matter who the protagonist was, both are to blame for having participated in the argument instead of walking away. The worst of it is, I've just lost respect for both reviewers.

Great thread. Just caught up. Glad to see Aardvark taking thinly veiled swipes at some of us fan bois (why can't he just say boys? hmmm)..... I do love Ayre, but it's not the be all end all. I like Pass too, but not the company. Lot's of great gear, but for the price points Ayre's in, it's really hard to beat if you are a SS person. I can't do tubes anymore. If it was a signal tube or possibly a hybrid, I would, but I don't need to with the AX5/20. Not a commercial, but a great piece. Aard has a problem when he called Ayre directly. I only know Ayre's side and he didn't do what they asked and is pissy over it. nuff said. Great stuff and solid support by Mike and others who sell it.

Power conditioners. I agree totally with what Mike posted about 5 pages back. I just installed the Niagara 1000 strip. It's the perfect size for what I'm doing and the sound is very close the the 5000, just without the extra outlets. If I had the room, I'd have done the 5000 probably.

That leaves me with a Synergistic Research Powercell 10 mk2 Tesla cord to sell. No scratches (that I can see) and it comes with everything from the gloves to the bullets. This has been the only conditioner that I was able to plug my amp into and not have it choked off. I'm not plugging the AX5 into the Niagara, but I've heard amps plugged into the 7000 with Garth and none of use could hear a difference when the amps were drawing max power. I was a bit surprised by that, but the 7000 has a special deal built in just for this purpose. It's a pretty amazing device.

The SR I'm selling is also a great device and for folks who like to change the sound, those bullets really do work. I have no idea what they are doing, but they do warm the sound, neutralize it or add sparkle on top. I just alway kept the neutral one in. I know a few Magico owners who swear there is synergy between SR/Magico. I don't know as I've not heard them together.

I've never been to a show, but I may do this show next year. Seems like you guys have a lot of fun hanging out and listening. I've spoken to some folks who got to wonder the show this year for their first times as they weren't tied down to a room or having to report on 'speakers over 20k', lol. They felt it was an excellent show. Thanks Mike and to the rest of you guys who were there and are sharing.

Any thoughts on the Magico S3kMk2 room with CH Precision electronics? I've been trying to find some feedback on it but, haven't read anything. I believe their sources were the Kronos Pro and Berkeley Reference 2.

Plus the MIT Speaker "Interfaces" they used probably retail close to the speakers themselves.

I'm not sure if I said in my post "S3", I did hear that room and liked the sound a lot.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

The S3 Mk2's got honorable mentions as among the Best in show despite being paired with CH Precision which would not be my first choice for synergy. I think they would have gotten even better sound paired with Vitus, Soulution, Pass, Vac IQ series or CAT. Similarly Constellation wouldn't be my first choice with the S5 Mk2's .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Axpona 2017 Best Of