Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Re: JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...

Yes, the new ones should have the DC servo trap 6Moons spoke of. They said something similar on their website a few weeks ago (including the fact that there was no audible sonic penalty resulting from this), but since they recently updated it, I dont see it anymore...

In any case, I think the first batch is gonna sell out fast, so act quickly...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Thanks Norman
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Can anyone already owning a Job 225 share what speaker termination works best with the plastic Job binding posts? Do normal size spades or bananas work best? The posts in the photos look cheap and my experience is that you have to be careful not to over tighten these kind of posts when using spade connectors or the plastic connectors can strip.

Has anyone replaced the plastic binding posts with something a bit more substantial? Just checking to get prepared for the updated amp. Thanks!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for joining.

The binding posts probably not the best but I never felt like they would snap off or anything. I do use a binding post wrench with fairly heavy duty spades. I have never been worried about the connection and being judicious with tightening everything down makes sense. I will try and find out who offers upgrades on these amps but I have to say the fact that they are so relatively inexpensive and perform superbly is enough for me. The only upgrade I will be doing is the fuse replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by aumacoustics View Post
    Can anyone already owning a Job 225 share what speaker termination works best with the plastic Job binding posts? Do normal size spades or bananas work best? The posts in the photos look cheap and my experience is that you have to be careful not to over tighten these kind of posts when using spade connectors or the plastic connectors can strip.

Has anyone replaced the plastic binding posts with something a bit more substantial? Just checking to get prepared for the updated amp. Thanks!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe
    Thanks for the info.
    "look cheap" That's what I thought about the binding post on the Job 224.
    Need to find Job 225 locally to check it out.
    Trung

If you think you're too small to make a difference, You haven't spent a night with a mosquito.

We are WHALE Sharks

Super Moderator

Hi Trung,

Was there a Job 224? The new amps will need to be purchased from Job/Goldmund direct from Switzerland. Amazon was the intermediary and the shipping was overnight from Switzerland. Even at the new price of $1700, it's still a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFive View Post
    Joe
    Thanks for the info.
    "look cheap" That's what I thought about the binding post on the Job 224.
    Need to find Job 225 locally to check it out.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe
    I mean 225, I need more sleep. or coffee.
    Trung

If you think you're too small to make a difference, You haven't spent a night with a mosquito.

We are WHALE Sharks

Joe,

The first batch of about 50 units are almost ready and they are working on the website. Depending on the success of this product, the preamp will likely be the next development. I am sure from the demand surge, this will be a very successful global launch.

The voltage will be set internally to correspond to the geography of the buyer, so as to avoid opening the case and doing it yourself. It will be switchable later if the amp is changing voltage area, ie US to Europe, for example.

Hopefully, they will provide online info on how they have tweaked this version compared to the last.

Anyway, get ready to act soooooon.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Super Moderator

Great news!

I am very excited to jump in again. Thank you.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Update ! Update ! Update!

My order has been placed and paid for !!!! The first batch has been released. Thank you Job! Good job.
    Last edited by joeinid; October 10, 2013 at 05:42 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe
    Congratulation.
    Trung

We are WHALE Sharks

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HiFive View Post
    Joe
    Congratulation.
    Thanks Trung.

Your amp should be hoked up soon.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Sweeet!

Congrats Joe.
    NORMAN

Haha!!! More amps?? Congrats Joe. !!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Sweeet!

Congrats Joe.
    I got the email this morning at 4am. Bought it at 5am.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    Haha!!! More amps?? Congrats Joe. !!!!
    How can I resist?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Can these be run as mono's Joe?
    Doug

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Can these be run as mono's Joe?
    Not really but I think you can run one channel in each amp to get a little more headroom. If you are not a headbanger, I think one amp will be fine, it is for me. I hope they will be coming out with more variations, maybe monos? Fingers crossed.

NAD C 658 streamer.

....the minute I got the email from JOB ( thankful I'm working behind a computer) I went in and booked a unit.
    I have also today bought the unit Wisnon mentioned the DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core to use as a Pre-Amp, DAC, Room Correction, and EQ
    Bought the Dual Core( second hand) from a High-End fellow that now uses active filters in his speakers.

I do look forward getting my hands on the JOB as wells as the DSPeaker, and connect them between my (tweaked) Sonos and my Anhthony Gallo Reference 3.5's

Super Moderator

Congratulations McChicken!

What's you first name?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Mine is ordered!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Congrats Nils and Mike. Enjoy!!!!
    NORMAN

damn!! i feel left out!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Congratulations McChicken!

What's you first name?
    Hi Joe, First name Nils ( Neil in Swedish...or the other way around)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by McChicken View Post
    Hi Joe, First name Nils ( Neil in Swedish...or the other way around)
    Thanks Nils. Sorry I forgot. Congratulations!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Nils. Sorry I forgot. Congratulations!
    NP Joe...you mean I'm not the only Audio Geek lurking in here.....

OK. I've been lurking too. I ordered a JOB 225 at 8:30AM and already received an email from JOB asking for my phone number for FedEx shipping. I might as well begin posting to get to my 10 post minimum so I can share my impressions with some of you guys so here's post #2. I'm really looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about.

Should be fun

Richard

Audioshark

OK. I've been lurking too. I ordered a JOB 225 at 8:30AM and already received an email from JOB asking for my phone number for FedEx shipping. I might as well begin posting to get to my 10 post minimum so I can share my impressions with some of you guys so here's post #2. I'm really looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about.

Should be fun

Richard
    Welcome Richard! I'm glad you joined!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

already received an email from JOB asking for my phone number for FedEx shipping. . I'm really looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about.
    Richard
    Ouch Richard, you heart my European feelings...Nobody from JOB contacted me...assume you live in USA...if not I'm even hurting more ;-)
    I also am really keen to find out what the fuzz is about. / Nils

I wonder how the new one and the old one would compare ... the added DC blocking circuit may degrade SQ a bit.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Welcome Richard! I'm glad you joined!
    +1

Welcome!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    I wonder how the new one and the old one would compare ... the added DC blocking circuit may degrade SQ a bit.
    I hope it's not noticeable or else I'm going to raid my friends house in the middle of the night and make a swap.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe, don't forget the new torch!

Should be fun

Richard
    Welcome Richard. I await your feedback with baited breath.
    NORMAN

Super Moderator

I have a bunch. It will look like high noon in there Ha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Joe, don't forget the new torch!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Please don't anyone feel like I got special treatment. JOB didn't have my phone # and when we ship FedEx in the US, they like to have the phone # for their drivers. If they had my #, I'm sure I'd be sitting here right now wondering is the JOB company real let alone this amplifier. Must be or there wouldn't be such impressive anticipation. I hope to join in with this group when I get a JOB.

Thanks Norman for getting me on the pre-order list and to Joe for posting early this morning letting us all know that ordering has begun. If it wasn't for their help, I'd be $1,699 richer right now (and I'd still not have a JOB).

LoL

Its real alright. I have been there twice...5 mins drive from home. Last time was yesterday.

The first time i even saw the amps being produced....by HAND!

Next batch being planned and preamp development is likely in the works.
    NORMAN

Norman,

Could you do all of us favor? If you are 5 minutes away, could you go over to their place soon and at least take some digital photos (to share on the forum) of the outside of the building and inside (as far as they'll let you go)? That would be real fun and help those of us across the big pond to better connect with Goldmund/JOB. I'd sure like to have more info about them. Goldmund is easier since there's plenty of info on the net. JOB, however, is still a big mystery to me. Kind of like a rouge group that is operating undercover.

Super Moderator

Richard,

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised and, I think, blown away, with the Job 225.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Amps sold out!!!

That is like in ONE DAY.

I TOLD YOU GUYS.

The good news..they are already planning batch number 2 and the next development will be a preamp. I hope to get more info if/when they invite me to do a Geneva local perspective audio piece for a webzine.

Going direct is just a part of the story of why the price is affordable. The Goldmund equivalent amps have expensive chassis, ~60% of the BOM costs, more tech, mechanical/magnetic grounding and better isolation, as well as gucci parts like binding posts. Further, Goldmund pays for advertsing, JOB will be NOT have such a budget and will depend on word of mouth. Everything about JOB is cost conscious as it appeals to a different clientele. Job is trikle down Goldmund tech.
    NORMAN

Norman,

Could you do all of us favor? If you are 5 minutes away, could you go over to their place soon and at least take some digital photos (to share on the forum) of the outside of the building and inside (as far as they'll let you go)? That would be real fun and help those of us across the big pond to better connect with Goldmund/JOB. I'd sure like to have more info about them. Goldmund is easier since there's plenty of info on the net. JOB, however, is still a big mystery to me. Kind of like a rouge group that is operating undercover.
    Hi Richard,

Goldmund is a rather private and discreet firm and I would not want to overstep boundaries. Bob can confirm this. I will rather wait for an official invitation to do a feature webzine article on them from a Geneva-local perspective. I hope you understand.
    NORMAN

Hi Richard,

Goldmund is a rather private and discreet firm and I would not want to overstep boundaries. Bob can confirm this. I will rather wait for an official invitation to do a feature webzine article on them from a Geneva-local perspective. I hope you understand.
    Norman,

Ask Antonio and see what he says, they might not have a problem with a few pics, it is a very nice facility.....and take a pic of the Ferrari dealership which is right across the street!

Super Moderator

Wow!

That's good and bad news. Congratulations to those who ordered.

Amps sold out!!!

That is like in ONE DAY.

I TOLD YOU GUYS.

The good news..they are already planning batch number 2 and the next development will be a preamp. I hope to get more info if/when they invite me to do a Geneva local perspective audio piece for a webzine.

Going direct is just a part of the story of why the price is affordable. The Goldmund equivalent amps have expensive chassis, ~60% of the BOM costs, more tech, mechanical/magnetic grounding and better isolation, as well as gucci parts like binding posts. Further, Goldmund pays for advertsing, JOB will be NOT have such a budget and will depend on word of mouth. Everything about JOB is cost conscious as it appeals to a different clientele. Job is trikle down Goldmund tech.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'm right now in limbo...was able to order and have got some sort of confirmation from JOB with a eBay FedEx tracking #...however the number is not legit. Don't hope that somebody else got my JOB...Really have been looking forward to also go GaGa

Super Moderator

Mine gets delivered on Monday

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Hi Nils

You could try emailing the address of the Job employee in the ebay receipt and confirm the tracking number. I assume that your address is correct.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by McChicken View Post
    I'm right now in limbo...was able to order and have got some sort of confirmation from JOB with a eBay FedEx tracking #...however the number is not legit. Don't hope that somebody else got my JOB...Really have been looking forward to also go GaGa

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Nils

You could try emailing the address of the Job employee in the ebay receipt and confirm the tracking number. I assume that your address is correct.

Joe
    Thanks Joe, already did...and the first provided email din't work but I've got a previous email from a JOB / Goldmund employee that I forwarded my email with the non-working tracking #

Nils it SHOULD be OK. Fwd me the email and I will see what I can do...
    NORMAN

Hi Nils,

Don't worry. My amp should have been shipped Thursday with a Monday receipt. However, I had to send JOB my email address 3 times. They obviously have their hands full. As a result I lost a day and I got an email from them Friday as follows:

Dear Richard,

sorry if we missed it. It will be shipped out on Monday.

Have a wonderful week end.

JOB Electronics.

I later received my FedEx tracking # and when I click on it, it shows no record for the tracking #. This is normal since the tracking # won't be active until the package enters the FedEx system. Right now, I'll bet the package is at Goldmund/JOB and will be picked up by FedEx on Monday. Once it's in the system, the tracking # will become active and you'll see it in the FedEx system. For now, I'll bet your package is sitting there with mine waiting for the weekend to be over.

Waiting is part of the game, unfortunately

Have fun,
    Richard

Yes, I feel they are a bit overwhelmed!

They are not setup for this kind of volume and I think you need to bear with them a bit.
    NORMAN

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

JOB 225 2-channel Power Amplifier ... update ...