Headphone amp - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Headphone amp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headphone amp

Yes I do, but it is not really a fair comparison. The Bryston is about three times the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Well the Woo was/is a very nice amp. A friend of mine is using it. This is his entry back into this crazy hobby. He is enjoying tube rolling ...

I got as Bryston headphone amp and recently replaced the Sennheiser cans with a pair of MrSpeakers Ethers. They are one of the few headphones that I felt are as comfortable as the Sennheiser, but I liked the sound better.
    Love my Mr Speakers
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

3. Likes Randy Myers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At a $2K budget the Bryston falls into the same price category as the Sennheiser (which does include a DAC) the Schitt (Gumby multi and Moli2 combo) , and the Woo WA22 (no DAC) which I am considering.

May need to take a good look at the Bryston as I have been very impressed with their speakers.
    McIntosh/Bryston/SimAudio, Woo Audio and Sennheiser stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently using a Pathos Aurium here. Have not really compared it with it's current-day competition but I am happy with it - it's dead quiet, drives anything, has adjustable gain and impedance, selectable XLR and RCA inputs (but no balanced output.) Using it with Senn HD650's, Denon D7000's, and Focal Elear, works great with them all.
    Main system: PS Audio P5, CAPS server w/HDPlex power supply, Hegel H160, AQ Colorado and Rocket 44, Vandersteen Treos, PS Audio DS DAC. NAD M4 tuner, Mcintosh MR74. Analog: Bryston BLP1, Ortofon Quintet Black, customized Tavish Adagio phono pre. AudioSensibility Statement interconnects. Rythmik Audio 15-inch sub. Other stuff: Sequerra Met 7's (original) Met 7 MK. II, REL Q108, Berning ea-230's, Micro Seiki BL51 with Grace and Rega arms. Too much else to list, I am gonna leave a heck of a pile of stuff when I die.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayNudel View Post
    Currently using a Pathos Aurium here. Have not really compared it with it's current-day competition but I am happy with it - it's dead quiet, drives anything, has adjustable gain and impedance, selectable XLR and RCA inputs (but no balanced output.) Using it with Senn HD650's, Denon D7000's, and Focal Elear, works great with them all.
    I had a chance to borrow the Pathos, what an awesome sounding headphone amp. It drove LCD-3s, MR Speaker Ether Flows C with ease.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

..and it has a solid state output stage with a nice low output impedance, so no weirdness driving very low-impedance phones.
    Main system: PS Audio P5, CAPS server w/HDPlex power supply, Hegel H160, AQ Colorado and Rocket 44, Vandersteen Treos, PS Audio DS DAC. NAD M4 tuner, Mcintosh MR74. Analog: Bryston BLP1, Ortofon Quintet Black, customized Tavish Adagio phono pre. AudioSensibility Statement interconnects. Rythmik Audio 15-inch sub. Other stuff: Sequerra Met 7's (original) Met 7 MK. II, REL Q108, Berning ea-230's, Micro Seiki BL51 with Grace and Rega arms. Too much else to list, I am gonna leave a heck of a pile of stuff when I die.

8. Likes CPP liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3