Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Banned

Audience Next-Generation powerChord Models

the following is a press release issued by Audience.
    San Marcos, CA | March 14, 2017 - Audience announced the introduction of its Au24 SX power Chord, Au24 SE-i powerChord and powerChord SE-i, three ultimate-quality AC power cords that incorporate the company's latest materials and engineering advancements to enable extraordinary levels of sonic improvement in high-performance audio systems.

The all-new top of the line Au24 SX powerChord represents the culmination of 20 years of Audience's experience in high-end power cord design. It is created to be nothing less than the ultimate AC power cord. Audience president John McDonald and the late Audience engineer Roger Sheker spent a full year developing and testing various configurations of this wire until determining its final configuration.

The Au24 SX utilizes newly designed internal wire made from 6-nines-pure OCC copper. Two 13 AWG wires per leg are used in the 10 AWG Au24 SX powerChord. In a departure from previous Audience designs, the Au24SX features shielded construction. "Historically Audience found that shielding power cords resulted in restricted dynamics," said John McDonald, president of Audience. "However, in the new Au24 SX we obtained the best sonic result by using a shielded design but shielding the ground leg only."

Each of the power cord's two ground wires is separately shielded and hand-wrapped with Teflon. The Au24 SX powerChord is insulated with the highest-quality XLPE (cross-linked polyethylene) dielectric material available. The Au24 SX is terminated with the Furutech Pure Transmission Fi-50M NCF Piezo Ceramic AC connector, chosen for its sonic superiority and exceptional build quality.

"With the Au24 SX in an audio system, the sound it facilitates is remarkably dynamic and musically compelling, with unparalleled harmonic resolution and rhythmic integrity," noted McDonald. "The improvement the Au24 SX can make in a high-performance audio system is not subtle - in fact, it's on the same level as what one of our Adept Response power conditioners can provide."

The Au24 SE-i powerChord is an evolution of the award-winning Au24 and Au24 SE powerChords. It has been upgraded with Audience's all-new, proprietary power cord connectors, which provide a more refined and smoother musical presentation. All previous Audience Au24 SE and Au24 powerChords can be upgraded to the latest Au24 SE-i version.

Audience's new powerChord SE-iis an improved version of the time-proven standard powerChord. Its six-conductor geometry has been reconfigured, resulting in a much more spacious sonic presentation with greater solidity of vocals and instruments on a wider and deeper soundstage.

All three new powerChords are designed to eliminate or reduce the traditional weak points of conventional power cords: more often than not, power cords will behave in a reactive manner and introduce capacitance, inductance and resistance into the electron flow, which will compromise the interface between the component and the power source. The Au24 SX, Au24 SE-i and SE-i feature a high-current, low impedance, wide bandwidth design for fast response, accurate reproduction of macro and micro dynamics, articulate bass, superior imaging, exceptional harmonic integrity, lower background noise and additional sonic benefits.

The new Audience Au24 SX powerChord, Au24 SE-i powerChord and powerChord SE-i AC power cords are currently available. The 6-foot Au24SX 10 AWG powerChord carries a suggested retail price of $4,600, +/- $180 per foot. If purchased as an option with any Audience Adept Response power conditioner (in place of the standard powerChord SE-i usually supplied), the optional upgrade price is $4,200.

The powerChord Au24 SX MP 13 AWG medium-power version powerChord (for use in audio components that require up to 150 watts of power) is available at $3,500 suggested retail for a 6-foot power cord, +/- $150 per foot.
    A 6-foot Au24 SE-i powerChord has a suggested retail price of $2,560, +/- $150 per foot. The powerChord SE-I is available at $915 suggested retail for a 6-foot length, +/- $30 per foot.

All previous Audience Au24 SE and Au24 powerChords can be upgraded to any of the latest Au24 SE-i versions.

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Audience Next-Generation powerChord Models

The Furutech NCF gear is truly something special. I'm using a few different combinations with great results. Pricing is a bit astronomical on the Audience.
    Just a thought…
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Audience Next-Generation powerChord Models