Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Computer speaker

I have plan to buy a new computer speaker with in $500 budget. Now I interested in B&W mm-1 and Bose companion5, if have other option please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Computer speaker

Hi Putterac!

Welcome to AudioShark.
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

I like my BOSE!! companion 5 More than good enough for me
    Paul

Audioengine A5+. Damn good for $399, and IMHO, owning the A5+ and having heard the Companion 5, there is no contest whatsoever in sound quality.
    Roon NUC, Lumin X1 & L1, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-R Twenty, Sonus Faber Olympica III, RAAL SR1a & HSA-1b
    Audience Au24-SX interconnects & Zenwave SSR-11 speaker cables, Sablon Gran Corona & Zenwave PSR-11 power cords. Shunyata Everest 8000.
    Adona Zero GXT, SRA, Symposium, & Stillpoints isolation
    , RPG, ASC, & Real Traps room treatment

Bob

I've got experience with both the Audioengine A2+ and A5+ as well as the B&W MM-1 and JBL LSR 305 as I've bought these for some of my kids at one time or another and spent some time listening to them. Haven't heard the Bose.

The A2's and MM-1's are obviously smaller and depending on real estate might be all your desktop can handle. For the price the A2+ are hard to beat and work well even close to a wall. The MM-1's are also small but much pricier and need some space.

When you move up to the cost of all the bigger speakers there's lots of competition from companies like Genelec, KRK, M-tech--I've only hear these briefly.

If you want a slightly warmer, fuller sound then Audioengine or B&W. The JBLs are pretty much neutral, as you might expect from a true studio monitor.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

I agree with the JBL's on being neutral. I have several friends with home studio pc setups and they all agree on liking the JBL's for their True balance and sound. I have another friend that have used M Audio speakers for several years now but is looking at the JBL after hearing them at the local music store. The JBL seem really good in their price category and if you go above that price range then the choices start widening in the powered monitor world
    System:
    (2-channel)>Nuforce P-8 preamp>Pass Labs X150.5 Power Amp >Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S main speakers>Custom Built sealed sub for low end>Modified Dell i660 pc with Fidelizer for digital music source>PS Audio NuWave DAC
    (Theater)
    Marantz Pre processor>Adcom 545II rear channel power amp
    >Crown XLS1000 power amp for theater sub>Modified JBL sub for theater

Just recently bought the Emotiva Airmotiv 4S powered speakers? Very impressed with how they sound on my computer rig.
    1: JRiver , Xonar Essence STX & PC, Emotiva Airmotiv 4S
    2: Roon, Lumin U1 Mini, Chord Qutest, Naim Supernait 3, Audiolab 8200CD, ELAC FS247, Sennheiser HD650, Little Dot MkV

I recently made the move to downsize from my home pc to a high end HP laptop computer & portable bluray optical drive, paired with my cordless keyboard, mouse & wifi-enabled printer for home use. So my Samsung monitor & high performance parts in my pc are going up for sale. I then had a think whether I want to keep my Logitech Z4 speaker/sub combo & decided it didn't fit with my goal to minimize clutter and maximize portability. Decision: Sell my Z4's. In their place I plan to buy a pair of Hifiman Edition X V2 cans & a Logitech Dragonfly Red USB dac/amp. It should be a very good setup when it's all in place!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Computer speaker