Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

Does anyone use these or similar devices? I have padded carpet over concrete and have always found spikes that penetrate the carpet and padding are definitely better than flat feet. But I have never tried any product like this. My speakers are Quad ESL-2805s.

http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/gaia-series/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

I just re-shoe my sopra with them in about a month or so

Another good stuff for your bucks i would say, image more focus , mid bass lush and tighter compare to the original spike.

I don't have carpet underneath, just a ceramic concrete tiles. Yet have a chance to try other brands too though

Hope it helps
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G)
    Lumin A1
    Accuphase E600 - Accuphase C37
    Focal Sopra#2
    Ansuz Accoustic (D8,Dtc,diamond,ceramic) - ASI Ref. Liveline

3. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Milk_vanilla View Post
    I just re-shoe my sopra with them in about a month or so

Another good stuff for your bucks i would say, image more focus , mid bass lush and tighter compare to the original spike.

I don't have carpet underneath, just a ceramic concrete tiles. Yet have a chance to try other brands too though

Hope it helps
    Thanks Jesse. Were the spikes resting on cups before?

Post Thanks / Like

Pleasure,

Cup = Spike base? Yes they were.
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G)
    Lumin A1
    Accuphase E600 - Accuphase C37
    Focal Sopra#2
    Ansuz Accoustic (D8,Dtc,diamond,ceramic) - ASI Ref. Liveline

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a set of Isoacoustics for my 4367's. The spikes are a bit short and I have thick carpet over concrete, and, at the time I thought raising the speakers up a bit could be good.

People raved about these things. I absolutely could not stand the effect, I found no good from them. To me the music became gutless and I can only describe the sound as similar to speakers being very apparently out of phase. I honestly didn't want to listen to my system when the stands were used.

In case it could make a difference the bottom of my speaker where you screw in the spikes is not flush with the cabinet, so a square piece of wood was custom made with a hole, once the wood fit over the part not flush, it became a flush area for the Iso's rubber cup to meet the speaker cabinet. Without the piece to make a flush area the stands couldn't be used. I really can't see how this would make any difference, but, who knows.
    Mark Levinson #512 & 532h, Pass Labs XP10, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003/BD7003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30, SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering

7. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello
    I have a pair of Gaias 3 Under my audiophysics virgo 25
    When I had them , I was surprised that it was some sorbothane like material Under the metal enclosure
    However , I can only vouch for them
    My speakers do not sound the same , better may be , but it's a question of taste
    4 weeks have gone , since installation , and I am keeping them
    Have a demo at home .. may be it can suit
    Cheers

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Crystal Cable, ELAC, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Small Green Computer Company, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Tellurium Q Cables, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WyWyres Cables, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

10. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post