Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

Does anyone use these or similar devices? I have padded carpet over concrete and have always found spikes that penetrate the carpet and padding are definitely better than flat feet. But I have never tried any product like this. My speakers are Quad ESL-2805s.

http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/gaia-series/

Re: Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

I just re-shoe my sopra with them in about a month or so

Another good stuff for your bucks i would say, image more focus , mid bass lush and tighter compare to the original spike.

I don't have carpet underneath, just a ceramic concrete tiles. Yet have a chance to try other brands too though

Hope it helps
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

Quote Originally Posted by Milk_vanilla View Post
    I just re-shoe my sopra with them in about a month or so

Another good stuff for your bucks i would say, image more focus , mid bass lush and tighter compare to the original spike.

I don't have carpet underneath, just a ceramic concrete tiles. Yet have a chance to try other brands too though

Hope it helps
    Thanks Jesse. Were the spikes resting on cups before?

Pleasure,

Cup = Spike base? Yes they were.
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

I tried a set of Isoacoustics for my 4367's. The spikes are a bit short and I have thick carpet over concrete, and, at the time I thought raising the speakers up a bit could be good.

People raved about these things. I absolutely could not stand the effect, I found no good from them. To me the music became gutless and I can only describe the sound as similar to speakers being very apparently out of phase. I honestly didn't want to listen to my system when the stands were used.

In case it could make a difference the bottom of my speaker where you screw in the spikes is not flush with the cabinet, so a square piece of wood was custom made with a hole, once the wood fit over the part not flush, it became a flush area for the Iso's rubber cup to meet the speaker cabinet. Without the piece to make a flush area the stands couldn't be used. I really can't see how this would make any difference, but, who knows.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Hello
    I have a pair of Gaias 3 Under my audiophysics virgo 25
    When I had them , I was surprised that it was some sorbothane like material Under the metal enclosure
    However , I can only vouch for them
    My speakers do not sound the same , better may be , but it's a question of taste
    4 weeks have gone , since installation , and I am keeping them
    Have a demo at home .. may be it can suit
    Cheers

Audioshark

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

got some iso pucks today to put under some standmounts , be intersting to see what they do .

solidly made and grip the speaker well and a good alternative to blu tac !!

http://www.isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I tried a set of Isoacoustics for my 4367's. The spikes are a bit short and I have thick carpet over concrete, and, at the time I thought raising the speakers up a bit could be good.

People raved about these things. I absolutely could not stand the effect, I found no good from them. To me the music became gutless and I can only describe the sound as similar to speakers being very apparently out of phase. I honestly didn't want to listen to my system when the stands were used.

In case it could make a difference the bottom of my speaker where you screw in the spikes is not flush with the cabinet, so a square piece of wood was custom made with a hole, once the wood fit over the part not flush, it became a flush area for the Iso's rubber cup to meet the speaker cabinet. Without the piece to make a flush area the stands couldn't be used. I really can't see how this would make any difference, but, who knows.
    Were you using one of the GAIA products with carpet spike bases or another IsoAcoustics product? The GAIA speaker isolators by themselves don't have spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Were you using one of the GAIA products with carpet spike bases or another IsoAcoustics product? The GAIA speaker isolators by themselves don't have spikes.
    These are for GAIAs. The spikes are short.

Scroll down on the products page:

http://www.isoacoustics.com/products...series/gaia-i/

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-J9g68K...t-Spikes.html?

If memory serves the stands I tried had like rubber that went against the speaker and the same on the side that went against the floor. I say stands but they only raised the speaker about 5 to 6 inches.

The experience baffles me, only because I see so much positive comment on these things. I'd say it was the size of my speakers but they make them for B&W and other large models as well.

Just as a side note, the floating of a speaker goes against the norm, sort of the opposite of spikes. And, what's with the need of all that internal bracing if the speaker will just float?

I keep open mind though, at one time I couldn't imagine how an upgraded power cord could make any difference, amongst other ear opening events.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

I believe the basic physics behind the GAIAs and similar offerings, some quite pricey (e.g., Magico MPODs & SPODs), is based on "constraint-layer damping."
    www.sciencebuddies.org

Constrained-layer damping is a mechanical engineering technique for suppression of vibration. Typically a viscoelastic or other damping material, is sandwiched between two sheets of stiff materials that lack sufficient damping by themselves.

Constrained-layer damping - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constrained-layer_damping

I believe the basic physics behind the GAIAs and similar offerings, some quite pricey (e.g., Magico MPODs & SPODs), is based on "constraint-layer damping."
    www.sciencebuddies.org

Constrained-layer damping is a mechanical engineering technique for suppression of vibration. Typically a viscoelastic or other damping material, is sandwiched between two sheets of stiff materials that lack sufficient damping by themselves.

Constrained-layer damping - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constrained-layer_damping

Actually the GAIAs are designed to move back and forth front to back. Therefore the instructions to always place the logo facing the front. I do not know or understand all the details but I think it has to do with countering the force of the drivers. I got that information from a representative of the distributor.

From the website:
    "GAIA provides a high degree of isolation while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain alignment with the listening position. Internal reflections from the hard-supporting surface are attenuated resulting in greater sound clarity and openness."

Effective or not? Every isolation device I have ever tried had some "magic" formula. Most are sitting in my junk drawer. But some worked very well but not in every application. What I learned is the only way to know for sure is to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    If memory serves the stands I tried had like rubber that went against the speaker and the same on the side that went against the floor. I say stands but they only raised the speaker about 5 to 6 inches.

The experience baffles me, only because I see so much positive comment on these things. I'd say it was the size of my speakers but they make them for B&W and other large models as well.

Just as a side note, the floating of a speaker goes against the norm, sort of the opposite of spikes. And, what's with the need of all that internal bracing if the speaker will just float?

I keep open mind though, at one time I couldn't imagine how an upgraded power cord could make any difference, amongst other ear opening events.
    Sounds like you had something like the ISO-L8R series stands and not the GAIA threaded footer, which is an entirely different product. For me the effect of the GAIAs was very positive on my JBLs.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

the iso pucks i put under the standmounts clearly improved imaging quite a bit and gave them more `body` and most certainly made a difference . a very flexible option . they hold 9kg each so i guess you might be able put them under a modest floorstander as well . but standmounts or monitor is what they are designed for
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Rantz, you are correct, I had a stand type thing, not threaded feet.

This description is exactly what the stand I had was supposed to do. As I mentioned the theory defies logic to me knowing how a driver in a cabinet works. Allowing the cabinet to float would seem to allow enursha, keeping the driver from stopping and starting accurately smearing sound. The amp is supposed to control the driver, on the stands is like steadying jello.

My speakers are currently using their own spikes and sit on fairly plush carpet over concrete. I wonder if the feet would do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Actually the GAIAs are designed to move back and forth front to back. Therefore the instructions to always place the logo facing the front. I do not know or understand all the details but I think it has to do with countering the force of the drivers. I got that information from a representative of the distributor.

From the website:
    "GAIA provides a high degree of isolation while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain alignment with the listening position. Internal reflections from the hard-supporting surface are attenuated resulting in greater sound clarity and openness."

Effective or not? Every isolation device I have ever tried had some "magic" formula. Most are sitting in my junk drawer. But some worked very well but not in every application. What I learned is the only way to know for sure is to try.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

I think different type of speakers require different kinds of footers. Have not tried the Gaias but tried Stillpoints at some point and felt they muddled up the sound (made it more lush, but less precise).

Back on good ‘ol spikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I think different type of speakers require different kinds of footers. Have not tried the Gaias but tried Stillpoints at some point and felt they muddled up the sound (made it more lush, but less precise).

Back on good ‘ol spikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I tried Stillpoints under my speakers as well and didn't like the results.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

I’ve been thinking about putting some pucks under my center channel for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

I'm using Stillpoints Ultra 5's on my speakers and they changed the presentation of sound, which required alterations to the setup of my speakers. But, it was a definite improvement. I definitely wouldn't say the sound got more lush. The sound spread out and got thinner in my system. But adjusting the speakers for this wound up being an improvement in focus and tone. I had upgraded from Stillpoints Ultra SS.
    My floor is hardwood and not particularly sturdy or even. I'm not sure that Stillpoints are the best choice for my floor, but I did get an noticeable improvement from them.

I have threaded inserts for my speakers on the way to audition the Gaia I footers on my speakers to see what they bring to the table (or the floor).
    I'll let post my comparisons versus the Stillpoints Ultra 5 after the inserts arrive and I spend some time listening and adjusting my speakers if needed.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    I tried Stillpoints under my speakers as well and didn't like the results.

Rance,

What speakers and what type of flooring?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Rance,

What speakers and what type of flooring?
    At the time I tried the Stillpoints I had some Legacy Focus SE speakers. Tried them on both concrete and carpet. As I recall, the sound seemed to lack some dimensionality on both surfaces.
    Rance

At the time I tried the Stillpoints I had some Legacy Focus SE speakers. Tried them on both concrete and carpet. As I recall, the sound seemed to lack some dimensionality on both surfaces.
    Hi I am thinking of buying a set of the Gaia 1 for my 4365. May I ask what is the thread size of your 4367 ? I am not sure if the thread size of the 4365 and 4367 is similar, I believe the Gaia 1 comes with 3 different sizes of screws? which one did you use on your JBL?

Thanks

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazerang View Post
    Hi I am thinking of buying a set of the Gaia 1 for my 4365. May I ask what is the thread size of your 4367 ? I am not sure if the thread size of the 4365 and 4367 is similar, I believe the Gaia 1 comes with 3 different sizes of screws? which one did you use on your JBL?

Thanks
    I'm sorry, I honestly don't know for certain the exact thread size...only that one the sizes of adapters in the kit was the exact size for the 4367s. (For some reason I 'm thinking M12, but this could be wrong.)

You would probably need to check with JBL to find out the exact thread size for your 4365s.
    Rance

I'm sorry, I honestly don't know for certain the exact thread size...only that one the sizes of adapters in the kit was the exact size for the 4367s. (For some reason I 'm thinking M12, but this could be wrong.)

You would probably need to check with JBL to find out the exact thread size for your 4365s.
    Thanks, I think you could be right on the M12 thread size.

JBL informed me the thread size is 1/4'' - 20, but I found them to be small. Even the M8 is too small for the 4365. I believe, 4365 and 4367 shares the same footer size, i.e. M12. Can you look into your unused threads that came with the Gaia 1 package? if only the "smaller" thread screws remains, that M12 is the one underneath your 4367 now

Thanks, I think you could be right on the M12 thread size.

JBL informed me the thread size is 1/4'' - 20, but I found them to be small. Even the M8 is too small for the 4365. I believe, 4365 and 4367 shares the same footer size, i.e. M12. Can you look into your unused threads that came with the Gaia 1 package? if only the "smaller" thread screws remains, that M12 is the one underneath your 4367 now
    I am using the largest of the supplied three sets of adapters. According to the Gaia product infomation sheet this would in fact be the M12 thread size.
    Rance

I am using the largest of the supplied three sets of adapters. According to the Gaia product infomation sheet this would in fact be the M12 thread size.
    Many thanks for the information, I shall proceed to buy the footers

Isoacoustics Orea footers under any gear it woks so good specially my holo spring 3 DAC and Allnic H3000 phonostage. It was so dramatically almost kind of upgrade cables or power conditioner.

Many thanks for the information, I shall proceed to buy the footers
    I have installed the Gaia 1 footers onto my JBL 4365
    I got to say that the improvement in the sound department is significant and the cost of upgrade is well worth it.

Hi All,

While this article began as a quest of sort for digital cables, my last two post says it all:

https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/ca...17/174439.html

These footers to me made me realize only a few more items are needed in my system, at which point I not longer feel the need to pursue slight tonal shadings of this or that newest greatest gear, but instead makes me more forced upon my music collection, and only adding more to it.

While my system isn't as costly as some of the ones here, I've taken all of 9 years in gaining insight into how to voice it via Cables or tweaks to suit " my ears | senses " in such a manner, I simply have come to realize my quest has indeed reached its end......., as it's good enough for me.

Be well,

_o scar

Banned

Try the less expensive AV Room Service EVP footers. Jim Smith of Get Better Sound reported a significant improvement, primarily with his subs but also speakers and other components.

There is a review at Positive Feedback (i don't have enough posts to provide the link).

Bumping an old thread.

I am using the Gaia ii in my setup and just like most reviews have stated, the change is immediate. I did always think to myself from day one with just an amp, my setup sounded veiled and still somewhat muddy (but cant say i didnt like the extra oomph) only since i had to turn up the volume to break thru it. Along the way, i did so many little things to remove veiling amongst other things...(always had a volume bias to the right side so my stage always veered towards that direction forcing me to keep moving my head to find the middle - very annoying.

The Gaia ii helped since my speakers were on the stock rubber feet sitting on wood floors. I get the concept of a ‘floating’ speaker and to my ears, this is what i am hearing over not having the gaia ii. I can start to appreciate the enclosure and how solid it is. My 702s are not the end all by any means...but most of the R&D for many speakers come at the cost of the enclosure.

To mr peabody’s point though...a lot of these ‘solutions’ to making your system sound better does gravitate to sound like they’re affecting the phase. When I changed my power cord, it did just that, sounded so wide and three dimensional but it almost seems like the crossovers were raised to 160Mhz and i would lose all bottom end - wasn’t to my liking.

I do like what the gaia ii is doing to my system overall. They are staying. The fact that it isn’t part of the electronic/photon chain refrains me from thinking i didnt spend enough to get the most sound (Gaia ii are not cheap!).

Main Room: Fleetwood Sound Co. Deville SQ < Bakoon AMP-51R | < Mola Mola Tambaqui < Grimm Audio MU1
    >>>BACCH-SP adio
    Loft: Apple HomePod Mini

I have Gaia II for my Paradigm S6 and they are impressive.. very good and great improvement.

I´ve discovered them for my friend Andyk who use Gaia I in his Proac speakers with very good results too.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fer1000; February 11, 2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typing mistake
    McIntosh C302 + C2600 - Lumin A1 - Lenco L75 - Marantz SR6007 - Paradigm S6 - Gaia II - Chord Epic Twin Speaker Cable + Jumpers - Bada LB5500

These are interesting that i may want to experiment with my components
    [QUOTE=Vinyl Valet;279354]Now I do. /QUOTE]

Main Room: Fleetwood Sound Co. Deville SQ < Bakoon AMP-51R | < Mola Mola Tambaqui < Grimm Audio MU1
    >>>BACCH-SP adio

Fer1000, curious why you would have granite slabs underneath the speakers while using the IsoAcoustics on the speakers as well. Would the IsoAcoustics not be sufficient for some level of isolation from the hardwood floor already?

Grubble the Isoacoustics are sufficient enough...

I´ve just included the granite because it makes them more beautifull more imponent in the general picture let say.
    McIntosh C302 + C2600 - Lumin A1 - Lenco L75 - Marantz SR6007 - Paradigm S6 - Gaia II - Chord Epic Twin Speaker Cable + Jumpers - Bada LB5500

Replaced my Stillpoints Ultra SS with Gaia II under my YG Acoustics Carmels. Sitting on padded berber carpet over concrete. Tightened my bass and improved both image and soundstage...albeit slightly. Moved the Stillpoints under my Music Server, so this may have also contributed.
    Two Channel
    YG Acoustics Carmel, REL S/3 (pair); Bricasti M25 / M20 / M1 Limited Gold, Laufer Teknik Memory Player 64 32 Core; Nordost QB8mkII / QX1 / QV2 / QKore3; Echole Obsession XLR, Liquid Cables by Laufer Teknik speaker/USB/power, Stealth Audio Sextet V15T AES/EBU cable; Stillpoints Apertures and various Artnovion; IsoAcoustic Gaia II speaker footers and Stillpoints Ultra SS; Shun Mook discs; Audiav Zirconia rack

Home Theater

Revel Performa I30, I20, C32, B15a; NAD Masters M17 pre/pro, Lexicon LX-7 amp, Cambridge Audio CXUHD, BluSound Vault II; PSAudio PowerDirector 3.5; Transparent power and interconnect cables, AudioQuest speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by ptman View Post
    Replaced my Stillpoints Ultra SS with Gaia II under my YG Acoustics Carmels. Sitting on padded berber carpet over concrete. Tightened my bass and improved both image and soundstage...albeit slightly. Moved the Stillpoints under my Music Server, so this may have also contributed.
    ptman, Did you use the spiked cups under the GAIAs?

I just put them directly on the carpet. In fact, they're on a Persian rug on top of the carpet. Work well.
    Two Channel
    YG Acoustics Carmel, REL S/3 (pair); Bricasti M25 / M20 / M1 Limited Gold, Laufer Teknik Memory Player 64 32 Core; Nordost QB8mkII / QX1 / QV2 / QKore3; Echole Obsession XLR, Liquid Cables by Laufer Teknik speaker/USB/power, Stealth Audio Sextet V15T AES/EBU cable; Stillpoints Apertures and various Artnovion; IsoAcoustic Gaia II speaker footers and Stillpoints Ultra SS; Shun Mook discs; Audiav Zirconia rack

Home Theater

Revel Performa I30, I20, C32, B15a; NAD Masters M17 pre/pro, Lexicon LX-7 amp, Cambridge Audio CXUHD, BluSound Vault II; PSAudio PowerDirector 3.5; Transparent power and interconnect cables, AudioQuest speaker cables

I replaced SVS isolation feet under ATC SCM19A actives on berber carpet with Gaia III's and the sound just opened up in every way, bottom to top. Saying that, someone posted elsewhere about the Arya Audio Labs Revopods being seriously better -- https://www.arya-audio.com/revopod. But they are made in the UK and by the time they get to U.S. retail the price is around $2K for a set of eight.
    Lampizator Atlantic TRP dac, Supratek Chardonnay preamp, Ric Schulz modified Oppo 203, ATC SCM19A active speakers, PS Audio PowerBase, P15 Regenerator AC-12 power cords, AV Roomservice EVPs, MG Audio AG2 XLR/RCA ICs, Purist Audio Design Neptune S/PDIF & HDMI cables, iFi S/PDIF Purifier w/ Paul Hynes SR4 LPS, SR Orange fuses, Furutech GTX-D (R) outlet, Samsung F8000 HDTV, Audioquest Carbon HDMI cable, CATV with Tii-220 cable filter, JL Audio e-110 subs in waiting.
    Desktop: Quad 12L active speakers, RAC ICs, Synergistic Research Black fuses

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    I replaced SVS isolation feet under ATC SCM19A actives on berber carpet with Gaia III's and the sound just opened up in every way, bottom to top. Saying that, someone posted elsewhere about the Arya Audio Labs Revopods being seriously better -- https://www.arya-audio.com/revopod. But they are made in the UK and by the time they get to U.S. retail the price is around $2K for a set of eight.
    Those look nice too. I bet they don’t have the finicky locking nut issue as the Gaia’s. that said , they’re not going anywhere.

>>>BACCH-SP adio

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    ... Arya Audio Labs Revopods...https://www.arya-audio.com/revopod.
    Seeing the interior I think it is a very clever and interesting solution.
    I bet they work properly!

Great comparison video just streamed here in Australia: https://youtu.be/k-WlxTeqvRs
    Wilson Audio Alexia + Mezzo | Dan D'Agostino Momentum PRE & S250 | Esoteric P02x & D02x | Torus AVR2-16 | Marantz AV8805 | Panasonic UB9000 | Bryston 7B3 & 9BSST2 | ScreenTechnics 125" 2.37 Screen | JVC X7900 | Krix A20 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2)

Thanks. There was also one posted on YT from a show last year. By coincidence, a review of JL Audio’s Fathom subs was just published in StereoNet out of Australia, and the reviewer used spikes and rubber feet instead of something like Gaias or a platform, and thus got exactly what one would expect: slower and not as clear as smaller subs.
    Lampizator Atlantic TRP dac, Supratek Chardonnay preamp, Ric Schulz modified Oppo 203, ATC SCM19A active speakers, PS Audio PowerBase, P15 Regenerator AC-12 power cords, AV Roomservice EVPs, MG Audio AG2 XLR/RCA ICs, Purist Audio Design Neptune S/PDIF & HDMI cables, iFi S/PDIF Purifier w/ Paul Hynes SR4 LPS, SR Orange fuses, Furutech GTX-D (R) outlet, Samsung F8000 HDTV, Audioquest Carbon HDMI cable, CATV with Tii-220 cable filter, JL Audio e-110 subs in waiting.

Just bought the spiked cups. They provide an additional tightening of bass. Recommended.
    Two Channel

Home Theater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation