Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

I'm using Stillpoints Ultra 5's on my speakers and they changed the presentation of sound, which required alterations to the setup of my speakers. But, it was a definite improvement. I definitely wouldn't say the sound got more lush. The sound spread out and got thinner in my system. But adjusting the speakers for this wound up being an improvement in focus and tone. I had upgraded from Stillpoints Ultra SS.
    My floor is hardwood and not particularly sturdy or even. I'm not sure that Stillpoints are the best choice for my floor, but I did get an noticeable improvement from them.

I have threaded inserts for my speakers on the way to audition the Gaia I footers on my speakers to see what they bring to the table (or the floor).
    I'll let post my comparisons versus the Stillpoints Ultra 5 after the inserts arrive and I spend some time listening and adjusting my speakers if needed.
    Christian

stuff: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Esoteric K-01X, Oppo BDP-105D, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Shunyata Triton V3 w/ Typhon, Furutech Nanoflux/Nanoflux NCF power cables, WW Platinum Eclipse 7 IC's/Speaker Cables, An Audioquest WEL IC or two.

2. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    I tried Stillpoints under my speakers as well and didn't like the results.

Rance,

What speakers and what type of flooring?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Rance,

What speakers and what type of flooring?
    At the time I tried the Stillpoints I had some Legacy Focus SE speakers. Tried them on both concrete and carpet. As I recall, the sound seemed to lack some dimensionality on both surfaces.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II, Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, Lumin S1, ARC REF 6 preamp, ARC REFERENCE 160M amps, JBL 4367/Isoacoustics Gaia I, SVS PC-4000 subs x 2, Shunyata 6000T, Luminous Audio Technology cabling and power, Solid Tech racks, Vicoustics room treatments, ASC Iso-wall/Iso-ceiling construction

5. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At the time I tried the Stillpoints I had some Legacy Focus SE speakers. Tried them on both concrete and carpet. As I recall, the sound seemed to lack some dimensionality on both surfaces.
    Hi I am thinking of buying a set of the Gaia 1 for my 4365. May I ask what is the thread size of your 4367 ? I am not sure if the thread size of the 4365 and 4367 is similar, I believe the Gaia 1 comes with 3 different sizes of screws? which one did you use on your JBL?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Audio Research Ref 10 preamp (for sale)
    Luxman C900u (
    for sale)

JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stargazerang View Post
    Hi I am thinking of buying a set of the Gaia 1 for my 4365. May I ask what is the thread size of your 4367 ? I am not sure if the thread size of the 4365 and 4367 is similar, I believe the Gaia 1 comes with 3 different sizes of screws? which one did you use on your JBL?

Thanks
    I'm sorry, I honestly don't know for certain the exact thread size...only that one the sizes of adapters in the kit was the exact size for the 4367s. (For some reason I 'm thinking M12, but this could be wrong.)

You would probably need to check with JBL to find out the exact thread size for your 4365s.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II, Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, Lumin S1, ARC REF 6 preamp, ARC REFERENCE 160M amps, JBL 4367/Isoacoustics Gaia I, SVS PC-4000 subs x 2, Shunyata 6000T, Luminous Audio Technology cabling and power, Solid Tech racks, Vicoustics room treatments, ASC Iso-wall/Iso-ceiling construction

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, I honestly don't know for certain the exact thread size...only that one the sizes of adapters in the kit was the exact size for the 4367s. (For some reason I 'm thinking M12, but this could be wrong.)

You would probably need to check with JBL to find out the exact thread size for your 4365s.
    Thanks, I think you could be right on the M12 thread size.

JBL informed me the thread size is 1/4'' - 20, but I found them to be small. Even the M8 is too small for the 4365. I believe, 4365 and 4367 shares the same footer size, i.e. M12. Can you look into your unused threads that came with the Gaia 1 package? if only the "smaller" thread screws remains, that M12 is the one underneath your 4367 now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stargazerang View Post
    Thanks, I think you could be right on the M12 thread size.

JBL informed me the thread size is 1/4'' - 20, but I found them to be small. Even the M8 is too small for the 4365. I believe, 4365 and 4367 shares the same footer size, i.e. M12. Can you look into your unused threads that came with the Gaia 1 package? if only the "smaller" thread screws remains, that M12 is the one underneath your 4367 now
    I am using the largest of the supplied three sets of adapters. According to the Gaia product infomation sheet this would in fact be the M12 thread size.
    Rance

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the largest of the supplied three sets of adapters. According to the Gaia product infomation sheet this would in fact be the M12 thread size.
    Many thanks for the information, I shall proceed to buy the footers

Post Thanks / Like

Isoacoustics Orea footers under any gear it woks so good specially my holo spring 3 DAC and Allnic H3000 phonostage. It was so dramatically almost kind of upgrade cables or power conditioner.

13. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast