Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

I'm using Stillpoints Ultra 5's on my speakers and they changed the presentation of sound, which required alterations to the setup of my speakers. But, it was a definite improvement. I definitely wouldn't say the sound got more lush. The sound spread out and got thinner in my system. But adjusting the speakers for this wound up being an improvement in focus and tone. I had upgraded from Stillpoints Ultra SS.
    My floor is hardwood and not particularly sturdy or even. I'm not sure that Stillpoints are the best choice for my floor, but I did get an noticeable improvement from them.

I have threaded inserts for my speakers on the way to audition the Gaia I footers on my speakers to see what they bring to the table (or the floor).
    I'll let post my comparisons versus the Stillpoints Ultra 5 after the inserts arrive and I spend some time listening and adjusting my speakers if needed.
    stuff: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Esoteric K-01X, Oppo BDP-105D, Pioneer CT-43, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand Speakers, Shunyata Triton V3 w/ Typhon, Furutech Nanoflux power cables, WW Platinum Eclipse 7 IC's/Speaker Cables

2. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rrwmd View Post
    I tried Stillpoints under my speakers as well and didn't like the results.

Rance,

What speakers and what type of flooring?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Rance,

What speakers and what type of flooring?
    At the time I tried the Stillpoints I had some Legacy Focus SE speakers. Tried them on both concrete and carpet. As I recall, the sound seemed to lack some dimensionality on both surfaces.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II, Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, Lumin S1, ARC REF 6 preamp, ARC REFERENCE 75SE amp, JBL 4367/Isoacoustics Gaia I, Luminous Audio Technology cabling and power, Solid Tech racks, Vicoustics room treatments, ASC Iso-wall/Iso-ceiling construction

5. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3