Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Which is better way to connect golden gate?

I am wondering if anyone has compared the below methods of hooking up yr lampi big 7 or Golden gate:
    1. Direct USB either without power usb switched off at source or via non powered usb cable
    2. Connect via intona
    3. Connect via regen amber
    4 connect via intona and regen amber within chain

Appreciate opinions.

Re: Which is better way to connect golden gate?

I'm using a B7 with an Antipodes DX music server. I get the best sound using an Amber Regen with a Curious cable from the unpowered USB port on the Antipodes.

Hi,
    I've experimented quite a bit with my GG. Best chain so far.

Ethernet switch (Linear Power Supply)>TPLINK MC200cms (battery)> microRendu (LPS-1)>PS Audio LAN Rover (LPS1)> Lampi GG. All connected with Blue Jeans CAT 6a.

It was was interesting to hear what each addition brought to the table.
    I use Fidelizer, Project Lasso, HQPLAYER, ROON, WSY2K12v2, and the AudiophileOptimizer as well.

Hope me this helps,
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by SteVen View Post
    Hi,
    I've experimented quite a bit with my GG. Best chain so far.

Ethernet switch (Linear Power Supply)>TPLINK MC200cms (battery)> microRendu (LPS-1)>PS Audio LAN Rover (LPS1)> Lampi GG. All connected with Blue Jeans CAT 6a.

It was was interesting to hear what each addition brought to the table.
    I use Fidelizer, Project Lasso, HQPLAYER, ROON, WSY2K12v2, and the AudiophileOptimizer as well.

Hope me this helps,
    steven
    Interesting supply chain for your digits. I have also done a lot to supply digits with high quality power, and with significant benefits. Mine chain is:

DSL modem (linear power supply) > TPLink Router (linear power supply) > TPLink MC210CS fiber media converter (LPS-1 powered) > TPLink MC210CS (LPS-1 powered) > microRendu (LPS-1 powered) > Lampi B7.

The ethernet cables are mostly Blue Jeans CAT 6a, but am experimenting with Supra CAT8, and interested in Audioquest Vodka and other "audiophile" ethernet cables. The USB connection between microRendu and Lampi is a Sonore hard adapter/short link.

I've been surprised that the upstream FMC, the router, and the modem make a difference in terms of the quality of their power supplies. I would have thought the main importance was quality power, galvanic isolation, and breaking leakage/ground currents on the downstream components facing the Lampi. It turns out that by going with LPS-1's on those downstream power supplies, the system is transparent enough to pick up on small improvements in the upstream handling of digits as well. Much to my disappointment, as that just then adds to the scope of optimizing the system. It appears the old adage that "everything matters" still applies.

And it's also disheartening to see that you have found the PS Audio device to be of value even on top of the microRendu powered by a LPS-1. I have been operating under the theory that if I feed the microRendu the cleanest power, and the cleanest signal, that it will not need any cleaning up by any additional devices on the USB side. Now I'm starting to wonder about that assumption.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Which is better way to connect golden gate?