Racks - got any favorites? - Page 9
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Racks - got any favorites?

Great news Mike. I've been looking at the RXR. It looks like you can take your isolation platforms and just place them on to the rack, also upgrade them if you want. Pretty simple and looks nice too.
    stereo : Kronos Sparta / Einstein The Pickup / Lumin U1 streamer / Lampizator Big 7 / EAR 912 / Quicksilver Audio V4 mono blocks / B&W 803 D3
    headphone : Cavalli liquid carbon / MrSpeakers EtherC
    QNAP TVS-471

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA1 View Post
    Great news Mike. I've been looking at the RXR. It looks like you can take your isolation platforms and just place them on to the rack, also upgrade them if you want. Pretty simple and looks nice too.
    Howard (Sandman) and I have been talking racks for weeks. I like your plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: AAvik Electronics, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Crystal Cable, Dali Loudspeakers, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers, Focal Headphones, Furutech, ISO Acoustics, KEF, Kimber Kable, KLAudio, KR Audio, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, Manley Labs, Melco Audio, MicroMega, M2Tech, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PlayBack Designs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, Sonoma Acoustics, SOtM, SRA, Straight Wire, Stillpoints, T+A, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vandersteen Speakers, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the analysis done here, he finds that different racks sound different at different levels. Some sound the best at top level, and some at the bottom. The sound ranges from too tight to lose. Also where you position the feet of the component, whether in the centre or towards the outer edges, matters. http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/revi...ryc-audiorack/

4. Likes Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    I liked the analysis done here, he finds that different racks sound different at different levels. Some sound the best at top level, and some at the bottom. The sound ranges from too tight to lose. Also where you position the feet of the component, whether in the centre or towards the outer edges, matters. http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/revi...ryc-audiorack/
    Really???? Thanks for that. I was already having trouble sleeping at night worrying about footer placement.

Post Thanks / Like

i have hi fi racks limited -- very happy with all aspects of the product -- including the all wood material and attractive design, which means it is allowed to go in the living room!

' hifiracks.co.uk '

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhanc View Post
    i have hi fi racks limited -- very happy with all aspects of the product -- including the all wood material and attractive design, which means it is allowed to go in the living room!

' hifiracks.co.uk '
    They do look nice Mhanc & I would dare say should Nhanc the WAF as you suggested .

Attached Images Attached Images
    David

Front End:
    Vitus SCD-025 Mk2, Oppo BPD-103AU Amplification: Vitus SIA-025 Speakers: Magico S5 Mk2 Isolation: Taoc ASR series racks, Taoc SCB-RS-HC50G, Stillpoints Ultra 6's + Bases/Mini's/LPI's AC Power: Furutech GTX-D(G), Gigawatt PC-3 SE Evo, Jorma Prime pc's (re-terminated with cryo'd Oyaide M1/F1’s), Jorma Unity pc (re-terminated with Oyaide P-004/C-004’s) Cables: Jorma Prime xlr's + Statement sc's, Siltech Classic Anniversary rca's + HDMI Tweaks: Acoustic Revive RR-777 + KR Mk2/RD-3/RIO-5II/RCI-3H, Akiko E-tuning Gold MkII

"If music be the food of love, play on" - William Shakespeare

Post Thanks / Like

MSB rack

Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate + Lampi DSD Komputer
    Cables: WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Post Thanks / Like

There's lots of really nice racks out there (many already mentioned). I talked to the designer of HRS at a Capital Audiofest but was not close to being ready at that juncture. I had Salamander Synergy at the time, which now is in a back-up system. Right before my current move a few years back, I designed the specs and sent it to Klaus at Odyssey audio (as I needed something specific for the screen height - pic below). One of my favorites (which I've seen at shows), is the Kanso furniture - http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Main System - Lumin U1, Modwright LS36.5 DM Preamp, Modwright KWA150SE Amp, EMM Labs DAC 2X (ver. 2), Torus RM-20, Thiel CS 3.7s, 2 Rel Storm III subs
    Back-up 1 - HAL MS-2 Music Server, Odyssey Candela Preamp, Bryston 3BST Amp, Meitner MA-1 DAC, 2 Richard Gray cond, Ohm Microwalsh Talls, Rel Strata III sub
    Back-up 2 - HAL MS-3 Music Server, Sherbourn Pre-1, Emotiva XPA 200 Amp, Teac UD-501 DAC, Vansevers cond, B&W P6s, Rel Q150 sub

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9