Furutech 105-D NCF outlet covers--Wow!
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

Furutech 105-D NCF outlet covers--Wow!

ok, tonight Joe Pittman installed -7- of the Furutech 105-D NCF outlet covers on my outlets replacing the previous metal covers.. it took him about 30-35 minutes. he torqued them to a spec he has found is best so far in his experience.

I did expect them to be an improvement. but this was bigger than I expected.

-a layer of greyness was removed. it's more vivid and open.
    -I get more a sense of weight and tonal sparkle. more alive and micro dynamic.
    -slightly greater soundstage, mostly decays go on farther.
    -greater sense of focus.....vocals are spooky good. (Joe and I both thought 'vinyl' good).

I suspect that my recent addition of the Aqua Formula dac and SMG server, which lowered noise floors and increased detail and focus already made this change more profound.

anyway it's a killer addition......I would caution that while I expect they would make a positive audible difference in most systems, the degree of benefit will likely vary from system to system. so I'm not proclaiming universal rave level here. but......anyone who has already done the rest of the Furutech NCF program likely will get a significant boost.

enjoy.

and.....to Ed Hsu and all my weekend visitors, yes......it's even better now.

added note; I did a no-no. I made 2 changes at once. when Joe switched out the cover plates, I switched power cords between my dart pre and SMG server. the one that had been on the server was a decent Tel Wire I've had for awhile. I had one of my Absolute Fidelity power cords with the new Furutech NCF plugs on my dart pre. I figured the NCF plugged PC on the dart pre is only powering the battery charger and has no effect on performance. so why not put it where it can do some good?

anyway.....likely there is a muddying of the water on degree of cover plate switching cause and effect. wanted to do full disclosure. I'm guessing some of the extra vividness, microdynamics and additional decays are the PC change.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Everest Audio, Alpinist, Narayan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Furutech 105-D NCF outlet covers--Wow!

Thanks for the feedback Mike. Like you, I also made other changes at the same time I installed my NCF cover, so I can't be entirely sure of its changes to the system. However, I'm completely sold on the Furutech NCF products. I've been thoroughly impressed.
    Everest Audio
    www.everestaudio.com
    Facebook
    Twitter

bel canto, Hegel, Melco, Dynaudio, ATC Loudspeakers, Alta Audio, JL Audio, Thorens, Vertere, Dynavector, Hana, Hafler, GutWire, Furutech, ADL by Furutech, Hifiman, Bluesound and more

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/Ayre QX-5/20, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Volti Vittora w Volti subs, Triode Wire Labs IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

For Sale:

Post Thanks / Like

The Furutech 105-D NCF outlets, plates and covers made a big difference in my system as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Everest Audio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week I had two Furutech FT-SWS-D NCF installed for my dedicated audio line. Using 20meters of Supra LoRad 2.5 Mk 11 SPC - Anniversary Edition from breaker to wall outlet. Hopefully it will give a improvement. But since my living room is undergoing some maintenance. Hopefully a new floor will be installed in the coming weeks (oak fishbone). Until then I can only hope I didn't waist my money.
    Integrated amp: Symphonic Line La Music Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Phono amp: RCM Sensor Prelude Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 Interlinks Ansuz X Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, POM, Aluminium, and two X series Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Mike. I have the same. Hard to believe a cover would make such a difference . They certainly look nice too! I think the NCF products are the best.Audience uses the NCF products on their $5400 power cord. That makes a statement. Enjoy!!
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Magico S3s.