Raidho, Aavik, Ansuz - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raidho, Aavik, Ansuz

Raidho XT5 announced on facebook and should be at the RMAF in room 1024 at the Marriott tech center
    https://www.facebook.com/RaidhoAcoustics/
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, I guess no specs yet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Vpi Prime with Phoenix Engineering Eagle and Roadrunner/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H/ Curious USB/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Meitner MA-1/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC+speaker+power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to guess and say the specs are the same as the XT3. No side sub woofer so you would get an even more accurate/detailed lows. My question is this a Mike B design or the new guys design since Mike and Lars are gone using the XT2 type of cabinet.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to hear them! Big beauties.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, ClearAudio Turntables & Accessories, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, KEF Loudspeakers, Kimber Kable, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, KR Audio Tube & Amps, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MicroMega, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Trenner & Friedl, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Aavik will also be showing the new U-150 integrated amplifier while Ansuz will be showing the new version two lines

Both Aavik and Ansuz can be heard in the High End By Oz room #542 with Lars Kristensen
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if Mike and Lars designed these as the website doesn't list the designers like it does with the other models. speculation - but maybe that means they didn't? i wonder if the port configuration changes will be translated to the D series floor standers or the C series. i actually had a chance to meet with Lars (Venning. great guy!) and he said that the D series is still the top dog but the XT-5 plays nicer with amps and has higher power handling so better at higher volumes. paraphrasing here as I talked to him maybe 4-5 months back.

has anyone here heard the xt-5 yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    not sure if Mike and Lars designed these as the website doesn't list the designers like it does with the other models. speculation - but maybe that means they didn't? i wonder if the port configuration changes will be translated to the D series floor standers or the C series. i actually had a chance to meet with Lars (Venning. great guy!) and he said that the D series is still the top dog but the XT-5 plays nicer with amps and has higher power handling so better at higher volumes. paraphrasing here as I talked to him maybe 4-5 months back.

has anyone here heard the xt-5 yet?
    Hi! Yes I have heard the XT-5 now 3 different times (2 different pairs). Wonderful speaker!!! I own 2 pair of D .1 speakers and now I have these in my sight...

In general I agree with Lars’ observations. He spot on. Yes, my understanding is that Michael and Lars did leave behind the design for this speaker but the company further refined the crossover and design. It definitely does not sound like the D series. Different but very satisfying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the follow up. which d .1 do you have? do you find that the resolution in the xt is on par? peter brueninger of avshowreports mentions in a video that they sound awfully close to his d4.1.
    now, this is a hobby of getting awfully closer and then trying to get that last bit closer , but that strikes me as high praise. i have my eye on a d3.1 but these xt-5's are looking amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    thanks for the follow up. which d .1 do you have? do you find that the resolution in the xt is on par? peter brueninger of avshowreports mentions in a video that they sound awfully close to his d4.1.
    now, this is a hobby of getting awfully closer and then trying to get that last bit closer , but that strikes me as high praise. i have my eye on a d3.1 but these xt-5's are looking amazing
    I have D2.1 and D3.1 both on upgraded diamond bases. Resolution is not exactly on par but it is close. D3.1 are in a different league though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

awesome thanks, btw I sent you a PM as we're in the same area

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7