Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by audiophil View Post
    I have to be honest, I was sitting in my office cursing you today. I can't say I got much real work done. That said, I'm very glad that at the end of the day you're getting the best resolution you can, and I hope our discourse helps others find their way. Happy listening!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Amen....thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Bob,

For me, it's a nice revelation too, for no extra money, until I decide what dac to go with for MQA. Enjoy!
    Hi Joe, being basically free if you have a computer and any dac, it's quite amazing. Exciting times, somehow I didn't see this one coming, I think it's going to be a big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Ok! From the slow learner here and the spreader of bad information - I got the desktop Tidal app to pay through the msb non mqa dac. It shows 32/88K on the dac on the Iron and Wine.

Through the Aurender all you see is 24/48.

After just a few quick listens to a few tracks off of 3 albums, Iron and Wine, Joni Mitchel and James Taylor the 32/88 coming directly from the Tidal desktop app connected via usb to the msb non-mqa dac vs. the 24/48 same Masters tracks that were favorited over to the Aurender from the desktop, there again is a NOTICEABLE difference.

The 24/48 still seems to have the same sonic signature and is definitely vinyl type sounding to me, but the 32/88 from the desktop app takes it to another level. Maybe 25% better?...which is a lot. It's more fuller sounding and has less of an edge to the sound.

Andy, from the forum is going to bring over his Brooklyn DAC and we are going to see what an MQA dac sounds like now vs. the 32/88 from the computer, which is now the premium MQA sound that I am getting.

Thx Phil and Chris, appreciate it.
    Bob...let's do this today. What do you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Bob...let's do this today. What do you say?

Morning Andy,

I'm already listening to Joni Mitchell from 24/96 MQA via my Macbook air

Today is good, just let me know what approximate time. Looking forward to it!!!

Morning Andy,

I'm already listening to Joni Mitchell from 24/96 MQA via my Macbook air

Today is good, just let me know what approximate time. Looking forward to it!!!
    Great to hear! absolutely...will do!

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Great to hear! absolutely...will do!

Great, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Update: Lumin will now receive 24-bit MQA music (but not decode them) from Tidal favorite, if users put Tidal Masters music as favorite first using the Tidal desktop app. To identify whether MQA music is being streamed from Tidal simply look at the bitdepth from Lumin app or front panel: MQA is 24-bit. Non-MQA lossless is 16-bit. Since Lumin is not decoding MQA yet, Lumin shows MQA music as 24-bit 44.1kHz or 48kHz.

This "play from favorite" method may not generally apply to other manufacturers, as a fix is required.
    Hi Peter,

If the 24/48 is actually MQA, then why if the same file/track had been run from the Tidal desktop application directly to a DAC that is at least 24/96 capable and would play at 24/48 or 24/96 on the DAC, why will it only show up and play as 24/48 on the DAC if played via the Lumin as you describe?......thx

A great article from dar this morning on MQA and Tidal. Jeez, if only this had come out yesterday.

Bob - I think your original experience can basically be summed up in this statement:
    "Even if you don’t have an MQA DAC and you don’t have software that executes hi-res unfolding, an*uptick in sound quality*might still be*heard, especially on a more resolving hifi system."

Full article here: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/20...re-are-we-now/

Digital: LH Labs Source (someday...) + LH Labs Geek Pulse SFi
    Analogue: Audio Technica OC9ML/ii + Technics 1200SL + Nikko Beta 40 (phono only)
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6
    Focal 816VW Special Edition

A great article from dar this morning on MQA and Tidal. Jeez, if only this had come out yesterday.

Bob - I think your original experience can basically be summed up in this statement:
    "Even if you don’t have an MQA DAC and you don’t have software that executes hi-res unfolding, an*uptick in sound quality*might still be*heard, especially on a more resolving hifi system."

Full article here: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/20...re-are-we-now/

Morning Phil,
    At least we didn't kill each other we are still both still breathing

What a great article....wish I had read this yesterday morning, but it should be required reading for anyone that might be interested in MQA.

Thanks!!!

I am also going to load Splashtop on my MacAir and control Tidal from my Ipad, which will be nice.

...it should be required reading for anyone that might be interested in MQA.
    ➕💯

🔊 🎧

Analogue: Audio Technica OC9ML/ii + Technics 1200SL + Nikko Beta 40 (phono only)
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6

If the 24/48 is actually MQA, then why if the same file/track had been run from the Tidal desktop application directly to a DAC that is at least 24/96 capable and would play at 24/48 or 24/96 on the DAC, why will it only show up and play as 24/48 on the DAC if played via the Lumin as you describe?......thx
    Tidal desktop app has the ability to perform a software decode of MQA from 24/48 to become 24/96 and feed it to a directly connected USB DAC, if the desktop app is set to Exclusive mode and MQA Passthrough is unchecked.

In a Lumin setup, Lumin player is controlled by Lumin app on iPad. It plays Tidal natively without requiring the presence of a computer or any Tidal app. Lumin does not have the ability to decode MQA yet. This capability is being considered.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Tidal desktop app has the ability to perform a software decode of MQA from 24/48 to become 24/96 and feed it to a directly connected USB DAC, if the desktop app is set to Exclusive mode and MQA Passthrough is unchecked.

In a Lumin setup, Lumin player is controlled by Lumin app on iPad. It plays Tidal natively without requiring the presence of a computer or any Tidal app. Lumin does not have the ability to decode MQA yet. This capability is being considered.
    Hi Peter, thank you!

Audioshark

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Back in business- I had never used Splashtop, but easy downloads on the MacAir and the Ipad and now the Ipad controls the MacAir. Now the MacAair can reside up by the DAC and control via Ipad at the listening seat......VERY NICE!

Super Moderator

Thank you Mike, made the link its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Now that was a excellent write-up of the current workings if MQA. Nice post.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Also MQA Decoding Explained from AudioStream.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    This is confusing, because I've been told by multiple sources on the pro side and even saw with my own eyes when I toured recording studios a few summers ago, that they record to 24/96. So, what's this 24/192 stuff? Are we up sampling and then down sampling?

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

A large part (perhaps most) of Warner's hi-res digital library is analog tape transferred to digital at 24/192; maybe they are just using that as an example.
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

Morning Phil,
    At least we didn't kill each other we are still both still breathing

What a great article....wish I had read this yesterday morning, but it should be required reading for anyone that might be interested in MQA.

Thanks!!!

I am also going to load Splashtop on my MacAir and control Tidal from my Ipad, which will be nice.
    Hey but we are having fun and enjoying music, its not like we are at war over gas prices or medical insurance (yet)
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    A large part (perhaps most) of Warner's hi-res digital library is analog tape transferred to digital at 24/192; maybe they are just using that as an example.
    This is my thought as well. Older recordings are being digitized under the watchful eye of the artist/label and offered at whatever bitrate the original digital file was created.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post

Phil,

Andy is bringing over his Mytek DAC today so we can listen to the HW encoded MQA files....at least I was happy for 24 hours with the 24/96.....that will probably be history as were 16/44.1 and 24/48 in just a few days.....traveling at the speed of light, which actually is very amazing!

Phil,

Andy is bringing over his Mytek DAC today so we can listen to the HW encoded MQA files....at least I was happy for 24 hours with the 24/96.....that will probably be history as were 16/44.1 and 24/48 in just a few days.....traveling at the speed of light, which actually is very amazing!
    Cool, I'm excited to hear your thoughts.

Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6

Cool, I'm excited to hear your thoughts.

Yes, looking forward to it. I tried and tried last night to go back and enjoy the 24/48 tracks and the 24/96 are a different ballgame....no going back.

Super Moderator

Bob,

Isn't it amazing that once you (me too) realize how good the Tidal desktop unfolded MQA files sound at 24/96, the lesser resolutions don't sound so good anymore. I am a little flabbergasted at what I am hearing and can not wait until I get/update to a true hardware MQA dac. Life it good!

Yes, looking forward to it. I tried and tried last night to go back and enjoy the 24/48 tracks and the 24/96 are a different ballgame....no going back.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Bob,

Isn't it amazing that once you (me too) realize how good the Tidal desktop unfolded MQA files sound at 24/96, the lesser resolutions don't sound so good anymore. I am a little flabbergasted at what I am hearing and can not wait until I get/update to a true hardware MQA dac. Life it good!
    I agree Joe, I'm sort of stunned by it all. I'm afraid to to hear the hw decoded version today. Agreed, Life is good!!!

Where does one find the new MQA Tidal content? I open up "What's New" on Tidal and don't see it there. In the search engine typing in MQA only brings up MQA Music Videos. I opened up a header named Exclusive thinking they might be there....nada....
    Thanks....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    Where does one find the new MQA Tidal content? I open up "What's New" on Tidal and don't see it there. In the search engine typing in MQA only brings up MQA Music Videos. I opened up a header named Exclusive thinking they might be there....nada....
    Thanks....
    Make sure you have the latest version of the desktop app installed. On the What's new tab, under albums, you should see a category called Masters. Those are the droids...er albums... you're looking for

Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6

Thanks....
    Follow audiophil's directions above and make sure you are using the Tidal Ap for your PC or Apple computer and not access the program from a web browser..
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Also got to hear the higher resolution in my system now. Good move by Tidal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Make sure you have the latest version of the desktop app installed. On the What's new tab, under albums, you should see a category called Masters. Those are the droids...er albums... you're looking for

Thanks, downloaded latest app and found it. If you have a non MQA Dac I presume under settings/streaming you would select the first option (Sound is controlled by your OSystemn...)
    or would you select your Dac?)
    Cheers....
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS

Thanks, downloaded latest app and found it. If you have a non MQA Dac I presume under settings/streaming you would select the first option (Sound is controlled by your OSystemn...)
    or would you select your Dac?)
    Cheers....
    Select your DAC and be sure it's set to exclusive mode, etc. Check back a few pages in this thread for detailed instructions and screenshots that I posted.

Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6

Super Moderator

Select your DAC and be sure it's set to exclusive mode, etc. Check back a few pages in this thread for detailed instructions and screenshots that I posted.

Attached Images Attached Images

NAD C 658 streamer.

Andy was nice enough to bring down his Brooklyn DAC today. All I will say is if you have any interest in MQA or more importantly in great sound either do it yourself or get yourself a demo of a MQA DAC playing 24/192 files. Make up your own mind, no one is making anyone do or try MQA. If you don't like it, then it's not for you, no big deal.

24/96 gets you about 75% of the way to 24/192 sonically. I would say that 24/96 is where the real MQA magic starts, 24/192 takes it to another level......and this was on a $2K MQA DAC.

You can play MQA files that you save on the Tidal Desktop from your favorite list on the Aurender/Tidal app. When you play an MQA file from the Aurender to the Brooklyn DAC the magic 24/192 MQA shows up on the display.....this is significant for Aurender users.

Be happy to answer any questions or help anyone trying to figure this out, like I did over the last 24 hours.....with Phil and Andy's help!

It's unlikely that the change from 24/96 to 24/192 makes any difference if they are analog masters. However, the additional hardware processing to "correct" for the DAC's different time and phase characteristics (compared to the original ADC) certainly could (and should)
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

Andy was nice enough to bring down his Brooklyn DAC today. All I will say is if you have any interest in MQA or more importantly in great sound either do it yourself or get yourself a demo of a MQA DAC playing 24/192 files. Make up your own mind, no one is making anyone do or try MQA. If you don't like it, then it's not for you, no big deal.

24/96 gets you about 75% of the way to 24/192 sonically. I would say that 24/96 is where the real MQA magic starts, 24/192 takes it to another level......and this was on a $2K MQA DAC.

You can play MQA files that you save on the Tidal Desktop from your favorite list on the Aurender/Tidal app. When you play an MQA file from the Aurender to the Brooklyn DAC the magic 24/192 MQA shows up on the display.....this is significant for Aurender users.

Be happy to answer any questions or help anyone trying to figure this out, like I did over the last 24 hours.....with Phil and Andy's help!
    How does the sound from the Brooklyn MQA Dac playing back MQA encoded files from Tidal at 24/192 compare to the sound of your MSB Select Dac playing back the same files but at only 24/96.
    Cheers.....
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS

How does the sound from the Brooklyn MQA Dac playing back MQA encoded files from Tidal at 24/192 compare to the sound of your MSB Select Dac playing back the same files but at only 24/96.
    Cheers.....
    They're both big time sound, even regular Tidal at 16/44.1 through the MSB is lala land for me. Anyway, no we didn't compare the DACs, we just enjoyed the music.....sounds incredible with either DAC.

Thanks Joe.

Cheers.......
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS

They're both big time sound, even regular Tidal at 16/44.1 through the MSB is lala land for me. Anyway, no we didn't compare the DACs, we just enjoyed the music.....sounds incredible with either DAC.

I am sure any source sounds fabulous in your system

Importantly, was there the same MQA magic or character coming even with the Brookland dac which cost less than the tax paid on your MSB set. This would be meaningful for those jumping into a MQA dac.

Quote Originally Posted by justubes View Post
    I am sure any source sounds fabulous in your system

Importantly, was there the same MQA magic or character coming even with the Brookland dac which cost less than the tax paid on your MSB set. This would be meaningful for those jumping into a MQA dac.
    The Brooklyn DAC sounded really great, it allowed the MQA decoding to come through and it was fun. Now that I have the MQA/USB module for my MSB Select II Dac and did a FW upgrade to the MSB DAC I would compare even regular non MQA regular streaming Tidal through the MSB against, WITH A GOOD RECORDING, against the Brooklyn doing the full MQA decoding.

When MSB sent the new MQA/USB module I didn't realize until afterwards that this module coupled with the FW upgrade significantly upgraded the regular USB performance in the Select.

Listening to a fully HW decoded MQA well recorded track/album through the Select II is a revelation and you really have to hear it to understand how far digital has come. In this incarnation it's come a LOT further than I had ever imagined it would.

At this point I listen to regular 16/44.1 Tidal streaming non MQA interchangeably with the full MQA HW decoded albums. I don't think about if they are MQA'd or not, I just listen to the music that I want to listen to and it all gets to the "magic level" for me through the Select Dac.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward?