So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward? - Page 20
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    They're both big time sound, even regular Tidal at 16/44.1 through the MSB is lala land for me. Anyway, no we didn't compare the DACs, we just enjoyed the music.....sounds incredible with either DAC.

I am sure any source sounds fabulous in your system

Importantly, was there the same MQA magic or character coming even with the Brookland dac which cost less than the tax paid on your MSB set. This would be meaningful for those jumping into a MQA dac.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by justubes View Post
    I am sure any source sounds fabulous in your system

Importantly, was there the same MQA magic or character coming even with the Brookland dac which cost less than the tax paid on your MSB set. This would be meaningful for those jumping into a MQA dac.
    The Brooklyn DAC sounded really great, it allowed the MQA decoding to come through and it was fun. Now that I have the MQA/USB module for my MSB Select II Dac and did a FW upgrade to the MSB DAC I would compare even regular non MQA regular streaming Tidal through the MSB against, WITH A GOOD RECORDING, against the Brooklyn doing the full MQA decoding.

When MSB sent the new MQA/USB module I didn't realize until afterwards that this module coupled with the FW upgrade significantly upgraded the regular USB performance in the Select.

Listening to a fully HW decoded MQA well recorded track/album through the Select II is a revelation and you really have to hear it to understand how far digital has come. In this incarnation it's come a LOT further than I had ever imagined it would.

At this point I listen to regular 16/44.1 Tidal streaming non MQA interchangeably with the full MQA HW decoded albums. I don't think about if they are MQA'd or not, I just listen to the music that I want to listen to and it all gets to the "magic level" for me through the Select Dac.
    Two Manhattan locations -

Rhapsody.Audio http://rhapsody.audio

Iliadny.com (Goldmund only) http://Iliadny.com

Devialet, Goldmund, Magico, Raidho, Vitus, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Kaiser, Aurender, Scansonics, Ansuz Acoustics, Aavik Acoustics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon cartridges, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, IPC, Acoustic System International, Novum, Echole, Bybee Technologies

3. Likes joeinid, kzhtoo liked this post

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20