So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward? - Page 18
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    A large part (perhaps most) of Warner's hi-res digital library is analog tape transferred to digital at 24/192; maybe they are just using that as an example.
    This is my thought as well. Older recordings are being digitized under the watchful eye of the artist/label and offered at whatever bitrate the original digital file was created.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Also MQA Decoding Explained from AudioStream.

3. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiophil View Post
    Two Manhattan locations

Rhapsody.Audio http://rhapsody.audio

Iliadny.com (Goldmund only) http://Iliadny.com

Goldmund, Magico, Raidho, Vitus, Kii Audio, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Kaiser, MSB Technology, Aurender, Scansonics, Ansuz Acoustics, Aavik Acoustics, REL Acoustics, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, IPC, Acoustic System International, Novum, Echole, Bybee Technologies

Post Thanks / Like

Phil,

Andy is bringing over his Mytek DAC today so we can listen to the HW encoded MQA files....at least I was happy for 24 hours with the 24/96.....that will probably be history as were 16/44.1 and 24/48 in just a few days.....traveling at the speed of light, which actually is very amazing!
    Two Manhattan locations

Goldmund, Magico, Raidho, Vitus, Kii Audio, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Kaiser, MSB Technology, Aurender, Scansonics, Ansuz Acoustics, Aavik Acoustics, REL Acoustics, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, IPC, Acoustic System International, Novum, Echole, Bybee Technologies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Phil,

Andy is bringing over his Mytek DAC today so we can listen to the HW encoded MQA files....at least I was happy for 24 hours with the 24/96.....that will probably be history as were 16/44.1 and 24/48 in just a few days.....traveling at the speed of light, which actually is very amazing!
    Cool, I'm excited to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Digital: LH Labs Source (someday...) + LH Labs Geek Pulse SFi
    Analogue: Audio Technica OC9ML/ii + Technics 1200SL + Nikko Beta 40 (phono only)
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6
    Focal 816VW Special Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiophil View Post
    Cool, I'm excited to hear your thoughts.

Yes, looking forward to it. I tried and tried last night to go back and enjoy the 24/48 tracks and the 24/96 are a different ballgame....no going back.
    Two Manhattan locations

8. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob,

Isn't it amazing that once you (me too) realize how good the Tidal desktop unfolded MQA files sound at 24/96, the lesser resolutions don't sound so good anymore. I am a little flabbergasted at what I am hearing and can not wait until I get/update to a true hardware MQA dac. Life it good!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Yes, looking forward to it. I tried and tried last night to go back and enjoy the 24/48 tracks and the 24/96 are a different ballgame....no going back.
    Joe

Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Accuphase A-36, Jolida Fusion 3502, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, Nord One UP NC500MB monos, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Musical Paradise MP-D2 AK4490 XMOS BALANCED DAC DSD DOP 384Khz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Bob,

Isn't it amazing that once you (me too) realize how good the Tidal desktop unfolded MQA files sound at 24/96, the lesser resolutions don't sound so good anymore. I am a little flabbergasted at what I am hearing and can not wait until I get/update to a true hardware MQA dac. Life it good!
    I agree Joe, I'm sort of stunned by it all. I'm afraid to to hear the hw decoded version today. Agreed, Life is good!!!
    Two Manhattan locations

Post Thanks / Like

Where does one find the new MQA Tidal content? I open up "What's New" on Tidal and don't see it there. In the search engine typing in MQA only brings up MQA Music Videos. I opened up a header named Exclusive thinking they might be there....nada....
    Thanks....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    Where does one find the new MQA Tidal content? I open up "What's New" on Tidal and don't see it there. In the search engine typing in MQA only brings up MQA Music Videos. I opened up a header named Exclusive thinking they might be there....nada....
    Thanks....
    Make sure you have the latest version of the desktop app installed. On the What's new tab, under albums, you should see a category called Masters. Those are the droids...er albums... you're looking for

Digital: LH Labs Source (someday...) + LH Labs Geek Pulse SFi
    Analogue: Audio Technica OC9ML/ii + Technics 1200SL + Nikko Beta 40 (phono only)
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE
    First Watt F6
    Focal 816VW Special Edition

13. Likes wklie liked this post

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast