In search of a quality FM Antenna, even a DIY solution... - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In search of a quality FM Antenna, even a DIY solution...

I'm still running the ST-2 on my Carver, and playing around with location. I moved the ST-2 from the left side of the rear wall to the right side of the rear wall near the front door. Since we have a vaulted ceiling, this gave me the ability to raise the antenna about 2 feet. I have it taped up on the wall for the time being. I have to say, I think I've cleared up that slight grit on vocals, or at least about as much as I'm probably going to without going with an external antenna (which ain't gonna happen).

And I know Magnum Dynalab says in the owners manual to not interchange coax cables, but I am anyway, at least for now. I'm using 12 feet of quad RG6 along with the stock RG59. Station strength seems to be the same, no weird anomalies. Would using all the same make a difference? Who knows. It doesn't seem like it so far, but just to be consistent, I might just get a run of quad RG6 to run the full length.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I still get some noise and static sometimes... think I may have to play with location just a little bit more. The tuner does sound fantastic, just want to get it as clean signal as possible...
    Charles
    Analog:
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB DC w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze | Carver TX-11a | Yamaha TX-1000U Digital: AURALiC Aries LE w/ Linear Power Supply | Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker w/ iFi iPower | Oppo BDP-105D | Roku Ultra | Synology DS215J 6TB Preamplification: Parasound Halo P5 | Lounge Audio LCR MK III Amplification: Wyred 4 Sound ST-250 Loudspeakers: Martin Logan SL3 Remote: Apple iPad 2 Mini w/ Lightning DS Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio PLC Puck x 2 & Yalo Bulala | APC H15 Power/Signal/Speaker Cabling: Wireworld Oasis 7 | Aurora 7 | Ultraviolet 7 | Nova

Post Thanks / Like

Just ran the full length with new quad shielded RG6, and permanently mounted the ST-2 to the wall. After I move one of the C.Crane antennas back there as well using the stock MD RG59 (running to the TX-1000), I'll sit down for a listen.
    Charles
    Analog:
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB DC w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze | Carver TX-11a | Yamaha TX-1000U Digital: AURALiC Aries LE w/ Linear Power Supply | Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker w/ iFi iPower | Oppo BDP-105D | Roku Ultra | Synology DS215J 6TB Preamplification: Parasound Halo P5 | Lounge Audio LCR MK III Amplification: Wyred 4 Sound ST-250 Loudspeakers: Martin Logan SL3 Remote: Apple iPad 2 Mini w/ Lightning DS Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio PLC Puck x 2 & Yalo Bulala | APC H15 Power/Signal/Speaker Cabling: Wireworld Oasis 7 | Aurora 7 | Ultraviolet 7 | Nova

Post Thanks / Like

Just thumbing through the stations with "IF" set to wide, I'm picking up WSUN FM 97.1 in Holiday, FL. That's 70 miles away. There's a little bit of hiss/static, but easily removed once I turn on the noise reduction and multipath circuits on the TX-11. Sounds like it's right down the street minus a tiny bit of distortion in the vocals. Not bad at all considering I'm in the fringe range of that station.
    Charles
    Analog:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4