Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC

LampizatOr just posted pictures on Facebook ... Looks like a winner!

https://www.facebook.com/FikusLampi/...98064353758827

2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Re: Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC

Golden Atlantic vs Atlantic comparison ...

2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Very nice!
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

And the price difference is..?
    Thanks for posting this, BTW.

At some point in the near future I'll be trying one of these for sure
    Amps - Audio Note Empress Silver
    Speakers - AutoTech Mummys
    Dac - Lampizator Atlantic
    Pre - Hattor Passive Pre
    Source - Mac Mini / Audirvana +
    TT - Notts Analogue Hyperspace with OL arm and Rhondo Bronze cart
    Phono - EAR 834p modded
    Cables - Audio Note / Western Electric / Albedo

Thicker front panel is a new feature. Not sure the rollerblocks are an improvement.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    No price info available yet.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Thicker front panel is a new feature. Not sure the rollerblocks are an improvement.
    I use a similar device on my Tube rectified Atlantic and they do make a difference, I place 2 at the rear and one at the front, overall it gives an improvement to the image, kind of adds a greater focus to the soundstage
    Pre - Hattor Passive Pre
    Phono - EAR 834p modded

Any more information on the Golden Atlantic?
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Just got info that fully loaded balanced version is ~€10K.
    My guess is that the SE version will be around €8K
    2 Channel Stereo :

Lampizator has finallly launched the Atlantic DAC page on their website.
    All the info you need on the options available have finally been listed.

http://lampizator.eu/Fikus/DAC_ATLANTIC.html
    2 Channel Stereo :

Lots of photos but none with the interior exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by allears View Post
    Lots of photos but none with the interior exposed?
    Good point! All pictures so far are from public domain sources like the Lampizator FB page.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Does anyone know how big of a difference is between the balanced and single ended version ? If rest of the system (preamp + power amp) is balanced and you don't drive long interconnects, does it make sense of get the balance version for sonic benefits ?

Devg, I think its about $2K or so different.

If you do run fully Bal, its always better to go balanced.

If SE, there is a possibility to request and see if its possible to get a Bal Dac, but when running in SE mode to run ALL 4 tubes, not just 2. That should give you a lower noise floor in SE....that is the working theory of mine anyway.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Devg, I think its about $2K or so different.

If you do run fully Bal, its always better to go balanced.

If SE, there is a possibility to request anbd see if its possible to get a Bal Dac, but when running in SE mode to run ALL 4 tubes, not just 2. That should give you a lower noise floor in SE....that is the working theory of mine anyway.
    Interesting. Thanks Norman for the info. Usually the output volts rms for single ended is half of the balanced. With Lampi using all 4 tubes in SE mode, does it output the same as balanced ?

Quote Originally Posted by Devg View Post
    Interesting. Thanks Norman for the info. Usually the output volts rms for single ended is half of the balanced. With Lampi using all 4 tubes in SE mode, does it output the same as balanced ?
    No info on such détails, but i heard it was technically possible.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Taking the liberty of sharing the picture of a friend's GA from another forum.

2 Channel Stereo :

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Taking the liberty of sharing the picture of a friend's GA from another forum.

Nice!
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Here's mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tannoy Westminster GR and ST-200 Supertweeter, Finale Audio 300B Mono's, Thoress Full Function Preamp, Thoress 845 Mono's, Found Music 2A3 Mono's, , Line Magnetic 219IA, Lumin A1, Lumin U1, EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC, Sansui TU-717, Kenwood KT-7500, Belden 8402 IC's, Duelund 16GA speaker wire

Beauties!
    NORMAN

I like the copper. It would be interesting to let it go green for a nice seasoned look.
    How about popping the hood?

Just a quick note, after having done some compares, GA sounds better than the non R2R Big 7, sounds close to GG on non-complex material, GG pulls ahead on complex orchestral as well as peaks and troughs, just more resolution and dynamics and ability to gain match by tube roll. But at the GA price, only those interested in absolutely maximizing and playing complex orchestral kind of stuff should need a GG.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Just a quick note, after having done some compares, GA sounds better than the non R2R Big 7, sounds close to GG on non-complex material, GG pulls ahead on complex orchestral as well as peaks and troughs, just more resolution and dynamics and ability to gain match by tube roll. But at the GA price, only those interested in absolutely maximizing and playing complex orchestral kind of stuff should need a GG.
    That is what I am hearing from Leichtenstein too.
    NORMAN

Arthurs

EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC,

Does the GA keep up with the 2X?

Keep up in what way? They have different approaches and outcomes, both terrific pieces of gear,

When I compared at this store http://zero-distortion.org/reed-idle...s-blumenhofer/ the EMM was better than the Rossini, only marginally. While at least IME in a direct shootout the GG was much better than the Vivaldi. And even way back when I started with the Lampi 5, it was better than the Meitner DA1

Quote Originally Posted by 2glory View Post
    Arthurs

EMM Labs DAC-2X, Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC,

Does the GA keep up with the 2X?

Thanks Bonzo for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by allears View Post
    I like the copper. It would be interesting to let it go green for a nice seasoned look.
    How about popping the hood?
    This very thing is being experimented with now and the result is pretty darn cool! It won't be for everyone, but it's definitely a neat effect.

Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

Industry Affiliation............North American Distributor of LampizatOr Audio.

www.lampizatorna.com

I just bought an Atlantic from Our Man Mike. Alas, it is not "Golden," and I'll be the first to admit the copper case looks gorgeous. But Mike has it tricked out with all of the superclock features, and he steered me to a PS Vane 274b rectifier. I'm encouraged by news that the gap with cost-no-object GG is not great. Meanwhile, I love my Aurender and so the seamless switching from PCM to DSD is a major appeal. Now I'm waiting for Fedex...
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Quote Originally Posted by BayStBroker View Post
    I just bought an Atlantic from Our Man Mike. Alas, it is not "Golden," and I'll be the first to admit the copper case looks gorgeous. But Mike has it tricked out with all of the superclock features, and he steered me to a PS Vane 274b rectifier. I'm encouraged by news that the gap with cost-no-object GG is not great. Meanwhile, I love my Aurender and so the seamless switching from PCM to DSD is a major appeal. Now I'm waiting for Fedex...
    Be sure to keep us updated. Inquiring minds want to know! What have you been using previously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Mark Congrats ! That would be nice addition to your beautiful stereo set up. Listen to Mike wouldn't hurt anyway
    Paul

Congrats. But I didn't understand, what do you mean by "gap with cost no object GG is not great? "

The difference is gigantic. The GG R2R now kills a Big 7 non R2r, and also the Golden Atlantic on complex music. The GA and GG are not very different if you are listening to only vocals or one or two instruments, but the moment you put in complex music, like orchestral, the level of resolution, ability to see different instruments in tuttis, the soundstage, layering, bass, dynamics, and excitement is far higher. Even on a lower resolving system. Also you can increase the difference by better valves.

The Atlantic is a fantastic dac, but one should not say it, or the GA, is close to the GG. Yes, if one had to choose to buy, I would suggest GA unless he was listening to complex music.

The Big 7 and GA are both better than the A.

ps: The Big 7 and GG were very similar when GG first came out, but Lukasz and team tweak constantly and GG is now streets ahead

Yes, my GG was updated at the start of the year with superclocks, DSD512, updated r2R firmware and other tweaks. Its now a different animal. There is a fully tweaked Atlantic Plus demo in Switzerland (DSD512, superclocks, tube recti) and we had a nice comparative listening session last November in Leichtenstein.

Long story short, the A+ is FANTASTIC value for money, but the GA is clearly better and the currently refreshed GG is even better than that. The price value ratio leader for sonics is the A+, for looks and SQ is the GA and absolute best is the GG. My 2cents.

The latest version of the GG restored order to the impudent upstart and the A+ is VERY impudent! LoL
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Congrats. But I didn't understand, what do you mean by "gap with cost no object GG is not great? "

The difference is gigantic. The GG R2R now kills a Big 7 non R2r, and also the Golden Atlantic on complex music. The GA and GG are not very different if you are listening to only vocals or one or two instruments, but the moment you put in complex music, like orchestral, the level of resolution, ability to see different instruments in tuttis, the soundstage, layering, bass, dynamics, and excitement is far higher. Even on a lower resolving system. Also you can increase the difference by better valves.

The Atlantic is a fantastic dac, but one should not say it, or the GA, is close to the GG. Yes, if one had to choose to buy, I would suggest GA unless he was listening to complex music.

The Big 7 and GA are both better than the A.

ps: The Big 7 and GG were very similar when GG first came out, but Lukasz and team tweak constantly and GG is now streets ahead
    Bonzo, You sound like you know what you are talking about! If my incoming A+ satisfies when playing "only vocals or one or two instruments," then it won't be in my rack for long.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Bonzo, You sound like you know what you are talking about! If my incoming A+ satisfies when playing "only vocals or one or two instruments," then it won't be in my rack for long.
    It's a price point thing. You choose your price point. All their products are high value for money, GG is the best across discs and digital I have compared irrespective of price point

You will likey!
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas9 View Post
    Be sure to keep us updated. Inquiring minds want to know! What have you been using previously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had the PS Audio "Ted Smith" Directstream DAC, which retails approximately as much as the A+. Very, very different animals I understand. My motivation for buying the Lampi is that lately my analogue sounds so much better than my digital that it detracts from my enjoyment. This dates to my adding the A95 cartridge. I'm hoping the Lampizator closes the gap. I spent some time talking to Lukas and listening to the GA in Chicago.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

I didnt really like the DStream Dac when I spent a day listening to it back a few years. It was with the first 3 versions of the firmware. Sounded veiled to me.
    NORMAN

I've had the Atlantic Plus for a few months now. It's a fabulous sounding DAC. One of the "benefits" of buying from Lampizator is you can always upgrade at a later date. I say "benefits" as there has been no "benefit" to my pocket. I have a Golden Atlantic on order now...

I've had the PS Audio "Ted Smith" Directstream DAC, which retails approximately as much as the A+. Very, very different animals I understand. My motivation for buying the Lampi is that lately my analogue sounds so much better than my digital that it detracts from my enjoyment. This dates to my adding the A95 cartridge. I'm hoping the Lampizator closes the gap. I spent some time talking to Lukas and listening to the GA in Chicago.
    That's a very nice turntable + cart + phono stage you have there. No wonder your analog system sounds so much better than your current digital. I wanted my DAC to be in a similar price range to my turntable + cart + phono stage for a fair comparison, but with the incoming GA DAC I'm going to be looking for some upgrades to the analog system. It never ends...

I've been enjoying playing the same track through the Atlantic DAC and also on vinyl through my preamp at the same time. With a press of a button on the remote of the preamp I can instantly change the source. It's made for some very interesting comparisons.

I've been running my A+ since October last year and prior to that I had the normal Atlantic Dac, last week thanks to Christoph in Lichtenstein for the loan and Bonzo for being a fantastic courier I'm know running the Dac with a vintage Haltron 5R4GY rectifier. This tube IMHO takes the Dac to another level, at the price point The A+ is an absolute steal !
    Pre - Hattor Passive Pre
    Phono - EAR 834p modded

Hi Lee,

I hooked Chris up with that Haltron. He would not let me part with it. LoL
    Best bargain tube recti that you can find on Ebay, but you have to wait for them, as its not an everyday thing. They never run over $50, except if they have Brimar or Fivre label (overpriced).

Ultimate kudos must go to Shawn Fox who let us all know that this tube construct is a giant killer. I have seen Haltron/Fivre/Brimar/Zaerix/CEI/Certron labels on these double mica 5R4 rectis.

His buddy Michael has a GA and double Mica recti. I need to reconfirm how well it works in a GA vs an A+.
    NORMAN

Yeah those are nice rectifiers. I have a couple. Labelled Haltron and Ultron, but by looking at the construction I think they are made by Brimar.

Turntable: VPI Prime Signature Cart: Benz Micro LP-S
    DACs: Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD
    Preamps: Mac C500T, MX121, Amps: Mac MC75 (*2), MC205
    Headphone Amps: Glenn 300B, Woo WA22
    Speakers: Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S, Phones: LCD-3F, LCD-4

What's the difference between 5R4G and 5R4GY
    Pre - Hattor Passive Pre
    Phono - EAR 834p modded

The A+ has really won me over during its first five days in my listening room. I can't remember the last time I tapped my toes or rocked my head so frequently in response to digital sound.

DSD is a leg up, but the PCM R2R engine with superclocks is also incredibly involving. Right now I'm listening to the White Album in 24/44 and I'm transfixed. The back of my unit indicates DSD 256/512, so at some point I am going to figure out how to run Tidal with HQplayer in DSD512. Meanwhile, I am very pleased with this purchase.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

BaySt.
    I am very happy for you. I agree that its a wonderful machine.

The A+ has really won me over during its first five days in my listening room. I can't remember the last time I tapped my toes or rocked my head so frequently in response to digital sound.

DSD is a leg up, but the PCM R2R engine with superclocks is also incredibly involving. Right now I'm listening to the White Album in 24/44 and I'm transfixed. The back of my unit indicates DSD 256/512, so at some point I am going to figure out how to run Tidal with HQplayer in DSD512. Meanwhile, I am very pleased with this purchase.
    Congratulations! Not a surprise to read, but always very happy to see it.

The Atlantic series of DACs are a seriously good value.
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

www.lampizatorna.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Congratulations! Not a surprise to read, but always very happy to see it.

The Atlantic series of DACs are a seriously good value.

Really, they are not that much cheaper than a Level 7, around 1000 euros cheaper.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/lampizator3/1.html

First professional review just posted!

www.lampizatorna.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC