Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KEF LS50 Wireles Review

Digital Audio Review just reported that these speakers simply hit it out of the park. John Darko's product of the year. So long separates?

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/20...comment-139420

KEF LS50 Wireles Review

He did not really compare them to the Phantom, did he? He did make a reference, but did not specify which Phantom he was referring to...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Re: KEF LS50 Wireles Review

One thing I don't get about "wireless" speakers is they really aren't wireless, are they. They just replace speaker cables with power cables. In many cases, for audiophiles anyway, its harder to find a power socket than a set of speaker cables. I get the life style approach and system-in-a-box convenience for modern day space constraints, but these shouldn't really be called or promoted as wireless because they aren't.

I think the wireless nomenclature is that the speakers do away with the need for amps, preamps, DACs, speaker cables and the like. One cable to connect from the source (computer, phono, CD player, music server, etc.) to the applicable input is all that is required.

These are supposed to start shipping in the US soon (2nd week of Jan is what I am hearing at this point). I have several pairs on order and really looking forward to getting to try them out.
    Goldprint Audio -- Dealer For: PS Audio -- Leben -- KEF -- Line Magnetic -- DeVore Fidelity -- Joseph Audio -- Sugden -- Rogue Audio -- Manley Labs -- VPI Industries -- Bel Canto -- Alta Audio -- Tannoy -- Rega -- Kimber Kable -- Ortofon -- Chord -- Sonos -- Quadraspire -- Salamander -- SVS Sound -- Torus Power -- Audio Desk -- Gingko -- Auditorium 23 -- Box Furniture -- Krell -- Cary Audio -- Soundsmith -- EMT

www.goldprintaudio.com

As an update to this, LS50 Wireless are now shipping within the US! Received a pair today with several more on the way.
    Goldprint Audio -- Dealer For: PS Audio -- Leben -- KEF -- Line Magnetic -- DeVore Fidelity -- Joseph Audio -- Sugden -- Rogue Audio -- Manley Labs -- VPI Industries -- Bel Canto -- Alta Audio -- Tannoy -- Rega -- Kimber Kable -- Ortofon -- Chord -- Sonos -- Quadraspire -- Salamander -- SVS Sound -- Torus Power -- Audio Desk -- Gingko -- Auditorium 23 -- Box Furniture -- Krell -- Cary Audio -- Soundsmith -- EMT

www.goldprintaudio.com

Awesome! Have you gotten a chance to listen?

Not yet....the first few pairs are already spoken for, but I have several more coming..... so I'll get to pop open one of those pairs and "play" around with them.

www.goldprintaudio.com

Which color do you think has the highest WAF since as it stands she won't let me bring anything above basement level!

My guess would be white, but probably depends a bit on house decor. I really like the grey color that they have now, and the gloss black looks really nice as well.

www.goldprintaudio.com

White almost sold out on Amazon. They are here in CH, but no change to get a demo listen yet. 15 mins drive away from work.

http://www.audio-visual-factory.ch/i...-fil-2128.html
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Would love to hear some listening impressions.

2'490.00 CHF(la paire)
    2'490.00 CHF(each pair) Brilliant white Frosted Black Titan KEF LS50 Wireless

The new active LS50 and wireless delivers clear, precise, and transparent sound that creates an intense, rich and multi-dimensional sound experience. The beauty of the wireless LS50, its simplicity of use and its elegance will make you shudder with emotions.

2'490.00 CHF

(Each pair)

Brilliant white Frosted Black Titanium

LS50 Wireless
    LS50 Wireless LS50 Wireless LS50 Wireless Video The KEF LS50 wireless is an LS50 wired model. The look remains unchanged just like the design. The Uni-Q technology is based on the placement of the tweeter (25 mm aluminum dome) in the center of the woofer (130 mm magnesium alloy). The amplification system also evolves as each enclosure incorporates bi-amplification (200 + 30 watts), to an optimized DSP filter with phase corrector to synchronize the membranes as well as possible.
    The pair of speakers does not work completely "wireless" since each speaker must be connected to each other via RJ45 cable. The right speaker, mistress, hosts all the connections. In wireless, there is Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 GHz) as well as Bluetooth 4.0 aptX. For the wired, it is possible to connect the system in RCA, USB type B as well as S / PDIF Toslink and RJ45. The KEF LS50 Wireless can process music streams at up to 192 kHz / 24 bits. Via USB Type B and up to 96 kHz in optics. A subwoofer output is also present.
    It is still the right speaker. You can adjust the listening volume, select the source and start the Bluetooth pairing procedure. In the rear, the speaker also offers correction EQs according to the position: desktop or standing, near a wall or not. An application under iOS and Android is available to optimize even more efficiently the sound rendering
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

OK so I just auditioned them...and I love 'em!

Great price, great sound, great convenience. For European/Asian in apartments, its almost PERFECT. For you yanks with tons of retail space in your home, this is an ideal 2nd system that is gentle enough on the pockets.

The new little active KEF should sell like hot cakes to the audiophile crowd living in condos in the big cities. It is the Phantom Killer. White, piano black and titanium are the colour choices. I demoed the black.

I sat in a near field position as the loudspeaker postioning was not great. They sat beside some average size floorstanders and the dealer gentleman didnt want to move too much stuff around. Originally the speakers were about 5 feet apart and he moved them closer to 6ft apart, but almost touching the floorstanders. Despite this, the imaginging was exemplary and the tweeter beats the upgraded one in the Phantom Gold. Very coherent sound, but you would expect this from a standmount, and this is a VERY good one.

The music selection were from 3 of my system demo albums. Markus Miller/Kodo Giant drums, Mussorgsky Gnomus, Fairfield 4 Swing Low/Sweet Chariot, Lofgren Keith dont go, Ozone Percussion Group, Diana Krall - Case of you, etc, were just some of the cuts played. All was done via digital out optical connection from a Cambridge Audio spinner (they only had Ethernet setup there, no wifi).

They dont take up much space, play to 106 dB without subwoofer (only needed for bassheads and HT...not for normal listening...I checked with some depth plumbing organ music).

Lack of DSD is NOT a deal-killing drawback, as you can wifi or USB connect your laptop and with HQP/JRiver convert on the fly to PCM 24/192. The elegance and simplicity of the setup makes up for this minor shortfall.

Careful though, this may make you less audiophile and more musicophile given the turnkey nature of this beast! LoL
    NORMAN

Thanks for the great review! Nice to hear you loved them.

Sold a pair yesterday to a good customer for his daughter to use in the apartment she is living in currently. Like you mention, they do make a fantastic little setup for a smaller space, and without taking up much room.

As an FYI, KEF is also going to start selling matching (color) stands for these as well. Should start seeing those next month (hopefully).

www.goldprintaudio.com

Thanks Norman. Great review! I have ordered a pair. Now what am I going to do with all of my tube and solid state amps, preamps, cables and DAC's (and speakers)?

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    OK so I just auditioned them...and I love 'em!

Great price, great sound, great convenience. For European/Asian in apartments, its almost PERFECT. For you yanks with tons of retail space in your home, this is an ideal 2nd system that is gentle enough on the pockets.

The new little active KEF should sell like hot cakes to the audiophile crowd living in condos in the big cities. It is the Phantom Killer. White, piano black and titanium are the colour choices. I demoed the black.

I sat in a near field position as the loudspeaker postioning was not great. They sat beside some average size floor standers and the dealer gentleman didnt want to move too much stuff around. Originally the speakers were about 5 feet apart and he moved them closer to 6ft apart, but almost touching the floorstanders. Despite this, the imaginging was exemplary and the tweeter beats the upgraded one in the Phantom Gold. Very coherent sound, but you would expect this from a standmount, and this is a VERY good one.

The music selection were from 3 of my system demo albums. Markus Miller/Kodo Giant drums, Mussorgsky Gnomus, Fairfiled 4 Swing Low, Lofgren Keith dont go, Ozone Percussion Group, Diana Krall - Case of you, etc, were just some of the cuts played. All was done via digital out optical connection from a Cambridge Audio spinner (they only had Ethernet setup there, no wifi).

They dont take up much space, play to 106 dB without subwoofer (only needed for bassheads and HT...not for normal listening...I checked with some deep plumbing organ music).

No DSD is NOT a deal-killing drawback as you can wifi or USB connect your laptop and with HQP/JRiver convert on the fly to PCM 24/192. The elegance and simplicity of the setup makes up for this minor shortfall.

Careful though, this may make you less audiophile and more musicophile given the turnkey nature of this beast! LoL

RDSChicago, please post a review of them after you get them. If you are coming from tubes, I wonder how the transition will go for you.
    Myself I tried to change from a tube preamp several times over the years but always went back to a tube preamp. My listening room has shrunk down in size over the past few years to 10X9'. The wireless KEF's has my interest.
    AMP/Preamp/Speakers: Kef LS50 Wireless, Lumin D1, Cayin scd50T sacd, Technics 1200 Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP Laptop, LH Labs VI Infinity, Cables: Wireworld Eclipse & Silver IC, Platinum USB. W4S recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltie1 View Post
    Thanks for the great review! Nice to hear you loved them.

Sold a pair yesterday to a good customer for his daughter to use in the apartment she is living in currently. Like you mention, they do make a fantastic little setup for a smaller space, and without taking up much room.

As an FYI, KEF is also going to start selling matching (color) stands for these as well. Should start seeing those next month (hopefully).
    Yup, the demo units were on Black dedicated KEF stands. CHF650, so about $600 a pair. Heavy.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Thanks Norman. Great review! I have ordered a pair. Now what am I going to do with all of my tube and solid state amps, preamps, cables and DAC's (and speakers)?
    2nd System...its AND not or. LoL
    NORMAN

Or 5th system for many of us ;-)

RDSC, now you are exaggerating, it is only the 4th KEF LS50 Wireles Review.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I wish it were only the 5th!

The LS50 wireless speakers arrived yesterday. They generally sound excellent. I think they need a break in period. The one disappointing aspect is that as of yet, one cannot stream Tidal from an iPhone or iPad wirelessly over AirPlay; only over Bluetooth which still sounds great. You can stream local files on your phone or iPad via WIFI. I called Kef tech support and they hope to add Tidal integration with software updates once licensing arrangements are implemented. The guy at Kef thinks the Bluetooth aptx codec sounds as good as AirPlay/WIFI streaming. I'm sure some audiophiles will differ but Bluetooth streaming sounds pretty good to me with these speakers. Finally, using my laptop Tidal app via the PC connection, the MQA files sound fantastic, unfolding once and streaming either at 88.2 or 96.

It is is a shame the speakers need to be connected by cable as it detracts from the wireless functionality/appearance, unless the speakers are sitting on a credenza where the cable can be hidden.

Glad you are enjoying them!!!

www.goldprintaudio.com

The LS50 wireless speakers arrived yesterday. They generally sound excellent. I think they need a break in period. The one disappointing aspect is that as of yet, one cannot stream Tidal from an iPhone or iPad wirelessly over AirPlay; only over Bluetooth which still sounds great. You can stream local files on your phone or iPad via WIFI. I called Kef tech support and they hope to add Tidal integration with software updates once licensing arrangements are implemented. The guy at Kef thinks the Bluetooth aptx codec sounds as good as AirPlay/WIFI streaming. I'm sure some audiophiles will differ but Bluetooth streaming sounds pretty good to me with these speakers. Finally, using my laptop Tidal app via the PC connection, the MQA files sound fantastic, unfolding once and streaming either at 88.2 or 96.

It is is a shame the speakers need to be connected by cable as it detracts from the wireless functionality/appearance, unless the speakers are sitting on a credenza where the cable can be hidden.
    Maybe you can run the cable in the innards of the stands and then flat on the ground between the stands? Carpet/rug to cover it?
    NORMAN

Hi Norman,

The stands aren't yet available in the States. It would be great if they have wire management capability as you suggested!

Maybe you can ru. the cable in the u=innards of the stands and then flat on the ground between the stands? Carpet/rug to cover it?

Hi Norman,

The stands aren't yet available in the States. It would be great if they have wire management capability as you suggested!
    My demo was with the stands here in Switz.

In any case, i was talking about suitable generic stands like I have that can accept cables inside the column and haide the worst bits...

I know you are loving 'em!
    NORMAN

Does anyone know how long the CAT6 cable is that ties the two speakers together? Could I purchase an off the shelf CAT6 cable, say 15 foot to have a little more width to work with? I would like to put a pair of these in my living room.

~Mike
    ~Mike

McIntosh
    C2300 preamp, Gold Lion 12AX7A Tubes, MC601 amps, MR88 tuner, Bryston BDP-1, BDA-1, BHA-1 Magnepan 3.7i speakers, Mye stands, Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos, JL F110 Subs, Sound Anchor Sub stands, Nakamichi 480 cassette deck, Tandberg 9141X reel to reel, Bang & Olufsen 1700 turntable, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 balanced IC's, Silver Eclipse 6 speaker cable, Shunyata venom 3 power cable Headphones Audeze LCD 2 ver.2 with Q-Cable, Grado SR-60i, GIK room treatments

I believe it is 9 feet. Here is a very helpful file of FAQ's provided to me last week by Kef Technical Support. I am enjoying the speakers immensely:

https://file.ac/CHfbDjTEvU8/

I believe it is 9 feet. Here is a very helpful file of FAQ's provided to me last week by Kef Technical Support. I am enjoying the speakers immensely:

https://file.ac/CHfbDjTEvU8/

Thank you RDSChicago. Just curious what color you purchased? I have two black subs that could be used sometime in the future if needed but I am leaning toward the White enclosures. It is great to hear you are impressed with the sound of yours.

~Mike
    ~Mike

McIntosh
    C2300 preamp, Gold Lion 12AX7A Tubes, MC601 amps, MR88 tuner, Bryston BDP-1, BDA-1, BHA-1 Magnepan 3.7i speakers, Mye stands, Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos, JL F110 Subs, Sound Anchor Sub stands, Nakamichi 480 cassette deck, Tandberg 9141X reel to reel, Bang & Olufsen 1700 turntable, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 balanced IC's, Silver Eclipse 6 speaker cable, Shunyata venom 3 power cable Headphones Audeze LCD 2 ver.2 with Q-Cable, Grado SR-60i, GIK room treatments

I chose white. I think all the colors look great, but being a diplomat, I asked my wife which color she found least objectionable, knowing she doesn't like (putting it mildly) any audio equipment I acquire, her viewpoint being that all speakers should be built into the wall and all electronics hidden away in closets. Her answer was white, so white it was!

As to the sound, I am anxious to see the reviews on the speaker. There haven't been very many thus far, although Darko from Digital Audio Revolution named them his product of the year for 2016.

I see your home situation is the same as mine. I already have 4 pair of speakers in my sound room in the basement but not anywhere else in our home. The first comment will be, why do you need another pair? So like your wife's choice, white is the most unobjectionable. But I am going to surprise her. How does that saying go... " It's Better to Beg For Forgiveness that to Ask for Permission". And like you pointed out, I don't need a lot of audio gear in the room. I was leaning toward a Naim muso until I ran across the Kef LS50. No comparison in the sound.

~Mike
    ~Mike

McIntosh

Mike, I laughed out loud when I read your post. Your wife must be talking to mine. I too can't have any systems above ground level. How pathetic that I put up with this!!! But being a divorce lawyer, the old adage, "cheaper to keep 'er," applies in spades. (Please don't share this post with my wife!). So my lower level is filled with a dedicated home theater, several tube and solid state amps, and at least six pairs of excellent speakers. This is in addition to another area, sub-level, of courser, where I listen to my Linkwitz Orion setup with eight channels of Pass Labs amplification driving them. Being limited to the location in the house where I can keep my audio stuff is kind of like the forbidden fruit, if you know what I mean. If my wife let me have a system above the basement level, I'd probably have a fewer number of systems.

The Kef's do sound great and it is so nice to now have to deal with external amplification and DAC's to drive them. If the integrated stands coming out next month do a good job of hiding the cable and power cords, I just might sneak the Kef system upstairs to see if I can get away with it (doubtful).

Quote Originally Posted by Mgard View Post
    Does anyone know how long the CAT6 cable is that ties the two speakers together? Could I purchase an off the shelf CAT6 cable, say 15 foot to have a little more width to work with? I would like to put a pair of these in my living room.

~Mike
    I don't have a pair in front of me to measure, but I do believe that RDSChicago is right on the 9' length (that seems about right). I've not asked KEF if the speakers can support a longer a CAT cable, but don't see why there would be any issues there if you need it longer.

They are fun speakers for sure!! Already sold several pairs of them.

www.goldprintaudio.com

I can totally sympathize with you. And by the way you named off some sweet audio equipment that you have strategically located at your home. Yes I believe the matching stands will complete the package. Your wife will fall in love with them. ~Mike

Fall in love is extremely optimistic

Sheltie1, thank you for your post. I missed it earlier as I was huddled in the bathroom sending my last post. Gotta keep these new speakers a surprise! I already have the couch picked out I will be sleeping on after they arrive. Just kidding... I hope. I have a bay window and I would like to put them on either side. It may be around 10 foot across . I can pull the drapes to hide the glass if needed. I think glass behind speakers are a no no.

~Mike

Fall in love is extremely optimistic
    As long as you dont have your family acting as customs agents for all new incoming packages, you will be OK.

Those Linkwitz speakers are NICE!
    NORMAN

With the new administration all of my purchases would be held up at the US airport and sent back to their country of origin.

Kef tech support got back with me on the cable length between speakers.

Hello Mike, we have tested the speakers with a 30 foot cat6 cable and had no issues. You should be absolutely fine with 20 feet.Best,
    Technical Services
    ~Mike

McIntosh

I heard a set of these over the weekend. I expected them to sound good, however, I was impressed at how good. They were a bit to close to a corner and a wall on the other side, the owner used the app and had the bass turned down some to compensate, so I suspect they could sound even better with a more optimum set up. So, yes, to get a total package at that price and have it sound that good, I'm sure they must be selling well.

The overall sound was good, no one area of frequency dominated, I was impressed mostly by the bass, both quantity & quality. I heard KEF used the Ref 1 to voice the powered LS50.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

They are really quite good....I'm also still very impressed with what you get at their price point. It's a pretty darn good deal.

www.goldprintaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I heard a set of these over the weekend. I expected them to sound good, however, I was impressed at how good. They were a bit to close to a corner and a wall on the other side, the owner used the app and had the bass turned down some to compensate, so I suspect they could sound even better with a more optimum set up. So, yes, to get a total package at that price and have it sound that good, I'm sure they must be selling well.

The overall sound was good, no one area of frequency dominated, I was impressed mostly by the bass, both quantity & quality. I heard KEF used the Ref 1 to voice the powered LS50.
    My EXACT experience too. See my post a few pages back. They sounded great even when not optimally placed and a SW is NOT a must...Total Phantom killer!

If I were to start this hobby over tomorrow, that is where my journey would begin...and possibly end (with SW and source tweaking).
    NORMAN

They are really quite good....I'm also still very impressed with what you get at their price point. It's a pretty darn good deal.
    It has to be said...

In a year or 2 when these hit the USED market at say..$1500. They will be the BIGGEST bargain in audio!
    NORMAN

My EXACT experience too. See my post a few pages back. They sounded great even when not optimally placed and a SW is NOT a must...Total Phantom killer!

If I were to start this hobby over tomorrow, that is where my journey would begin...and possibly end (with SW and source tweaking).
    Heard them, they're quite nice.

But Phantom killer is ridiculous, as Silver Phantoms outplay these little things by a mile. Which is of course not surprising, as the Phantoms are double the price.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post

But Phantom killer is ridiculous, as Silver Phantoms outplay these little things by a mile. Which is of course not surprising, as the Phantoms are double the price.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I would agree that Phantom killer is a bit of stretch, but not sure if I would say that the Phantoms outplay the KEF's by a mile either.

www.goldprintaudio.com

Yes, well, I think they might be comparable in the mids and highs, but the Silver Phantoms go down to 20 Hz - the Kefs just have not much to offer in that region or quite a bit above that for that matter.

I would agree that Phantom killer is a bit of stretch, but not sure if I would say that the Phantoms outplay the KEF's by a mile either.
    Outplay as in boomy bass?

The KEFs sound WAY more refined and cost half as much. In audiophile terms...that translates to Killer!
    NORMAN

Yes, well, I think they might be comparable in the mids and highs, but the Silver Phantoms go down to 20 Hz - the Kefs just have not much to offer in that region or quite a bit above that for that matter.

Not comparable at all, and I am talking about the Gold. I have heard all the phantoms and many times.

If all you want is boomy bass, go get a Peachree Audio DeepBlue 1 or 2 and save a ton!
    NORMAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

KEF LS50 Wireles Review